Singapore Expats Forum

Disclosing previous employment in Singapore to employers

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sharkie

Disclosing previous employment in Singapore to employers

Postby sharkie » Wed, 19 Feb 2014 2:29 am

I worked with an employer for 2 weeks and and left because the specifics of the employment did not match what was initially agreed. I left the employer and was put back on a short term pass.

I dont wish to disclose to an employer that I had previously worked anywhere in Singapore, but a FIN number has already been created. Thus, do I have to disclose to my new employee that I have a FIN number and previously worked somewhere in Singapore?

martincymru
Chatter
Chatter

Postby martincymru » Wed, 19 Feb 2014 9:10 am

Don't wish to sound negative but once you are in the system here, with all the cross linking, then sooner or later "they" will trap you

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: Disclosing previous employment in Singapore to employers

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 20 Feb 2014 11:28 am

sharkie wrote:I worked with an employer for 2 weeks and and left because the specifics of the employment did not match what was initially agreed. I left the employer and was put back on a short term pass.

I dont wish to disclose to an employer that I had previously worked anywhere in Singapore, but a FIN number has already been created. Thus, do I have to disclose to my new employee that I have a FIN number and previously worked somewhere in Singapore?

Better to be honest and disclose the details. Yes you have to surely disclose to your employer that you had a FIN number before.

Also one of the question when they apply for your employment pass will be :Foreign Identification Number, FIN (FIN held previously)