Singapore Expats Forum

Where can I buy a Rolex?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5759
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Postby PNGMK » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 7:48 pm

zzm9980 wrote:I'm pretty sure we can find silly photos of any topic on the Internet. Go ahead PNG, Eagle, and Lynx, tell me something each of you enjoy as a hobby or like indulging yourself in and spending money on. I'll find a dozen photos making fun of that topic for you.


That's too easy.... motorcycle customizing and losing money on the stock market.

Go at it.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5759
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Postby PNGMK » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 7:52 pm

the lynx wrote:
PNGMK wrote:Why you want to look like a 'tard?

The link below shows some posers from a Rolex forum... they ALL like like morons to me.

http://f2bb.com/bbs/show_topic/418283


Oh gawd. My eyes.


As one poster said;

I love how these tards try to work in the watch in every possible picture they take.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11109
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 9:01 pm

zzm9980 wrote:I'm pretty sure we can find silly photos of any topic on the Internet. Go ahead PNG, Eagle, and Lynx, tell me something each of you enjoy as a hobby or like indulging yourself in and spending money on. I'll find a dozen photos making fun of that topic for you.


Oh, hell, yes! Golf! Maybe you can work in my new Ogio 14 slot bag?

bgd
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1392
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007

Postby bgd » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 10:08 pm

There are very few luxury items that will increase in value over time, some Rolex models happen to fall into the category that show a positive return.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:17 pm

bgd wrote:There are very few luxury items that will increase in value over time, some Rolex models happen to fall into the category that show a positive return.


plus you can pawn Rolex for good value ... as good as gold .. as per some of my friends ....

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:17 pm

bgd wrote:There are very few luxury items that will increase in value over time, some Rolex models happen to fall into the category that show a positive return.


plus you can pawn Rolex for good value ... as good as gold .. as per some of my friends ....

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Fri, 14 Mar 2014 12:39 am

PNGMK wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:I'm pretty sure we can find silly photos of any topic on the Internet. Go ahead PNG, Eagle, and Lynx, tell me something each of you enjoy as a hobby or like indulging yourself in and spending money on. I'll find a dozen photos making fun of that topic for you.


That's too easy.... motorcycle customizing and losing money on the stock market.

Go at it.


That's easy, 135 page thread of squids: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=56307

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Fri, 14 Mar 2014 12:42 am

PNGMK wrote:
the lynx wrote:
PNGMK wrote:Why you want to look like a 'tard?

The link below shows some posers from a Rolex forum... they ALL like like morons to me.

http://f2bb.com/bbs/show_topic/418283


Oh gawd. My eyes.


As one poster said;

I love how these tards try to work in the watch in every possible picture they take.


Yet in some of those photos, the watch isn't even apparent. I don't even see a watch in a few of them.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Fri, 14 Mar 2014 12:44 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:I'm pretty sure we can find silly photos of any topic on the Internet. Go ahead PNG, Eagle, and Lynx, tell me something each of you enjoy as a hobby or like indulging yourself in and spending money on. I'll find a dozen photos making fun of that topic for you.


Oh, hell, yes! Golf! Maybe you can work in my new Ogio 14 slot bag?


I like golf, so I'll abtain. But I'm sure a creatively worded search or two on Google Images would turn up plenty. Just like it would for anything.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Fri, 14 Mar 2014 3:23 pm

I do not have the privilege of owning expensive toys. So try this as my hobby: running, swimming and triathlons.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5759
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Postby PNGMK » Fri, 14 Mar 2014 7:39 pm

the lynx wrote:I do not have the privilege of owning expensive toys. So try this as my hobby: running, swimming and triathlons.


It's not a 'privilege'. It's a habit or addiction brought on via advertising, peer pressure, a perceived need for useless items; a form of slavery.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 14 Mar 2014 10:32 pm

^^This.

Peer pressure is a b*tch! Fortunately, I've never gave a damn about what other think. ;-)

But if someone wants to bequeath one to me, I will accept it graciously and it will probably sit in the same place as my bequeathed Omega. Rarely ever on my wrist.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Fri, 14 Mar 2014 11:36 pm

PNGMK wrote:
the lynx wrote:I do not have the privilege of owning expensive toys. So try this as my hobby: running, swimming and triathlons.


It's not a 'privilege'. It's a habit or addiction brought on via advertising, peer pressure, a perceived need for useless items; a form of slavery.


Same could be said about your motorcycles then. Everybody likes different things. I think some of these hobbies or collections are silly, but to each their own. Those that go out of their way to make fun of or hate on things that others do that they don't do is what drives me nuts.

But then, you're the intolerant, ignorant, and bigoted born-again Christian. I'd be more shocked if you weren't hating on everyone who's views you didn't agree with.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6842
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Fri, 14 Mar 2014 11:38 pm

the lynx wrote:I do not have the privilege of owning expensive toys. So try this as my hobby: running, swimming and triathlons.


Hobbies people ridicule don't all have to cost money. I can think of another one: "I"? :P

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5759
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Postby PNGMK » Sat, 15 Mar 2014 8:15 am

zzm9980 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
the lynx wrote:I do not have the privilege of owning expensive toys. So try this as my hobby: running, swimming and triathlons.


It's not a 'privilege'. It's a habit or addiction brought on via advertising, peer pressure, a perceived need for useless items; a form of slavery.


Same could be said about your motorcycles then. Everybody likes different things. I think some of these hobbies or collections are silly, but to each their own. Those that go out of their way to make fun of or hate on things that others do that they don't do is what drives me nuts.

But then, you're the intolerant, ignorant, and bigoted born-again Christian. I'd be more shocked if you weren't hating on everyone who's views you didn't agree with.


Ahh ZZM - the lack of emotional bandwidth makes it impossible for us to properly connect via the forum but I am not like that. Truly.

I sold all of my bikes and kept one as basic transport. Gave the proceeds away. As I told Lynx these things are a form of slavery.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest