Singapore Expats

Student pass rejected because of student pass?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Jordytan

Student pass rejected because of student pass?

Post by Jordytan » Tue, 04 Mar 2014 8:26 am

Hi, good day everyone

I have a problem with my student pass renewal. My school will nost submitted my renewal form to ica because of my attendance is just 82%. The requirement is 90% for international student. The school advised me to take semester break. However this is my last semester of studying.

What should i do? Do i just ask school to submit it to ica? They are afraid that once its rejected it will hard for me to obtain it back.

Thanks guys

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Tue, 04 Mar 2014 8:32 am

School requirement or ICA requirement? If it's an ICA requirement there is no hope of "submitting anyway".

Do you have a serious documented medical condition you could try to leverage? If not, then your attendance is atrocious. I'd fire you if you were my employee.

rdueej
Regular
Regular

Re: Student pass rejected because of student pass?

Post by rdueej » Tue, 04 Mar 2014 10:12 am

Jordytan wrote:Hi, good day everyone

I have a problem with my student pass renewal. My school will nost submitted my renewal form to ica because of my attendance is just 82%. The requirement is 90% for international student. The school advised me to take semester break. However this is my last semester of studying.

What should i do? Do i just ask school to submit it to ica? They are afraid that once its rejected it will hard for me to obtain it back.

Thanks guys
Do you have a valid reason for missing out on your attendance? If so, then you might be able to justify.

Also which school are you talking about? I guess that you are talking about a private education organisation. The school does not have any control over this decision. The 90% attendance is an ICA requirement.

You can find more details in this letter : [ http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/do ... c%2005.pdf ]

The requirement is to prevent abuse of a student pass by people who just pay a school to get a long term pass in Singapore.

div10

Post by div10 » Tue, 26 Apr 2016 9:27 pm

Hi there.

Did you manage to get your student pass extension in the end? I am in a similar situation and wish to know what happened in the end.

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Apr 2016 10:52 pm

div10, you do realize you are responding to a post that is 2 years old, don't you? He only had one semester left, I reckon he's long gone by now.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

div10

Post by div10 » Wed, 27 Apr 2016 1:53 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:div10, you do realize you are responding to a post that is 2 years old, don't you? He only had one semester left, I reckon he's long gone by now.
I do but I really want to know the outcome of the situation as I know it is pointless to keep appealing against the ICA's decision multiple times if they have rejected my application to begin with.

I still have the option to transfer to my main campus in Australia but am hoping to get as much information about how the ICA works before I do so.

Thanks anyway

deepi

Post by deepi » Mon, 24 Sep 2018 8:17 pm

hi
i just want to know if i am transferring school will ica get attendance from my previous school even though i am applying as new application and not as transferring school application