Singapore Expats

hospitals with donor sperm facility

Discuss parenting issues with other moms here.
nurul624

hospitals with donor sperm facility

Post by nurul624 » Tue, 18 Mar 2014 2:15 am

:( hi,can any body tell me in which hospital in singapore I can get donor's sperm facility? Actually unfortunately I have male infertility problem.So me and my wife , we have decided to go for IVF with donor's sperm. Is there any special legal procedure or requirement for oversea patient?Im a patient of SGH. what is the success rate of KKIVF hospital...do anybody have any suggestion???

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Tue, 18 Mar 2014 4:55 pm

If there is male factor infertility, it can commonly be corrected with using ICSI or TESE as a component to IVF. Have you looked into either procedure? ICSI is probably much cheaper and less invasive than TESE and there would be no need for a donor if you used either. As long as there is a little bit of sperm, ICSI can be used. For instance, if 30 eggs are extracted from your wife, the embryologist only needs 30 sperm. If there is zero sperm, then TESE might be an option if doctors determine you're a good candidate.

Also, success rates will vary greatly depending on the patients. The younger your wife is, the better your chances. Even if she's older, there's still plenty of hope, especially if you have excess embryos to freeze (because that's more opportunity for future attempts). I had my child in my late 30s after an IVF/ICSI cycle in the USA.

I don't know if this will help, but if you visit this web site and under the "diagnosis" box, scroll down to "male factor" and then click "Apply filter." It might give you an idea of what success rates are like on a broad level. It's categorized by age of the woman (>35, 35-37, 38-40, 41-42):

https://www.sartcorsonline.com/rptCSR_P ... inicPKID=0

I don't know if Singapore requires fertility clinics to release success rates. It's probably best to contact individual hospitals/doctors for questions. I would think that legal issues would be worked out between the donor and hospital ahead of time (with the donor filling out paperwork) but I can't say for sure.

Best of luck to you both on your journey to parenthood!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 18 Mar 2014 5:45 pm

I looked into being a sperm donor here some years ago. I had a son via IVF and wanted to give back rather than wasting it on the sheets.

I concluded that it was no surprise there is a shortage of sperm donors in Singapore. They make it very hard to become one.

JJuulliiaa

Post by JJuulliiaa » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 5:58 pm

Bedok from experience I can say that retrieval is not necessarily the solution, we had male factor and sadly no amount of SSR helped.

Having been through it im sure you know these decisions don't come lightly.

I can't answer the OP as we had our treatment in the uk / Europe before getting here.

kpsanelo

Re: hospitals with donor sperm facility

Post by kpsanelo » Tue, 19 Sep 2017 4:25 pm

It depends on the fertility issue. Some clinic gives an average success rate of 25%. Good luck. if you are going through a hospital, ask for their success rates because they vary a lot

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Re:

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 20 Sep 2017 5:08 pm

PNGMK wrote:They make it very hard to become one.
was that an intended pun?
:o
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Re:

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 21 Sep 2017 7:59 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
Three years later, doubt he remembers

Image Image Image

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Re:

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:36 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
No but in retrospect funny.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!