Singapore Expats

DBS bank account

Discuss the different banking options, rates, offers and perks.
ruberella

DBS bank account

Post by ruberella » Sun, 09 Mar 2014 10:30 pm

Hi,

Does anybody know if DBS have an minimum initial deposit amount on there expat current accounts? I've managed to find the minimum account balance without getting charged but not the initial set up deposit.

Thanks in advance.

R

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: DBS bank account

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 09 Mar 2014 10:41 pm

ruberella wrote:Hi,

Does anybody know if DBS have an minimum initial deposit amount on there expat current accounts? I've managed to find the minimum account balance without getting charged but not the initial set up deposit.

Thanks in advance.

R
Pretty much all Singapore banks now have a $1000 min opening deposit.

Why would you want to bank with Damn Bloody Stupid bank anyways?

ruberella

Post by ruberella » Sun, 09 Mar 2014 10:46 pm

PNGMK wrote:

Thanks in advance.

R

Don't particularly wanna bank with anyone, but needs must!!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 09 Mar 2014 10:58 pm

ruberella wrote:
PNGMK wrote:

Thanks in advance.

R

DBS has poor service, is always crowded, hasn't enough ATM's.

ruberella

Post by ruberella » Sun, 09 Mar 2014 10:59 pm

PNGMK wrote:
ruberella wrote:
PNGMK wrote: Pretty much all Singapore banks now have a $1000 min opening deposit.

DBS has poor service, is always crowded, hasn't enough ATM's.
Who would you recommend???

Mercutio

Post by Mercutio » Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:25 am

Just use POSB. They don't have an initial deposit requirement and having an account with them allows you to use all POSB and DBS ATMs.
But don't expect anything fancy from them. They are a bread-and-butter bank - but they are good at that.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:46 am

Mercutio wrote:Just use POSB. They don't have an initial deposit requirement and having an account with them allows you to use all POSB and DBS ATMs.
But don't expect anything fancy from them. They are a bread-and-butter bank - but they are good at that.
They still have minimum balance requirement, e.g. for POSB passbook savings account need to stay above $500 or there's a fall below fee.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:52 am

If you really dont want to have the min balance then open a current account with Standard Chartered, its called salary advance account. You can actually withdraw $3000 as credit and dont have to pay any interest. The maximum amount of credit you can get is like twice your monthly salary. It also comes with cheque book.

https://www.sc.com/sg/borrow/loans-salary-advance.html

I use this account as my checking account to write cheques and have a POSB account. If I had to open to checking account linked to my POSB account then I would have had to maintain a higher min deposit($1500) or pay $2 a month fee.

southernx

Post by southernx » Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:51 am

Thanks in advance.

R
We signed up with DBS. My wife just had to produce her passport and her In-principle approval letter from her employer.
No minimum deposit required. We set up a joint account.
No hassle, easy set up.

DBSBank

DBS Bank Account

Post by DBSBank » Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:41 pm

Hi ruberella,

My name is John from DBS Bank. I saw your post and thought to assist you with your concern.

We are glad to know that you are interested in opening an account with us. You may consider applying for our DBS Expatriate Program, please be advised that there is no initial deposit required for our Expatriate eAutosave/eAutosave Plus (Current Account).

Please visit http://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/deposit/ ... fault.page to learn more. Please bring the following documents when you visit our branch.
(1)Passport
(2)Employment pass issued by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) of Singapore or the In-principle Approval Letter.

You can make an appointment as well by clicking the link below: https://secure.dbs.com/forms/dbsform/_l ... etital_NTB

If you have a Twitter account, feel free to tweet your general banking questions @dbsbank or reach us via DBS Singapore Facebook page.

Yours sincerely,

John
DBS Bank
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DBSBank will never ask for your financial information via emails or PMs. For account-related enquiries, kindly call our customer service officers at 1800-111-1111. Thank you.