Singapore Expats Forum

PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
daniel88ng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 24 Mar 2014

PR

Postby daniel88ng » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 12:35 pm

Hi all, i just check online and know that my pr application was approved. i wanna know that is there still need go for the medical checkup? thanks

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34786
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 1:19 pm

If they told you to, yes.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: PR

Postby the lynx » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 1:32 pm

daniel88ng wrote:Hi all, i just check online and know that my pr application was approved. i wanna know that is there still need go for the medical checkup? thanks


Wait for the official letter to arrive. They will tell you in the letter what you need to do. AFAIK, yes you need to do medical check-up unless you have already done so in the last three months before your next PR appointment to complete the formalities.

Edit: 2 years. Corrected.
Last edited by the lynx on Tue, 25 Mar 2014 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

daniel88ng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 24 Mar 2014

Postby daniel88ng » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 2:59 pm

thanks for the info :D

rdueej
Regular
Regular
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon, 22 Jul 2013

Postby rdueej » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 4:27 pm

I think that the standard for medical test is 2 years, i.e. if you had submitted a medical report to ICA/MOM within the last 2 years, then no need for a new submission.

If you are required to submit a new report, then this report should be dated within the last 3 months.

In any case, wait for the letter as it will provide a clear list of what is needed.

daniel88ng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 24 Mar 2014

Postby daniel88ng » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 7:39 am

rdueej wrote:I think that the standard for medical test is 2 years, i.e. if you had submitted a medical report to ICA/MOM within the last 2 years, then no need for a new submission.

If you are required to submit a new report, then this report should be dated within the last 3 months.

In any case, wait for the letter as it will provide a clear list of what is needed.


I recieved the letter and the things same as what u mention. Last time I already submitted my medical report to mom on November 2012 for process my work pass that means I still can exempted for the report?

iamme
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu, 20 Mar 2014

Postby iamme » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 9:32 am

daniel88ng wrote:
rdueej wrote:I think that the standard for medical test is 2 years, i.e. if you had submitted a medical report to ICA/MOM within the last 2 years, then no need for a new submission.

If you are required to submit a new report, then this report should be dated within the last 3 months.

In any case, wait for the letter as it will provide a clear list of what is needed.


I recieved the letter and the things same as what u mention. Last time I already submitted my medical report to mom on November 2012 for process my work pass that means I still can exempted for the report?




I submitted mine to MOM in August 2012.. and I called to ICA to enquire on this same issue and the officer told me as long as it's not more than 2 years, there's no need to go for medical check again.. Just fill in the declaration part at the bottom of the page attached with your in-principle approval letter.. hope this helps..

rdueej
Regular
Regular
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon, 22 Jul 2013

Postby rdueej » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 10:37 am

daniel88ng wrote:
rdueej wrote:I think that the standard for medical test is 2 years, i.e. if you had submitted a medical report to ICA/MOM within the last 2 years, then no need for a new submission.

If you are required to submit a new report, then this report should be dated within the last 3 months.

In any case, wait for the letter as it will provide a clear list of what is needed.


I recieved the letter and the things same as what u mention. Last time I already submitted my medical report to mom on November 2012 for process my work pass that means I still can exempted for the report?


November 2012 + 2 years = November 2014

March 2014 < November 2014

daniel88ng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 24 Mar 2014

Postby daniel88ng » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 10:54 am

I submitted mine to MOM in August 2012.. and I called to ICA to enquire on this same issue and the officer told me as long as it's not more than 2 years, there's no need to go for medical check again.. Just fill in the declaration part at the bottom of the page attached with your in-principle approval letter.. hope this helps..[/quote]

i just call to ICA, they ask me to send me an email to confirm whether they have record or not, sometime MOM forget to pass these record to ICA. have you do so?

rdueej
Regular
Regular
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon, 22 Jul 2013

Postby rdueej » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 11:43 am

daniel88ng wrote:i just call to ICA, they ask me to send me an email to confirm whether they have record or not, sometime MOM forget to pass these record to ICA. have you do so?


](*,)

Try calling ICA again, there will be another officer picking up and you might get a different answer.

Why do you want to complicate everything? Just follow the instructions on the letter and complete the declaration that you have submitted a report in the last two years. They will inform you if any problem occurs.

iamme
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu, 20 Mar 2014

Postby iamme » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 4:38 pm

daniel88ng wrote:I submitted mine to MOM in August 2012.. and I called to ICA to enquire on this same issue and the officer told me as long as it's not more than 2 years, there's no need to go for medical check again.. Just fill in the declaration part at the bottom of the page attached with your in-principle approval letter.. hope this helps..


i just call to ICA, they ask me to send me an email to confirm whether they have record or not, sometime MOM forget to pass these record to ICA. have you do so?[/quote]

Hmmm, i did not... My formalities appointment is next Monday so let's see how it turns out, hopefully the declaration part is sufficient... daniel88ng, when is your formalities appointment?

iamme
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu, 20 Mar 2014

Postby iamme » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 4:40 pm

rdueej wrote:
daniel88ng wrote:i just call to ICA, they ask me to send me an email to confirm whether they have record or not, sometime MOM forget to pass these record to ICA. have you do so?


](*,)

Try calling ICA again, there will be another officer picking up and you might get a different answer.

Why do you want to complicate everything? Just follow the instructions on the letter and complete the declaration that you have submitted a report in the last two years. They will inform you if any problem occurs.



yea will just go ahead with the declaration part and share updates here after my formalities appointment next Monday...

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 996
Joined: Tue, 22 Jan 2013

Postby Hannieroo » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 6:25 pm

Aah. A cunning and subtle plan to see if you are too stupid for PR. Poor Daniel.

iamme
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu, 20 Mar 2014

Postby iamme » Mon, 31 Mar 2014 2:59 pm

iamme wrote:
rdueej wrote:
daniel88ng wrote:i just call to ICA, they ask me to send me an email to confirm whether they have record or not, sometime MOM forget to pass these record to ICA. have you do so?


](*,)

Try calling ICA again, there will be another officer picking up and you might get a different answer.

Why do you want to complicate everything? Just follow the instructions on the letter and complete the declaration that you have submitted a report in the last two years. They will inform you if any problem occurs.



yea will just go ahead with the declaration part and share updates here after my formalities appointment next Monday...



Hi, i'm coming back to update after i completed my PR formalities... daniel88ng, the declaration part of the medical check is good enough, so just go ahead and get that part filled up if you have submitted the medical report to MOM within the last 2 years...

daniel88ng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 24 Mar 2014

Postby daniel88ng » Tue, 01 Apr 2014 10:37 am

Hi, i'm coming back to update after i completed my PR formalities... daniel88ng, the declaration part of the medical check is good enough, so just go ahead and get that part filled up if you have submitted the medical report to MOM within the last 2 years...[/quote]

OIC...thx for your info, it take how long to collect your new IC?


Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests