Singapore Expats

Singapore Citizenship Outcome

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kcsyfne

Singapore Citizenship Outcome

Post by kcsyfne » Fri, 14 Mar 2014 11:11 am

Applied since 06 July 2013. No outcome so far. Called ICA, officer claimed processing time might be even longer than 9 months (as told when applied).

Malaysian chinese (Mother & 2 years old Daughter) because
Husband can't apply yet (PR less than 3 year when applying).

Admin
PR for almost 5 years. (Renewing PR in April/May)
Resided in SG for 9-10 years.
Mum is a Sporean by birth but married to msian dad, delivered her childrens in Malaysia. Resided in Malaysia.. but back to SG for goods since 3 years ago.

Eldest sis (Single) got SC approval in 3 mths.
Youngest Sis (Married to Sporean) got SC approval in 9mths+.

Anyone with the same scenario?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Singapore Citizenship Outcome

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 14 Mar 2014 7:40 pm

kcsyfne wrote:Applied since 06 July 2013. No outcome so far. Called ICA, officer claimed processing time might be even longer than 9 months (as told when applied).

Admin
Mum is a Sporean by birth but married to msian dad, delivered her childrens in Malaysia. Resided in Malaysia.. but back to SG for goods since 3 years ago.

You should have waited for your husband to get PR. What's the rush anyways? In most countries it takes min of a decade now to get citizenship.

bumblebee007

Post by bumblebee007 » Sat, 15 Mar 2014 1:45 am

I applied for SC in Apr 2013 and just got the in-principle approval letter..
So if you see i had to wait for more than 9 months to see the outcome..

Btw I got my REP renewed in Sep 2013. I noticed that recently a lot of people that I know got their SC application approved. Some of them not even married or not even own a property in Singapore.

So I would suggest just have some patience and watch. Even calling them would not expedite the process. Hope for the best. Good luck.

kcsyfne

Post by kcsyfne » Mon, 17 Mar 2014 12:06 pm

PNGMK wrote:
kcsyfne wrote:Applied since 06 July 2013. No outcome so far. Called ICA, officer claimed processing time might be even longer than 9 months (as told when applied).

Admin

You should have waited for your husband to get PR. What's the rush anyways? In most countries it takes min of a decade now to get citizenship.
Wanted to wait for my husband but since we passed the assessment, then might as well we submit first. So i can apply for a hdb and even plan for my 2nd baby rather than waiting for another year.

kcsyfne

Post by kcsyfne » Mon, 17 Mar 2014 12:15 pm

bumblebee007 wrote:I applied for SC in Apr 2013 and just got the in-principle approval letter..

Btw I got my REP renewed in Sep 2013. I noticed that recently a lot of people that I know got their SC application approved. Some of them not even married or not even own a property in Singapore.

So I would suggest just have some patience and watch. Even calling them would not expedite the process. Hope for the best. Good luck.
That's the prob. Not sure if i were to renew my REP which gonna expire End May or shall i just wait for the outcome till april 1st? Hopefully, my application will be approved too.. finger's crossed. Thought of going to the MP seek appeal, reason of appeal will be REP expiring soon. *confused

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 17 Mar 2014 1:11 pm

You cannot appeal if it hasn't been rejected. :?

If you were smart you would renew your REP thereby showing them that your intent is on staying in Singapore. They may well be waiting on that very thing, seeing that is coming up for renewal. Is it your first renewal? If it is, it's very important to renew it.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kcsyfne

Post by kcsyfne » Tue, 18 Mar 2014 10:17 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You cannot appeal if it hasn't been rejected. :?

If you were smart you would renew your REP thereby showing them that your intent is on staying in Singapore. They may well be waiting on that very thing, seeing that is coming up for renewal. Is it your first renewal? If it is, it's very important to renew it.
Yup, its my 1st renewal. I'm planning to renew next week (2 mths before expiry) just in case. I realize the outcome for recent applications takes more than a year to process.

kcsyfne

Post by kcsyfne » Tue, 18 Mar 2014 10:23 am

bumblebee007 wrote:I applied for SC in Apr 2013 and just got the in-principle approval letter..

Single applicant or family?

bumblebee007

Post by bumblebee007 » Tue, 03 Feb 2015 11:42 pm

kcsyfne wrote:

Single applicant or family?
Its been long after i am replying on this thread.. i missed out on the notification about the question asked..

Anyways if it helps anyone else. . I applied with family..