Singapore Expats

Dependant's pass for my infant Baby ( 1 month old)

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 2:20 pm

Dependant's pass for my infant Baby ( 1 month old)

Post by mangocquy » Wed, 12 Feb 2014 2:53 pm

Dear All,

Firstly thank you for reading my topic, Now We're really stuck and panic.

Me and my wife are working in Singapore.
I'm holding S pass, Salary is 4k

My Wife is holding E Pass, her salary is 3K ( She graduated in NUS)

My Son was born 1 month ago on 07 Jan 2014 ,and He is allowed to stay in 42 days with social visit pass .

Now We're planning to apply DP for him, unfortunately My company doesn't have policy sponsorship family. my wife salary doesn't hit MOM target ( above 4K).

We own the private apartment in Singapore and just hired the maid to take care my baby.

Arrcordingly from my colleague, Last 2 years He took guaranty Bank to sponsor for his wife .

Now I wonder, Does MOM still using this option for our foreigner like us?
Actually My son just 1 month old. He's very small and his body is not good enough to travel.

Anyone here can help and give us a solution for my case. We very appreciate that.

Posts: 718
Joined: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 2:51 pm

Post by Beeroclock » Wed, 12 Feb 2014 3:05 pm

Not sure regarding the MOM/DP, but I would expect you can get an extension from ICA, just make sure you go there on or before the 42nd day. It's a challenge even to get a passport within that timeframe, let alone arrange for DP/LTVP/PR... I recently managed to get the passport for my baby just before day 42, and then ICA gave me 60 days extension, to allow for LTVP application etc. We then travelled out and came back in getting a 90 days stamp. Can't rely on this, but just to indicate you may have a bit more time to sort out the solution not just 12 days!

Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 2:20 pm

Post by mangocquy » Thu, 20 Feb 2014 3:20 pm

thank you for your advise,

They just gave us 1 month extension only.
and Now I'm waiting for DP processing ( at least 5 weeks).
Can I come to ICA to extend more time if it run out of time,
Because They said MOM must issue a letter to indicate pass extension, but I worry is not enough time to wait MOM issue the letter for extension.
Do they allow to extend for for child stay in Singapore if I go directly to ICA or I need to go out Singapore and turn back SG,

Can I go JB to renew my traveling documents, Do they allow us to go JB to return Singapore because my friend said If i go JB they won't allow for entry SG.

It's really confuse me and We really worry about it.

Anyone give me an advise or experience about my case,


Posts: 1768
Joined: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 11:15 am
Location: Ahlongistan (O$P$)

Post by beppi » Thu, 20 Feb 2014 4:37 pm

Get a letter from your doctor saying that the baby is not fit for travel.
ICA does not expect you to endanger your baby's health, so a solution will be found.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests