Singapore Expats

Looking for Business Chinese courses

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
mariak

Looking for Business Chinese courses

Post by mariak » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:36 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm currently a student finishing my bachelor degree in business in Taiwan and thinking about reallocating to Singapore after graduation. I visited it once and absolutely fell in love with this country. However, finding a job might be a bit tough right now mainly because I'm not there for the interviews. So i thought i'd sign up for business chinese courses first so i'd have an excuse to move there. And when I'm there i'll start to look for a real full time job. My chinese level is somewhere between intermediate and advanced, closer to intermediate though, so i don't need to start from basics. I'm just looking for the ways to improve it.
Can anyone recommend me a good language center please? And does it even make sense to make such a move?

Any help will be appreciated! I'm a bit lost here :(

Thanks in advance!

umangnaik29

Re: Looking for Business Chinese courses

Post by umangnaik29 » Thu, 27 Mar 2014 10:16 am

mariak wrote:Hello everyone,

I'm currently a student finishing my bachelor degree in business in Taiwan and thinking about reallocating to Singapore after graduation. I visited it once and absolutely fell in love with this country. However, finding a job might be a bit tough right now mainly because I'm not there for the interviews. So i thought i'd sign up for business chinese courses first so i'd have an excuse to move there. And when I'm there i'll start to look for a real full time job. My chinese level is somewhere between intermediate and advanced, closer to intermediate though, so i don't need to start from basics. I'm just looking for the ways to improve it.
Can anyone recommend me a good language center please? And does it even make sense to make such a move?

Any help will be appreciated! I'm a bit lost here :(

Thanks in advance!
Hello,

I am currently studying Business Chinese at NTU - Confucius Institute @ One north campus. There are many other institutes which teach business chinese.

http://www.wda.gov.sg/content/wdawebsit ... -WPLN.html
http://www.ci-ntu.com/acp/programmes/bu ... gramme-wsq

Course details are in the link above. Classes are usually held in the evenings in weekdays and in mornings on weekends. You can choose to take a class on weekdays or weekends.

Hope this helps!