Singapore Expats Forum

USA Tax Report

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

James Bond
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 13 Mar 2014
Location: Singapore

USA Tax Report

Postby James Bond » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 9:04 pm

Last edited by James Bond on Mon, 17 Mar 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri, 19 Jul 2013

Re: USA Tax Report

Postby Tanuki » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 9:27 pm

James Bond wrote:Hi
I moved to Singapore at last December. So I need to USA TAX report to keep the green card holding.
Is there any one who has experience for this?
I'd like to know how I can handle it.
Before leaving USA, I talked with agent and he told me the cost is $1,700 which is really expensive.
I'm very new here so I'm looking forward to see your recommandation or suggestion.
Thanks for your help in advance.

BTW I can't send the text message because I'm new here as well.
So please send email as followed address.


Well, you need to file a US Tax return in general, but that has nothing to do with maintaining your green card. The biggest thing would be to have a re-entry permit that will allow you to stay overseas up to 2 years without giving up the green card. It's a fair amount of hassle and you have to file for that inside the US. I can help you with that for only $1600. :lol:

Posts: 436
Joined: Tue, 15 Jan 2013

Postby BedokAmerican » Sun, 16 Mar 2014 2:36 pm

Maybe one of these entities can help: ... apore.html

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests