Singapore Expats

Possible Relocation to Singapore - Advice Please!

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
ArunH

Possible Relocation to Singapore - Advice Please!

Post by ArunH » Sun, 23 Mar 2014 12:42 am

Hi There,

New to the forum.

I might be possibly moving to Singapore by next month. I'll be relocating from Delhi, I need advice on good areas to stay around with the rent cost and if there are any special agreements.

My job would be in china square central and doesn't pay me much ($4K/month). Would I be able to manage in that income and save a little? I am single in my 20's.

Also I need some info on the employment pass, although I have gone through the official site and taken the self evaluation test which I cleared, are bank statements considered while visa application? Basically I have a personal loan and Education loan going on, do I need to clear that before (Organization is sponsoring me).

Thanks in advance for all your help! I look forward to your guidance.

Thanks,

Arun

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 23 Mar 2014 11:35 am

You will likely be offered a low level Employment Pass or more probably an S Pass if your potential employer ticked the box on the application that says, in effect, if the potential employee is not considered eligible for an EP can an S pass be considered? If the employer does NOT tick that box on application, then if the Employment Pass (EP) is rejected, the employer cannot go back and apply under the S Pass category.

As to whether it is livable or not, that depends entirely on yourself. It is doable, but you would only be able to save around 1/3rd of your salary and that is provided you flat share in an HDB flat (e.g., rent a room) nearby to your office and don't drink alcohol or smoke.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers