Singapore Expats

We are two lesbian mom + a child looking for information

Discuss various International School options for your children here.
Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Tue, 28 Jan 2014 4:26 pm

Indeed, it really seems like they intend to advertise their lesbian nature of relationship openly and everywhere. It's not advisable in Singapore. As you were told on Russian forum, keep your mouth shut and you'll be ok.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 28 Jan 2014 4:43 pm

JR8 wrote:
the lynx wrote:
JR8 wrote: [Squint] Should all male flat-sharers be presumed homosexual?
Why? I used to live in all-ladies flat-share. Frankly, I prefer it that way.
The point was just because two guys live together, why should they be imagined to be homosexual, and thus invite 'problems' upon themselves? That suggestion has not been tested, if you see what I mean.

Similarly with two ladies. Probably wisest not to push it into people's faces too much though, that was what I said, and my point.
I think, giving sufficient time it shows whether this is your flat mate only or a partner and people here are passionate in looking into other people affairs. The concept of respecting someones privacy is broadly speaking not that well known in this country.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 28 Jan 2014 5:58 pm

x9200 wrote:I think, giving sufficient time it shows whether this is your flat mate only or a partner and people here are passionate in looking into other people affairs. The concept of respecting someones privacy is broadly speaking not that well known in this country.
Really, you must have a lifestyle that invites inquiry! :) I don't even know who any of my neighbours are, wouldn't even recognise any of them, and VV I'd expect.

[It's not my way of doing things, and I do find it pretty odd, but that's just seems to be how it works here. It was precisely the same at our last place too].

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 28 Jan 2014 6:07 pm

If you have some traffic around your flat leave your entrance door open half way and see how people behave. 99% will not be able to resist looking inside with probably good excess of 50% slowing down to see better.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Tue, 28 Jan 2014 11:01 pm

People won't care in public unless you get it on and that's the same advice I'd give any couple.

I noticed in a forum I don't post on that somebody gave good advice but advised a 3 bed apartment. You don't need to, it's not unusual to sleep in the living room here or for people to share rooms. Most people will assume that either that or sharing with baby is the answer. But it did occur to me that if you have an anti landlord or a landlord that wants you out you do leave yourself open to the morality clause.