Singapore Expats

The new criteria for EP's w.e.f. March 2014

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

The new criteria for EP's w.e.f. March 2014

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 20 Mar 2014 3:39 pm

Q, P2 & P1 have been done away with, and have been replaced with a single being, the EP or Employment Pass.

The difference is in the details, with the opening bid at $3300/mo (new grads, etc). Accompanying family members will be allowed in depending on the basic salary.
Fixed monthly salary = between $4,000 and $8,000

Dependant's Pass
Spouse (legally married)
Unmarried children under 21 years old, including those legally adopted

Long Term Visit Pass
Common-law spouse
Unmarried handicapped children above 21 years old
Unmarried step-children under 21 years old

Fixed monthly salary = $8,000 and above

Dependant's Pass
Spouse (legally married)
Unmarried children under 21 years old, including those legally adopted

Long Term Visit Pass
Common-law spouse
Unmarried handicapped children above 21 years old
Unmarried step-children under 21 years old
Parents
You will note, that there is no provision for the parent's of the trailing spouse. This will upset some, for sure.

There are no changes for WP, S Pass, PEP or EntrePass. Yet.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

hilkit

Re: The new criteria for EP's w.e.f. March 2014

Post by hilkit » Sun, 12 Mar 2017 11:27 pm

Hi, the new regulation say that for an EP holder to bring parent here, one must have a minimum salary of 10k.

My question: if my salary is 9.75k and on top of that I have an 8% SRS contribution from the company (which make my total reward surpass 10k), am i eligible for a LTVP for parent?

Thanks

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: The new criteria for EP's w.e.f. March 2014

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 12 Mar 2017 11:32 pm

hilkit wrote:Hi, the new regulation say that for an EP holder to bring parent here, one must have a minimum salary of 10k.

My question: if my salary is 9.75k and on top of that I have an 8% SRS contribution from the company (which make my total reward surpass 10k), am i eligible for a LTVP for parent?

Thanks
From what I know, contribution to SRS does NOT count.

Approaching MOM may get you replies like "each application is reviewed on individual merits ... "

You may approach MOM for clarification.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Mar 2017 6:50 am

Minimum Salary is your basic salary without any additional emoluments or allowances. Your basic salary must be at least 10K/mo before adding in any other benefits. They "have" to have a cut-off somewhere, and sure it's going to hurt some, but there you go. You cannot please everybody and if they start toing and froing they may as well write it up as "we'll see - but don't count on it".
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Post by The Ref » Wed, 15 Mar 2017 8:44 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Minimum Salary is your basic salary without any additional emoluments or allowances. Your basic salary must be at least 10K/mo before adding in any other benefits. They "have" to have a cut-off somewhere, and sure it's going to hurt some, but there you go. You cannot please everybody and if they start toing and froing they may as well write it up as "we'll see - but don't count on it".
Or you can informally approach your boss and explain to them that you love your job but are struggling with looking after your parent. For a minor payrise of as little as $250 per month you will be able to bring you parent here. Next time pay reviews are happening it will be in their mind 8-)

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 15 Mar 2017 8:48 pm

The Ref wrote:
Or you can informally approach your boss and explain to them that you love your job but are struggling with looking after your parent. For a minor payrise of as little as $250 per month you will be able to bring you parent here. Next time pay reviews are happening it will be in their mind 8-)
on the dot pay levels are seen suspiciously by MOM, sometimes ...

A revision to 10,500 $ or higher may raise less eyes, or so I feel ?

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Post by The Ref » Wed, 15 Mar 2017 9:10 pm

ecureilx wrote: on the dot pay levels are seen suspiciously by MOM, sometimes ...

A revision to 10,500 $ or higher may raise less eyes, or so I feel ?
A 2.5% payrise is much easier to get than 7.5% and in line with inflation

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 16 Mar 2017 10:40 am

^^^This.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The new criteria for EP's w.e.f. March 2014

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 16 Mar 2017 1:15 pm

The Ref wrote: A 2.5% payrise is much easier to get than 7.5% and in line with inflation
true :D

Peadlead

Post by Peadlead » Thu, 26 Apr 2018 11:46 pm

some new criteria for march 2018 with https://suppsforlife.to/category/pct ? thanks for all posted earlier!
Last edited by Peadlead on Thu, 06 Dec 2018 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

RDG

Post by RDG » Wed, 20 Jun 2018 4:17 pm

Peadlead wrote:some new criteria for march 2018? thanks for all posted earlier!
for new graduates, S$3600 is the requirement, more experienced need more money. haha. If you want your spouse and kids to get a DP, minimum salary of S$6000 per month. If you need your parents to be on LTVP, minimum of S$12k per month salary.

Hope this helps!

iaannuk

Post by iaannuk » Wed, 04 Jul 2018 8:35 pm

Outside salaries, are they other import factors that can play in deciding the EP?
I'm still waiting for an answer on the EP despite being offered a job by a leading consultancy agency with a salary excl bonuses of 15k +.. I have 15yrs of experience and come from Europe..

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Jul 2018 11:27 am

Relevant & Length of Experience you are bringing to the table. Race 'can' play a factor. And recently, most of all those being hired by body shops to second to other clients. Most of them are being rejected regardless.

RDG

Post by RDG » Thu, 05 Jul 2018 11:35 am

iaannuk wrote:Outside salaries, are they other import factors that can play in deciding the EP?
I'm still waiting for an answer on the EP despite being offered a job by a leading consultancy agency with a salary excl bonuses of 15k +.. I have 15yrs of experience and come from Europe..
company profile and your profile (education, past work experience, race). If its longer than 3 weeks, then there is something brewing on your application.

iaannuk

Post by iaannuk » Thu, 05 Jul 2018 3:48 pm

RDG wrote:
iaannuk wrote:Outside salaries, are they other import factors that can play in deciding the EP?
company profile and your profile (education, past work experience, race). If its longer than 3 weeks, then there is something brewing on your application.
Race? What do you mean by race? You mean background? (White, Black, Blue etc...?) Surprising if that is the case....