Singapore Expats

Brand new and need some friends

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
ruberella

Brand new and need some friends

Post by ruberella » Sat, 22 Feb 2014 2:14 pm

Hi,

So I arrived in Singapore just over a week ago. Enjoying my new job but feeling a little isolated friends wise.

Want to be cautious on meeting people one to one from forums for obvious reasons.

So...
Can anyone recommend any good events to go to that are well organised and will help me meet friends to help me feel less lonely.

I'm not too fussed on them being wild nights or just a quiet drink.

Just wanna get more settled before I start thinking of going home lol!

Im 23, female, living in the Bukit Timah Area.

Any help would be massively appreciated!
Thanks!!

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Mon, 24 Feb 2014 7:55 am

FNDC and WNDC is a good place to start with. You don't have to be a heavy drinker to be there...

poc4hontas' Sunday brunches in the 30s Club thread would be another good place to start (but this one is rather random, because the host herself is quite busy)

Me and justsee usually put something up in the Weekenders thread, but nowadays we don't post anything much in the forum...I stopped trying to widen my social circle proactively, and just strengthening the bonds with the ones I have made good friends with. justsee however stopped using the forum and just gets his hand dirty...we're all a mixed group of expats from different regions of the world and some locals.

I think tancassandra is making a meetup for dinner,drinks and partying this weekend. You should check that one up.

Meetup.com would be a better choice for widening social circles in a group setting, and frankly speaking, it's "safer" to meet new people than the usual suspects in this forum.

You can PM me if you want to join anything I'm making up in the future with our group...

All the best!
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.