Singapore Expats

LTVP - approval chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ivana2202

LTVP - approval chances

Post by ivana2202 » Sun, 16 Mar 2014 10:34 pm

Hi all,
I'm a work permit holder (salary $2.1K p/mth) and my husband is a PR (salary $5K p/mth). We've been married since June 2013, and I've been working in Singapore since July 2013. My husband has been working in Singapore since 2008 and just became a PR on May 2013. I'm currently pregnant with our first child, the due date for delivery is next month.

I'm just wondering how high is the chance of our son to get his LTVP approved? Actually we are planning to apply PR for him too, we don't mind for him to serve NS in the future. But we're not sure when is the right time to apply PR for our son.

In addition, I'm planning to quit my job in near future to become a full time housewife to take care of my son. I would like to seek opinion from you guys whether my LTVP application will have high chance of being approved too. (after I cancel my work permit)

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate any opinions on this matter.

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Mon, 17 Mar 2014 9:25 am

LTVP for your son has a higher chance of approval than PR so apply for it first to enable your son to stay here.

niceit198

Post by niceit198 » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 1:47 am

if u want stay in singapore after u give birth . u are better get a ltvp for your son. pr waiting time are longer. ltvp has higher chance . u only can apply after your son born.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 12:01 pm

I would expect ltvp chances should be good as PR dependents for both you and son, but then again it's hard to predict anything nowadays and you won't really know until you try. Agree with nicet198, you apply ltvp first for your son, as soon as possible after getting his passport, and then consider the appropriate time to make a PR application subsequently for both you and him.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 4:56 pm

A dependent's visa like LTVP requires a minimum salary of S$4000/month (wife and kids) or S$8000/month (parents and others) for the sponsor.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 5:20 pm

Did it go uP! :o

I thought it was between 2.8~3.5K.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 6:50 pm

The relevant MoM webpage (http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx) lists the salary requirements I mentioned (for EP and S-Pass holders). The ICA page (http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=175&secid=171) does not mention any. I assumed they'd apply similar criteria, but maybe not?