Girls, beware of this creepy person!

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
evannicole88
Regular
Regular

Girls, beware of this creepy person!

Post by evannicole88 » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 4:50 pm

Hi all

I know that this is not a post for meet ups or gatherings. However, I would like to caution all girls on this site as he only on girls.

There is this guy who is out and about scouting for girls. I have no idea what his username is as he sent me an email.

I have no idea how the admin is able to block him. I just feel that I should warn girls out there.

These are his contact details:

[color=darkred]redacted[/color]

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 4:56 pm

Many guys scout for girls. You can't throw around their phone numbers and e-mails on public forums.

pisceangirl
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Girls, beware of this creepy person!

Post by pisceangirl » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 5:06 pm

evannicole88 wrote:Hi all

I know that this is not a post for meet ups or gatherings. However, I would like to caution all girls on this site as he only on girls.

There is this guy who is out and about scouting for girls. I have no idea what his username is as he sent me an email.

I have no idea how the admin is able to block him. I just feel that I should warn girls out there.

OP, I am not sure what your experience with this individual was but truth is there's tons of creepy people out there (and some great ones as well :) ). Rule of thumb is to try not to give out your email id on public forums and if you do and receive an email which makes you uncomfortable, just ignore and block the person. And its common sense to try and meet people on the forum preferably in groups at public places and then if you like someone you can meet one on one etc.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 5:19 pm

The point is: SHE is giving OUT his phone and e-mail, which is outrageously nazistic!

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Stevie_W » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 5:35 pm

I'll have to agree with Sergei on this.
Especially as nothing is said as to how this guy is being creepy.
Could it just be the OP seeing something that she "thinks" is creepy?
So under such circumstances not really fair to throw around accusations along with someone's full contact details.

pisceangirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pisceangirl » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 5:42 pm

Wow, OP's post seems to have angered the men on the forum! (probably all wondering...it could happen to me! :lol: )

On a serious note, agree that its not okay to share someone's number on the forum just because you have a bad experience with them.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 5:56 pm

He probably stared at her a millisecond too long.

People have been killed for 'staring' in Singapore.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 6:04 pm

He probably got a first date hand-job, and then declared that no he really wasn't the marrying kind after all.

Ah, a woman scorned.

Maybe someone should SMS said Mr. Tan invite him to describe his side of the story, oh and to publish her contact details.

It would only seem equitable, right?

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Stevie_W » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 6:18 pm

JR8 wrote:Maybe someone should SMS said Mr. Tan invite him to describe his side of the story, oh and to publish her contact details.

It would only seem equitable, right?
Not in my books. i don't really believe in all this tit for tat business. I mean, after all, if it did happen, where will it end?
pisceangirl wrote:Wow, OP's post seems to have angered the men on the forum!
Hasn't really angered me. If anything, the nosey side of me is just intrigued as to what this guy had done to have been deemed creepy by OP.

But i still stand by my point, in a non angered way, that shouldn't really go about posting other people's full contact details. It could have been done without actually giving out the email address, and phone number i don't think was really necessary.

Well, it's done so let it be.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 7:06 pm

Imagine me posting all of my exes numbers and e-mails - of everybody who I was not in agreement with while breaking up! :o

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 7:18 pm

Sergei82 wrote:Imagine me posting all of my exes numbers and e-mails - of everybody who I was not in agreement with while breaking up! :o
All two of them?

nakatago

Re: Girls, beware of this creepy person!

Post by nakatago » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 7:20 pm

evannicole88 wrote:Hi all

redacted

This is why we used to warn people not to post their emails or phone number ESPECIALLY women of a certain demographic. But people never listened or did not practice prudence in a public forum such as this.

That said, I found out who the user is and took care of things.

We would prefer that next time, you contact any of the moderators instead of airing dirty laundry like this. Creepy as they are, they still deserve some semblance of privacy...as you do. Single women here deal with creeps all the time and we immediately take action when we can if we're informed. Otherwise, you are free to tell the guy to f*ck off.

To all single women posting for meetups or calls to gatherings, be warned that you will also attract men of unsavory character. We can't always police the type of people that you may interact with here. But we trust that you have enough sass to deal with the ones you will run into outside of the public channels this forum provides online or in real life.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 7:44 pm

It's also worth noting that laws in Singapore would make it easy to sue to OP for defamation and slander unless she could prove her claims. So remember, if you accuse someone of something in Singapore publicly, make sure you could back your claims up in court.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 8:07 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:Imagine me posting all of my exes numbers and e-mails - of everybody who I was not in agreement with while breaking up! :o
All two of them?
Are you talking about last week?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Feb 2014 8:14 pm

Sounds like you do your dessert shopping at OT! Two per week? :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers