Singapore Expats Forum

Where can I buy a Rolex?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

TJ43
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed, 12 Mar 2014

Where can I buy a Rolex?

Postby TJ43 » Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:51 pm

I'm looking to buy a nice Rolex for a present...a special present! I need some advice on where to go for good prices, some of the shops have super high prices which I can't afford!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34268
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:58 pm

Buy a Lolex instead. Reasonable. $50.00 or there'bouts. You generally wont find a Rolex on sale. I've been over 30 years and cannot remember a "sale" on Rolex watches.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 12:26 am

Unless you get someone's employee discount, the best prices will be at the airport on the way out. And that is only because you save GST.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9283
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 3:23 am

zzm9980 wrote:Unless you get someone's employee discount, the best prices will be at the airport on the way out. And that is only because you save GST.


not kidding but mustafa has best discount for Rolex ... vs the shop in Aka,.,

no bargaining ... and its at Max discount anyway ...

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2789
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 4:58 am

Mustafa!
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10413
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 5:15 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Buy a Lolex instead. Reasonable. $50.00 or there'bouts. You generally wont find a Rolex on sale. I've been over 30 years and cannot remember a "sale" on Rolex watches.


Mine is a "Lorex".

PNGMK
Director
Director
Posts: 4852
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013

Postby PNGMK » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 9:47 am

Why you want to look like a 'tard?

The link below shows some posers from a Rolex forum... they ALL like like morons to me.

http://f2bb.com/bbs/show_topic/418283

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34268
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 10:28 am

^^This! :lol:

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Postby the lynx » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 10:32 am

PNGMK wrote:Why you want to look like a 'tard?

The link below shows some posers from a Rolex forum... they ALL like like morons to me.

http://f2bb.com/bbs/show_topic/418283


Oh gawd. My eyes.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10413
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:09 am

the lynx wrote:
PNGMK wrote:Why you want to look like a 'tard?

The link below shows some posers from a Rolex forum... they ALL like like morons to me.

http://f2bb.com/bbs/show_topic/418283


Oh gawd. My eyes.


I think that site works well for any overpriced watch. OTOH, expensive watches are a voluntary form of wealth redistribution, so why not?

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Postby the lynx » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:38 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
the lynx wrote:
PNGMK wrote:Why you want to look like a 'tard?

The link below shows some posers from a Rolex forum... they ALL like like morons to me.

http://f2bb.com/bbs/show_topic/418283


Oh gawd. My eyes.


I think that site works well for any overpriced watch. OTOH, expensive watches are a voluntary form of wealth redistribution, so why not?


Hah, not if the wealth redistribution is from one rich person to another rich person.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:41 am

I'm pretty sure we can find silly photos of any topic on the Internet. Go ahead PNG, Eagle, and Lynx, tell me something each of you enjoy as a hobby or like indulging yourself in and spending money on. I'll find a dozen photos making fun of that topic for you.

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010
Location: My laptop

Re: Where can I buy a Rolex?

Postby BillyB » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 3:58 pm

TJ43 wrote:I'm looking to buy a nice Rolex for a present...a special present! I need some advice on where to go for good prices, some of the shops have super high prices which I can't afford!


Hong Kong is the best place, currently, to buy a Rolex. Even authorised dealers' list prices are more competitive than those after discount in SG, Middle East, UK, US and most airports etc.

If you want to save even more, buy a grey import from a reputable supplier. This avoids the usual retailer mark-up.

taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3150
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 4:26 pm

i like watches and collect some.

there are at least a 3 independent grey dealers (without a store front) in singapore.

i've bought a brand new rolex submariner date as a gift for someone last year through a grey dealer - 20% off AD prices with the recipient's name on the warranty card.

i know what i'm buying so there was no fear in being ripped off. let me know if you want to be hooked up.

locally, you get the best prices for new unworn pieces from them. i've dealt with them more than once.

otherwise you'd have to head to HKG or a local rolex AD (limited discounts) if you want it with an official AD's receipt, proper buying experience, etc.

edited to remove price.
Last edited by taxico on Fri, 01 Aug 2014 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9165
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 5:17 pm

zzm9980 wrote:I'm pretty sure we can find silly photos of any topic on the Internet. Go ahead PNG, Eagle, and Lynx, tell me something each of you enjoy as a hobby or like indulging yourself in and spending money on. I'll find a dozen photos making fun of that topic for you.

I truly enjoy UV curing of hybrid, low molecular weight oligomers. Please go ahead.

(Classy/not classy is the dividing line and some subjects attract more of the 2nd type. I believe the Rolex is among them)


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest