Singapore Expats

Starhub has become cheapo?

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Starhub has become cheapo?

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 31 Jan 2014 9:48 pm

Last CNY and every CNY before that they used to give all channels free.. This time around only Chinese channels free :evil:

Worst part is, they are saying they are showing 30 "Asian" channels for free. Why not just call it "Chinese" channels for free :roll:

http://www.starhub.com/personal/promoti ... otion.html

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 31 Jan 2014 9:59 pm

#thatsaracist
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 01 Feb 2014 9:06 am

Because the other nationalities they carry channels for don't celebrate Chinese New Year?

Or, the point is to convert those free previews into subscriptions. Maybe they know the Indians are too cheap to subscribe, and instead just look forward to the free preview days. :cool:

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sat, 01 Feb 2014 10:07 am

I know, what I mean is, in comparison to last year, they have become cheapo. They have also removed the mosaic feature. Seriously, they think people will start subscribing to their channels if they do this? I wouldn't. In fact free previews are really good way to get people hooked on to other channels and get them addicted.

These tactics only makes me eager to migrate to Mio TV, considering they have much better choice of Indian channels.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Sat, 01 Feb 2014 10:21 am

zzm9980 wrote:Because the other nationalities they carry channels for don't celebrate Chinese New Year?

Or, the point is to convert those free previews into subscriptions. Maybe they know the Indians are too cheap to subscribe, and instead just look forward to the free preview days. :cool:
That aside, Starhub is still AWFUL in comparison to cable from around the world! Poor choice, poor UI, extremely expensive.

That's why I cancelled it.
nutnut

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Sat, 01 Feb 2014 11:31 am

I'm with Nutnut on this one.

Free or not the programming here is appalling. I cancelled my subscription ages back and have honestly never missed it.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 01 Feb 2014 12:13 pm

nutnut wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:Because the other nationalities they carry channels for don't celebrate Chinese New Year?

That aside, Starhub is still AWFUL in comparison to cable from around the world! Poor choice, poor UI, extremely expensive.

That's why I cancelled it.
If it's half as bad as the terrible Singtel MIO UI and box, then I'm glad I never signed up.

Couldn't be happier with an Apple TV attached to my MyRepublic fiber. $99 US for the box, and $7 US a month for NetFlix, and then Hulu Plus (using a relative's account). Works great. The only complaint is the kid constantly 'tapping' on my TV to select the programs, leaving finger prints and not realizing I'm using a remote behind her.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Sat, 01 Feb 2014 6:44 pm

I also use Netflix, Hulu plus and BBC iplayer with VQ fibre - all great :) Kids love it too, they can watch what they want, when they want it!
nutnut