Singapore Expats

Cycling or running

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
milly

Cycling or running

Post by milly » Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:10 pm

I was wonderin.....cycling helps to reduce ur tummy right? but duz it help with the thighs? is it as effective as jogging?

briceloh
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Cycling?running?

Post by briceloh » Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:22 pm

milly wrote:I was wonderin.....cycling helps to reduce ur tummy right? but duz it help with the thighs? is it as effective as jogging?
cycling don't really works the tummy. it does helps burn more fat on yur thighs thou. if yur waistline is not really that big, do crunches or sit ups 3 times a day, 2sets of 20 (slowly increase to 30) each time. it'll give u a nice 6 pec very soon. if 20 is too much do 15 for a start.
IBMing

superedge
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Cycling or running

Post by superedge » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:16 pm

milly wrote:I was wonderin.....cycling helps to reduce ur tummy right? but duz it help with the thighs? is it as effective as jogging?
No, not correct. There is no specific exercise to reduce tummy. Only aerobics activities (walking, running, cycling etc) can burn fat in a proper manner, and it will burn from all your body. Getting a slimmer tummy is just consequence, unless you go for a lipo.

Cycling or running? I would pick cycling, it offers less impact to you, and it is much easier for beginners. Did you try walking? try 3 minutes walking, 3 minutes running, during 45 minutes everyday. I do run/walk everyday 6KM, and it has been great to me and my body.

Doing abs does not burn fat, it will only develop muscles, but the fat still will be there. Remember: aerobics.