if your company sends you out before your posting is up, it should be up to them to make up the shortfall to the LL.muskan24 wrote:Hello,
Let me start by saying thanks for all the valuable information that I have found on this forum so far. I came here looking for information about breaking a lease before the diplomatic clause kicks in. So here is the situation
1. Signed a 2 year lease in Nov 2013 with a diplomatic clause that kicks in after 12 months and 2 months notice period
2. Paying a rent of 3400
3. Asked landlord to move out some old furniture before we moved in and bought our own.
4. My agent co broke with LL's agent and I didn't pay any brokerage
5. There is a possibility that my company may send me out of Singapore in next 2 months. Not 100% confirmed.
6. I don't want to run away and don't want the landlord to incur any losses.
7. Landlord seems to be a good man, I don't trust his agent though. Nothing against the agents but this guy is a bit cunning. We had a tough time getting him to arrange a meeting with the Landlord before we signed the lease. The Agent refused to give me Landlords contact number. My agent seems to be owned/controlled by the LL's agent.
There are still close to 8 months before Diplomatic clause kicks in. What are my options ? I want an amicable solution, but I am afraid LLs agent may not let it happen. Any suggestions or advise on how to approach this ?
Totally agree with this.PNGMK wrote:if your company sends you out before your posting is up, it should be up to them to make up the shortfall to the LL.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests