Singapore Expats

Finding a person

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ButterflySingapore

Finding a person

Post by ButterflySingapore » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 1:00 am

Hello everyone,
I need help so I will first elaborate my problem.
A week ago I met this guy in a club in Singapore. Well, I do not know his name, we weren't properly introduced, but we were talking and dancing almost all night. I had to leave because of my friend before he came back so we never exchanged any kind of contact. I would really like to get in touch with him.
So so far all I know is where is he from, what kind of business is he in, when he came to Singapore and of course age and how he looks.
I am wondering does any of you have any idea how to find him because as I can see it chances of running into him again are pretty slim.
Also, I have to inform you that no search online gave any results.

I would appreciate any suggestion.
Thank you.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 4:06 am

See if anyone in the club knows him. Maybe it was his first time there, but people also have their usual hangouts. You might try going back on the same night and time to see if he shows up.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 5:19 am

Enter as many concrete, specific details as you can and do google images search limiting results to Singapore. Maybe his photo will be in the results.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 8:55 am

I think, there is more than 1 million of expats in his age category in Singapore. That is only one thousand times one thousand... I bet, while you're searching, somebody similar or better will come by. :)

ButterflySingapore

Post by ButterflySingapore » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 8:07 pm

Thank you all for the replies very much. I will try, though I already did try some of it.
@Sergei = You are probably right, but thought I might as well give it try :)

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Linkedin

Post by The Ref » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 10:24 pm

I assume you have his first (at least) name, country he is from and industry. As long as he is not an Indian IT worker the odds will be drastically reduced using LinkedIn. Extra details like company name, city he is from or a company he worked in the past could limit it to a few screens to search.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 10:39 pm

Leave it to fate... If it's meant to be you'll find each other ?!?

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Tue, 11 Feb 2014 1:33 pm

I second using linkedin for Singapore, if he's a professional worth his salt then he'll be on there and should be updating it to at least state he is in Singapore.
nutnut

pisceangirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pisceangirl » Tue, 11 Feb 2014 3:18 pm

nutnut wrote:I second using linkedin for Singapore, if he's a professional worth his salt then he'll be on there and should be updating it to at least state he is in Singapore.
Linked In works if you have a person's full name and some idea of his profession/at least company name. In this case OP says she does not even know his name as they were not properly introduced.

OP maybe you should check with the bartender or regulars at the bar. In any case like someone mentioned earlier, if you're meant to meet him again, you will :)

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 11 Feb 2014 3:50 pm

Or maybe he will come read this forum... :roll:

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Tue, 11 Feb 2014 3:51 pm

You can search by company name on linked-in too. You just have to be patient wading through the hits.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Tue, 11 Feb 2014 4:08 pm

One of us might know him. Share!

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 11 Feb 2014 4:11 pm

All-in-all that was extremely stupid not to ask him about anything if you're so worried about it now. You were probavly waiting for him to do some steps, and then you didn't want to disappoint your friend by staying. That's how our friends can ruin our lives if we don't have proper priorities. By now you would've probably have had a few dates with that guy. :???:

pisceangirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pisceangirl » Tue, 11 Feb 2014 4:25 pm

Sergei82 wrote:All-in-all that was extremely stupid not to ask him about anything if you're so worried about it now. You were probavly waiting for him to do some steps, and then you didn't want to disappoint your friend by staying. That's how our friends can ruin our lives if we don't have proper priorities. By now you would've probably have had a few dates with that guy. :???:
Wow that's rude. There's nothing "stupid" about it-things like this just happen. And its perfectly fine to wait for a bit to gauge another person's interest before "doing some steps" yourself.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Tue, 11 Feb 2014 5:54 pm

Well Sergei doesn't sound anything like this guy so we can eliminate him.

See, posting here has helped. :wink: