Singapore Expats Forum

PR renewal

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.

Sponsored by:
Image
AE Logistics - Movers & Storage

suni50
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue, 28 Jan 2014
Location: Singapore

PR renewal

Postby suni50 » Tue, 28 Jan 2014 6:33 pm

Hi

I have been working as software engineer and lost job in 1st week of January 2014. I am trying for new job still did not get it. I also working as real estate salesperson (part time).
I dont own any property in Singapore.

My PR renewal is due in May 2014. My question is, whether the ICA will renewal my PR if I work as Full Time salesperson? Has anyone come across any similar case (salesperson renewal PR)?

Thanks

User avatar
AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue, 25 Mar 2008

Postby AngelJoy » Wed, 29 Jan 2014 3:56 pm

you'll only know when you try it....

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9266
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR renewal

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 29 Jan 2014 4:52 pm

suni50 wrote:Hi

I have been working as software engineer and lost job in 1st week of January 2014. I am trying for new job still did not get it. I also working as real estate salesperson (part time).
I dont own any property in Singapore.

My PR renewal is due in May 2014. My question is, whether the ICA will renewal my PR if I work as Full Time salesperson? Has anyone come across any similar case (salesperson renewal PR)?

Thanks


you may get your renewal notice by next month, and hope your online submission works fine.

you can never predict, but as long as you have spent the last 5 years in SG, it may still work in your favour ..

User avatar
Barnsley
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2066
Joined: Tue, 10 Jun 2008
Location: Pasir Ris
Contact:

Postby Barnsley » Thu, 30 Jan 2014 1:20 pm

I thought it was just your re-entry permit that was renewed.

Your PR doesn't get revoked does it?

If your re-entry permit is not renewed, just stay in Singapore until it is.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34262
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Jan 2014 1:55 pm

Barnsley wrote:If your re-entry permit is not renewed, just stay in Singapore until it is.


^ 'struth.

I went 15 months without a REP one time.

User avatar
Sergei82
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1455
Joined: Mon, 02 Nov 2009

Postby Sergei82 » Thu, 30 Jan 2014 2:03 pm

I always wonder what is the purpose of this re-entry permit.
A tool to be able to take away PRs? (taking away what was promised as usual)

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Wed, 17 Apr 2013

Postby AngMoG » Thu, 30 Jan 2014 2:45 pm

Sergei82 wrote:I always wonder what is the purpose of this re-entry permit.
A tool to be able to take away PRs? (taking away what was promised as usual)


You hit the nail on the head. I think that is actually its main purpose. Especially for those outside SG while trying to renew PR, without REP their PR would be considered as revoked afaik.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34262
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Jan 2014 2:57 pm

It's to keep certain groups of people from "collecting" PR all over the globe for no other reason than a possible bolt hole. A country with finite land mass cannot afford to let PR roam all over the world and someday, decide to come back here to abuse the system that they didn't put anything into for years. Makes sense to me.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9266
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 30 Jan 2014 3:36 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:It's to keep certain groups of people from "collecting" PR all over the globe for no other reason than a possible bolt hole. A country with finite land mass cannot afford to let PR roam all over the world and someday, decide to come back here to abuse the system that they didn't put anything into for years. Makes sense to me.


another benefit ... say you need multiple entry visa to Malaysia .. it is easy for Malaysia to decide the length of ME visa simply by tying to your REP validity ..

life is easier

as of now Know few denied REPs .. for those who spent more time out of SG


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Staying, Living in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests