Singapore Expats Forum

PR steps

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed, 13 Nov 2013

PR steps

Postby midlet2013 » Mon, 03 Mar 2014 10:27 am

Hi
Today my PR status on ICA site changed from Pending to Approved.

Do I have to wait for the letter from ICA to start the next steps. How much time does it take to get the actual card.

I am not in rush but sooner will be better.

Thanks
m

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34786
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Mar 2014 10:58 am

You need to wait for the letter. Patience is a virtue.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5406
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Location: Sinkapore

Postby PNGMK » Mon, 03 Mar 2014 2:17 pm

You need to register on the election website as voter. ;)

dylbroakl
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon, 03 Mar 2014

Postby dylbroakl » Mon, 03 Mar 2014 2:25 pm

Could u pls share ur profile.. like processing time,salary, kids, race, how long u r in singapore, nature of work.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34786
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Mar 2014 3:29 pm

Why? He's already gotten his. :cool:

vaikrit
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue, 23 Jul 2013

Postby vaikrit » Mon, 03 Mar 2014 4:43 pm

PNGMK wrote:You need to register on the election website as voter. ;)
ha ha

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed, 13 Nov 2013

Postby midlet2013 » Tue, 04 Mar 2014 10:49 am

Unnecessary Joke

PNGMK wrote:You need to register on the election website as voter. ;)

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: PR steps

Postby the lynx » Tue, 04 Mar 2014 10:54 am

midlet2013 wrote:Hi
Today my PR status on ICA site changed from Pending to Approved.

Do I have to wait for the letter from ICA to start the next steps. How much time does it take to get the actual card.

I am not in rush but sooner will be better.

Thanks
m


You still need to book appointment to complete the formality of PR application after you get the letter. Sometimes the earliest available slot is 2 months away. Then after you complete the formality, you need to book the appointment to collect your shiny new blue IC, which I hear that the earliest available slot is about a month away or two. But you can have self-collect your IC at the Singpost of your choice with a fee.

So, you still have to wait for your letter to arrive first. Congratulations.

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed, 13 Nov 2013

Re: PR steps

Postby midlet2013 » Tue, 04 Mar 2014 11:07 am

Thanks. There is really no rush. I can wait 3-4 months.

the lynx wrote:
midlet2013 wrote:Hi
Today my PR status on ICA site changed from Pending to Approved.

Do I have to wait for the letter from ICA to start the next steps. How much time does it take to get the actual card.

I am not in rush but sooner will be better.

Thanks
m


You still need to book appointment to complete the formality of PR application after you get the letter. Sometimes the earliest available slot is 2 months away. Then after you complete the formality, you need to book the appointment to collect your shiny new blue IC, which I hear that the earliest available slot is about a month away or two. But you can have self-collect your IC at the Singpost of your choice with a fee.

So, you still have to wait for your letter to arrive first. Congratulations.

daniel88ng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 24 Mar 2014

Re: PR steps

Postby daniel88ng » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 12:42 pm

midlet2013 wrote:Hi
Today my PR status on ICA site changed from Pending to Approved.

Do I have to wait for the letter from ICA to start the next steps. How much time does it take to get the actual card.

I am not in rush but sooner will be better.

Thanks
m


congrazt...my pr also was approved on last week...how long did you wait for the letter.

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed, 13 Nov 2013

Postby midlet2013 » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 2:28 pm

1 Week.

daniel88ng
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon, 24 Mar 2014

Postby daniel88ng » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 2:48 pm

midlet2013 wrote:1 Week.


oic...then the next step they got ask you to prepare any documents?

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 3:06 pm

daniel88ng wrote:
midlet2013 wrote:1 Week.


oic...then the next step they got ask you to prepare any documents?


Got

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 162
Joined: Wed, 13 Nov 2013

Postby midlet2013 » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 3:35 pm

1. Using the id on the letter, u have to set an appointment. U may get a date after few weeks.
2. U need letter from Employer. It states that the employer shd be the same as the one when u applied. But I am not sure how critical this is.
3. U need two medical documents:

Chest X-Ray
HIV Test

4. Once u go to ICA with these, ur PR will be issued with immediate effect.
U can collect ur Card from Singpost or ICA after a min of one week. But with the letter they give, u can travel.

daniel88ng wrote:
midlet2013 wrote:1 Week.


oic...then the next step they got ask you to prepare any documents?

iamme
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu, 20 Mar 2014

Postby iamme » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 5:01 pm

Congrats midlet2013... :) i got my approval beginning of the month too, formalities appointment is next week..

side track a little, anyone knows what time does the photo booth in ICA open? my appointment is 8.15am so if they open later than that then i have to prepare photos a day or two earlier... thanks!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron