Singapore Expats Forum

Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 Missing after take off

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9258
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 19 Mar 2014 11:39 am

Barnsley wrote:Can someone explain to me what going on "hunger strike" will do to help the situation?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26626204


it will divert attention from china and make china look nicer .... since china is doing everything to make Malaysia look inept .. so their own population wont lose faith in China ...

tai chi ....

all the news reports out of china are in line with above ... demanding Malaysia share more info, accusing western powers of their failures ... is it any wonder the citizens of China believe a hunger strike will locate the plane?

Primrose Hill
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue, 05 Aug 2008

Postby Primrose Hill » Wed, 19 Mar 2014 11:53 am

yes, what good will it bring this hunger strike?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34259
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Mar 2014 12:00 pm

I reckon about as much as the Bodoh Bomoh did. :lol:

Except it won't bring a spat of viral copies.

rdueej
Regular
Regular
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon, 22 Jul 2013

Postby rdueej » Wed, 19 Mar 2014 12:18 pm

I would imagine it would be very difficult for the families to let go and admit that they cannot do anything about the situation. The hunger strikes can be looked as somewhere between the anger and bargaining stages of their grief.

In other updates, Thailand now reveals that it has been holding on to radar data (did not share earlier because it was not specifically asked for it).

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2789
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 19 Mar 2014 1:02 pm

rdueej wrote:I would imagine it would be very difficult for the families to let go and admit that they cannot do anything about the situation. The hunger strikes can be looked as somewhere between the anger and bargaining stages of their grief.

In other updates, Thailand now reveals that it has been holding on to radar data (did not share earlier because it was not specifically asked for it).


I bet there is more data available than initially suggested.. withholding of information is sad especially when its starting to look like a global task to hunt this plane down.
I think the Malaysian govt is sitting on their thumbs hoping that one of the other countries will help locate this plane. it smacks of total ineptitude to not have called a neighbouring country like Thailand and say hey can you help? do you have radar data you can share with us?
seriously!
:roll: :roll:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9258
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 19 Mar 2014 1:20 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:.
I think the Malaysian govt is sitting on their thumbs hoping that one of the other countries will help locate this plane. it smacks of total ineptitude to not have called a neighbouring country like Thailand and say hey can you help? do you have radar data you can share with us?
seriously!
:roll: :roll:


you are sure Malaysia didn't ask?

and even now Thailand's admission means their radar range over laps Malaysia .. not easy to admit ...

btw how about India insisting there is nothing to see in their radar coverage area ... move on.... and then tacitly admitting their radar isn't always switched on ...

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2789
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 19 Mar 2014 2:00 pm

ecureilx wrote:
rajagainstthemachine wrote:.
I think the Malaysian govt is sitting on their thumbs hoping that one of the other countries will help locate this plane. it smacks of total ineptitude to not have called a neighbouring country like Thailand and say hey can you help? do you have radar data you can share with us?
seriously!
:roll: :roll:


you are sure Malaysia didn't ask?

and even now Thailand's admission means their radar range over laps Malaysia .. not easy to admit ...

btw how about India insisting there is nothing to see in their radar coverage area ... move on.... and then tacitly admitting their radar isn't always switched on ...



I'm pretty sure they did one way or the other but the this whole co-ordination thing is looking rather bizarre.. every day one country says it has something new, another drops out. another joins in
I'm pretty sure Indian govt is withholding some information too
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
martincymru
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 437
Joined: Thu, 16 Oct 2008
Location: out & about

Postby martincymru » Wed, 19 Mar 2014 2:18 pm

- All interested parties are in damage limitation mode..... obvious from the start.

- They worry more about the next election than 230 people missing.

- Problem is solvable/was preventable, just needs political will.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9160
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Wed, 19 Mar 2014 3:08 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Barnsley wrote:Can someone explain to me what going on "hunger strike" will do to help the situation?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26626204


it will divert attention from china and make china look nicer .... since china is doing everything to make Malaysia look inept ..

I don't think Malaysia needs any help in this.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9160
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Wed, 19 Mar 2014 3:10 pm

Hyderabad techie uploads satellite image of missing plane on CNN site
[..] He had found a satellite image of a large aircraft flying very low above the Andaman Islands on March 8 which he believes is the Boeing 777 of Malaysian airlines.


Image

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyd ... 801884.ece

User avatar
rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2789
Joined: Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Location: Singapore

Postby rajagainstthemachine » Wed, 19 Mar 2014 3:13 pm

crowd sourcing to find the plane.. alright next innovative idea please :roll:
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Thu, 20 Mar 2014 12:49 am

ecureilx wrote:
and even now Thailand's admission means their radar range over laps Malaysia .. not easy to admit ...


It's kind of common sense though. They border each other, and the plane flew just south of the border.

It's like Malaysia is a couple having loud sex next to an open window, and Thailand is their neighbor with the open window. If Malaysia really thinks Thailand can't hear them (despite Thailand not saying anything), they're being naive.

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Thu, 20 Mar 2014 12:50 am

x9200 wrote:Hyderabad techie uploads satellite image of missing plane on CNN site
[..] He had found a satellite image of a large aircraft flying very low above the Andaman Islands on March 8 which he believes is the Boeing 777 of Malaysian airlines.




http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyd ... 801884.ece


The article you are looking for is no longer available in this website.


My guess is a spoof. Especially considering what the local time would have been when that 777 would been overflying those island (hint: no light).

User avatar
Wd40
Director
Director
Posts: 3788
Joined: Tue, 04 Dec 2012
Location: SIndiapore

Postby Wd40 » Thu, 20 Mar 2014 1:08 am

Here's the working link to the article:

http://m.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyder ... 01884.ece/

The comments section in the article make it very clear that the image is not of the MH 370

sunbox
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed, 08 Sep 2010

Postby sunbox » Thu, 20 Mar 2014 5:10 am

Here is another theory which is floating around

The idea that the pilot had planned on flying for 7-odd hours over air spaces of several countries and somehow manage to avoid detection is preposterous. No plan is ever made assuming a series of blunders by various countries. Here is what I believe happened. As a passionate supporter of Anwar Ibrahim, the pilot wanted revenge from the current dispensation in Malaysia. He planned to force his own government to bring his plane down with passengers from various countries including China and cause them untold embarrassment. He flew over no airspace except Malaysian expecting to be intercepted and brought down. When no such thing happened he flew eastwards into the vast Pacific Ocean rather than the west where, for some reason, most search is currently on. Why did he switch off communications? If all he wanted to do was to commit suicide, why cut off communication? Because he wanted to avoid the possibility of his family and friends asking him to see reason over the phone.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Latest News & Current Affairs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests