Singapore Expats

S Pass Rejected. Will it have effect on Q1 Pass application?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
paiprasadj

S Pass Rejected. Will it have effect on Q1 Pass application?

Post by paiprasadj » Wed, 12 Feb 2014 12:04 pm

Hello everyone,

My company applied for an S Pass and it got rejected by MOM stating that the company quota was insufficient. Hence my Company is now reapplying for a Q1 pass for me.

I would like to know if my S pass rejection would have a negative effect on my approval for Q1 Pass.

I am an MBA post graduate from India with 4.5 years of total work exp. To be specific 1.5 yrs post MBA. The salary I am being offered is 3.3k per month which is the minimum qualifying salary fr a Q1 pass.

With these stats am I eligible for a Q1 pass? The self assessment tool says that I qualify for a S pass.

Please let me know you opinion on the same.

Any kind of advice or similar experience will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 12 Feb 2014 12:27 pm

It's possible. But I would be more inclined to think not. The reason? Why didn't the employer apply for the Q pass first if you have the necessary qualifications AND minimum salary for the higher pass? After all, the Q would be cheaper for the employer as there is neither CPF nor FW levy on EPs. Also, I'm pretty sure the employer already knew he was over quota before he applied. They could have filed for the EP and ticked the box saying if not qualified for the EP, will the employee consider an S pass. If the employer NOW reapplies for you for an EP, MOM may very well think it's a kick-back scheme unless the salary being offered is the same. Have them apply, you have already been rejected due to quota so one more chance by the employer won't hurt. If unsuccessful, you will need to find another employer.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers