Singapore Expats

Want to Leave

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 13 Apr 2014 9:25 am

C'mon guys, he tried to take the mickey, but apologized before anybody jumped down his throat. He, like lots of others, didn't do any research on the board before blindly engaging his fingers before his thinking cap.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 13 Apr 2014 10:58 am

What I find strange is this common apparent assumption that if one points out to some problems this must be for 100% of the population. Soon examples follow to prove otherwise based on limited numbers of individuals doing well or very well overseas.

korrpui

Post by korrpui » Sun, 13 Apr 2014 1:47 pm

Brah wrote:
taxico wrote:
korrpui wrote:...To bring a balanced perspective to a viewpoint is important here and I cannot see this amongst the posters, even from "moderators".
as i'm sure you've astutely observed: generalizing is not limited to the participants of this discussion (or this forum... or within the confines of singapore, even).

they may be moderators, but are not acting on behalf of any entity or groups of persons but themselves...

the "moderators" are entitled to their opinions, as are you and i.
I don't give this cat very long, for he is daft. Daft Cat.

Daft cat?

Seriously?

Brah. Hamburg. :roll:

korrpui

Post by korrpui » Sun, 13 Apr 2014 2:03 pm

x9200 wrote:What I find strange is this common apparent assumption that if one points out to some problems this must be for 100% of the population. Soon examples follow to prove otherwise based on limited numbers of individuals doing well or very well overseas.
What I find strange is people putting labels and generalising based on limited sample sizes.

Anybody who has had secondary school education and above will have been introduced to the concept of hypothesis and conclusion based on as sample testing. A level above will move to population deviations and such, but I shall leave that out for the simple minds here to attain comprehension first of basic concepts,

Imagine if your chemistry tutor tells you "I've been a tutor for 30 years, I know that water is not H2O!"

Zero credibility is given to this assertion, even in the "real world" that somebody points out. (Perhaps your real world differs from mine). Maybe years of blinkered living as an "expat" in SG has dulled your senses. :roll:

What is needed a healthy sense of reality. There are also skills in the West that Westerners cannot do, which overseas Asians given" Highly Skilled" visas are being recruited for. Being an "expat" is nothing really special these days other than for a badge for "have uprooted from place of origin".

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Sun, 13 Apr 2014 4:00 pm

SMS, is this the first cretin of the year, or have I missed one?

korrpui

Post by korrpui » Mon, 14 Apr 2014 3:27 pm

When you can't win an argument based on facts and logic, you resort to name calling? Cretin? Why stop there, lad?

tsk tsk. how mature.

You have not rebutted any of my points at all. "Daft cat" "Cretin". Intellectual capability - zero, unless limited to derogatory words and insults.

And you think Singaporeans have no skills? If that's the level of "expats" with "skills", I shudder. Yo homie, this ain't your old turf no more :roll:

SMS, he needs backup. :wink:

Alright old chaps - am off to Geneva for the week. I MIGHT check back in to see if there's an intelligent response, and might response accordingly. Probably not. Nice weekend ahead, heat wave coming.

Keep the name calling coming. Sticks and stones, "mate"... :cool: