Singapore Expats

ICA asked for family details

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Sophia Varkey

ICA asked for family details

Post by Sophia Varkey » Fri, 21 Feb 2014 11:01 am

My husband, myself and baby applied for PR. We got a letter from ICA after 7 months asking for details of our parents and siblings..Does ICA asks everyone who applies for PR about family details.? Why is it taking so long?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 21 Feb 2014 11:47 am

This is normal. It's not everybody, but it is a normal happening. We are guessing at the reasons and have presumed (maybe erroneously) that they are looking to see at the potential collateral baggage that might come from the giving of PR. Again, we have no way of knowing for sure.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

SGlover

Post by SGlover » Fri, 21 Feb 2014 8:53 pm

I thought it is mandatory to provide complete detail of siblings and parents in PR form itself (without that application will not be accepted at first stage).

What other family detail Sophia needs to provide?
:?

Sophia Varkey

Post by Sophia Varkey » Sat, 22 Feb 2014 10:44 pm

Dear SG lover,
That is what even we are wondering about..we had filled the application form completely...now ICA has sent a letter asking for more details and they have enclosed a form to be filled about our parents and siblings, their date of birth, job, rank, employer, n all..we r asked to submit it within 2 weeks ...

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 23 Feb 2014 12:38 am

Sounds like they are probing for collateral baggage. If all are employed or not dependent on your for their survival then you probably have a chance for PR. However, if it looks like they are needy, they might wonder if you will try to "import" them as well at a later date. One can never tell how ICA thinks.

This happens a lot to those from India, and based on the fact that your nick is the name of a school principal in Chennai, I would have to assume you are South Indians, Tamil perhaps. So, my advice, given that you have already waited 7 months is to give them the information required as soon as possible. Sadly, it their ball field, their ball, and their rules. So if we want to play, we learn to play it their way.

:-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

SGlover

Post by SGlover » Sun, 23 Feb 2014 2:09 pm

Sophia had already submitted detail of date of births, occupation, nationalities, whereabouts of her parents and siblings in family background potion of Form 4A.

SMS do you mean if still someone dependent on her salary from Singapore so No No to her PR?

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sun, 23 Feb 2014 2:26 pm

SGlover wrote:Sophia had already submitted detail of date of births, occupation, nationalities, whereabouts of her parents and siblings in family background potion of Form 4A.

SMS do you mean if still someone dependent on her salary from Singapore so No No to her PR?
In the additional family details they ask for not just your parents and siblings but your wife's parents and siblings too, which is not asked in the original form. Also the amount of detail asked is a lot more, like I remember I had to provide the entire work history of my dad, who is not now 65 years old and retired. :o

My dad is really well settled and wouldnt want to budge from him landed property in Bangalore, let alone live in a pigeon hole in Singapore. In fact they want us to come back and live in Bangalore with them. But how do we convey this to ICA that not everyone wants to bring their parents here.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 23 Feb 2014 3:46 pm

^^ This.

Sophia Varkey

Post by Sophia Varkey » Sun, 23 Feb 2014 10:21 pm

Dear sundaymorningstaple,
U r right.we are from south india..:)

And Wd40, was ur PR approved? if so, after how many months?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 23 Feb 2014 10:35 pm

Wd's was rejected, sad to say.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Mon, 24 Feb 2014 4:18 pm

I had to give parents and siblings details for applying for PEP, so for PR I'd expect this is normal.

My PEP was approved.
nutnut

SGlover

Post by SGlover » Tue, 25 Feb 2014 9:21 pm

Thanks all for sharing.

So may I conclude; authority does send that letter to get detail to most of the applicants.

Can anyone share who are the applicants from ICA perspective from whom that letter is totally NOT required?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Feb 2014 10:33 pm

Nope. It is not limited to any single group nor is any single group immune from it. You want PR. Fill it out. You don't? Ignore it. Whinging on here isn't going to change anything at all.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 26 Feb 2014 8:52 am

Nope. I can tell you that only some applicants will be asked to provide additional details. But I can also tell you that it could be anyone from any group.

Sophia Varkey

Post by Sophia Varkey » Wed, 26 Feb 2014 10:10 am

What is the maximum time period to get a reply after we have submitted the additional family details?