Singapore Expats

Scar Treatment

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
tambok

Scar Treatment

Post by tambok » Thu, 06 Mar 2014 8:20 am

Does anyone here knows someone or clinics that offers laser scar removal?.i've got this scars since I was a child. I am a grown-up lady now and
I am very conscious of my legs.

I hope someone here can help me .:)

BedokAmerican
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BedokAmerican » Fri, 07 Mar 2014 3:08 pm

Have you checked for scar removal gel pads at drug stores, such as Guardian or Watson's? If you can't find them on the shelf, maybe a pharmacist has them behind the counter. Might be a place to start.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Sat, 08 Mar 2014 10:59 am

those don't work. she is better of using re-usable heat packs or heated damp tea towels regularly.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

sgurtle

Best way for scar treatment?

Post by sgurtle » Tue, 11 Mar 2014 12:16 am

Hihi, I have a lot of acne scars as well. Went for chemical peel treatment and IPL before. Hurt like hell..

All I can say is that my acne scars have lightened up quite a bit now, after using some products that my friend recommended me, and it really gave me quite a big confidence boost..

You can go for chemical peal treatment, or even laser treatment to remove the scars, but I don't know whether you can handle the pain or not..
Urtle - Slow and Steady

americanhippo

Post by americanhippo » Tue, 11 Mar 2014 3:35 pm

You can easily hit a few clinics offering laser scar removal treatments nowadays in Singapore. It seems so much easier to locate aesthetic clinics than clinics that treat the sick.

The technology of the machine clinics use are pretty similar. Just the brand of the machine, how much the doctor wants to rip you off, the location of the clinic, etc... If you go to a clinic which uses a branded machine, at a prime centralised location, with staffs that treats you like a king, of course, the costs of the branding, rental, etc.. will ultimately be passed on you - the end consumer.

Sara.D

Post by Sara.D » Tue, 18 Mar 2014 11:38 am

I had good experiences with the fractional laser technique for scar removal. Otherwise try massages with bi-oil. It is supposed to be really good for scars, stretch marks, etc.

JGerard

Post by JGerard » Sun, 06 Apr 2014 2:31 pm

I have some recommendations for scar removal, works well. PM me for details
Giving Your Best In Everything You Do. The 5 pillars Of Success In Business.

reisha

Post by reisha » Fri, 16 May 2014 12:38 pm

Well I feel that for scar treatment, creams available on pharmacy is pretty expensive. I would recommend you to try some home remedies such as Almond Oil. Really good for scar, after some time your scar will fades. It works on me tho.

sandra413

Acne Scars

Post by sandra413 » Sat, 13 Sep 2014 2:18 pm

Jojoba oil is natural way to treat acne scars.Regular use of jojoba oil can diminish your acne scars forever.Use this oil to treat acne scars for at least two months, hopefully you’ll get positive results

Logan_United

Re: Scar Treatment

Post by Logan_United » Mon, 15 Dec 2014 12:05 pm

Yo, i've been having acne problems for sometime now. hoping if anyone could give me some advice about aesthetic treatment for acnes and acne's scars. been feeling really depress every time i look at myself in the mirror lately. sigh

choya

Post by choya » Sat, 20 Dec 2014 12:23 am

I have very sensitive skin since young and always develop rashes and thus lots of scarring on my arms and legs (constantly). I've seen a couple of dermatologists, however they weren't even interested to take a closer at my legs before prescribing me with some useless cream.

I found this doctor located in Orchard after doing some research online. He is very good and attentive, he really listens to your concerns and understand how you feel. I have been getting my laser there ever since.

Logan_United

Post by Logan_United » Mon, 29 Dec 2014 10:55 am

choya wrote:I have very sensitive skin since young and always develop rashes and thus lots of scarring on my arms and legs (constantly). I've seen a couple of dermatologists, however they weren't even interested to take a closer at my legs before prescribing me with some useless cream.

I found this doctor located in Orchard after doing some research online. He is very good and attentive, he really listens to your concerns and understand how you feel. I have been getting my laser there ever since.
anymore details of the doctor? :) mind i ask how much is the laser treatment?

Matt_hew91

Post by Matt_hew91 » Tue, 30 Dec 2014 2:45 pm

Logan_United wrote:
choya wrote:I have very sensitive skin since young and always develop rashes and thus lots of scarring on my arms and legs (constantly). I've seen a couple of dermatologists, however they weren't even interested to take a closer at my legs before prescribing me with some useless cream.

anymore details of the doctor? :) mind i ask how much is the laser treatment?
i would also like more imformation on it as well! thanks in advance! :D

patriciaang83

Post by patriciaang83 » Thu, 08 Jan 2015 2:04 am

I heard of a doctor at paragon that does acne removal laser for cheap, anybody knows which doctor is it.

If not otherwise, i would love to get recommendations for laser acne removal!!

catherineyong

Post by catherineyong » Sat, 31 Jan 2015 4:51 pm

I recommended you do laser in Johor Bahru clinic.....charge will be cheaper than Singapore clinic
I done Hair removal laser in a JB clinic....I got good result and low charges of course :D