Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
peg

Post by peg » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 12:45 am

For those who went for the silkair interview previously and are thinking of going again for next week,don't.They dont include 'previous applicants need not apply' for nothing.Because they do have records,and once found that you attended previously,they wont bother about you because they want to see new faces

Post by Guest » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 1:35 am

anyone who is ard 157 wanna go to the silkair interview together?

Angelynn_belle

Post by Angelynn_belle » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 3:24 pm

Anonymous wrote:anyone who is ard 157 want to go to the silkair interview together?
i'm 156cm, thinking of going too.. anyone?

Re: Hi Paige

Post by Guest » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 10:46 pm

Suzycreamcheeze wrote:
Paige wrote:
Anonymous wrote: Hi girls, have u both been for the previous recruitment for silkair? I was there and lasted till the third round.. the swim and uniform check. I don't know if i can go again this time around... do u know anyone who went thru a few rounds who are gng this time? thanks thanks... cheers
Hi Guest,
I didn't go for the walk-in for silkair, but I had applied through email, as I didn't manage to apply leave for the interview.. Just to check with you that.. Did they measure your height again for the swim and uniform check?

Cheers! Paige :wink:
Hey Paige,
I am the Guest whom u replied to, forgot to sign in. Anyway, if im not wrong, they do. After uniform check, go to a waiting room, then after evryone is done check height, then swim. But, i don't know whether this time ard it will be the same process..
They may change it ard. But all the best, perhaos i might see u at the walk-in. I might as well just try still.
Hi Suzycreamcheeze/ Toori/Hopeless,

I tink I mite give this silkair walk-in a pass.. Becoz I', about to start a new job, IF i manage to get thru the 1st interview, i mite not be about to attend their 2nd/3rd if this on a weekeday, as I dun have sufficient leave yet.. Unless the interviews are conducted on the weekends?

All the best to you gals..

Cheers!
paige :?

Angelynn_belle

Re: Silkair is recruiting again!!!

Post by Angelynn_belle » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 11:13 pm

Ms G wrote:
Angelynn_belle wrote:
Toori wrote:Hi Paige,

I'm In! & sorry abt the late email replies... I'll join MSN soon, meanwhile, feel free to drop me a mail :D
hey hey, i'm going too!
Hey, I want to go too! But the big problem here is that I'm wearing braces! You gals think I should try? :?
i'm wearing braces too, those ceramic ones.. but i think i'm going to try it out.

summerjelly

Post by summerjelly » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 1:57 am

for those who went for the silkair interview before,how's the dresscode like?I mean is it ok if it's not very formal?And anyone wants to go together?Im alone. :(

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:30 pm

summerjelly wrote:for those who went for the silkair interview before,how's the dresscode like?I mean is it ok if it's not very formal?And anyone wants to go together?Im alone. :(
You poor thing.. wat time r u gg? which date? 19th?

summerjelly

Post by summerjelly » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 1:11 pm

yah a little poor thing.Hahahah..im fine with both days,but only able to make it in the morning.

tret

SIA

Post by tret » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 8:23 pm

Anyone knows when was the SIA interview held for the Malaysian (the recently advertised) ?

Ms G

Re: Silkair is recruiting again!!!

Post by Ms G » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 11:34 pm

Angelynn_belle wrote:
Ms G wrote:
Angelynn_belle wrote: hey hey, i'm going too!
Hey, I want to go too! But the big problem here is that I'm wearing braces! You gals think I should try? :?
i'm wearing braces too, those ceramic ones.. but i think i'm going to try it out.
hey great! How long more do you have to leave it on? Btw, are you going on 18 or 19 aug?

pinkpluspinky

should i?

Post by pinkpluspinky » Tue, 09 Aug 2005 3:36 pm

juz to share my experience.

i went for the SQ interview on 30th july. i got through the first round, but was rejected in the second round. my interviewer said i speak too much singlish. i think i was too nervous. what a waste...

but she ask me to try again the next round. ask me to practice on my spoken english. i am going to try again. i am waiting for the next recruitment. so sad now. :( still very bothered by it. my bf say i am crazy. :x

i juz saw the postings about the recruitment by silkair. now i don't know whether to give it a try or not. cause i only wanna go in to SIA. silkair flies short journey, do turnovers only. thus pay will be quite low compared to SQ. not very attractive. and my brother also told me if i were to join silkair, it wont be easy if i wanna join SQ next time. because they would rather want new faces. hmm...

but part of me is thinking of going to the silkair interview, and maybe if luckily i got in i can experience how the interview will be like. so that in the future if i were to go for SQ interview will be more prepared. but i am juz wondering, since SQ and silkair are under the same company, they might have my records? then will have difficulties in future SQ interviews.... comments anyone?

Re: should i?

Post by Guest » Tue, 09 Aug 2005 3:45 pm

pinkpluspinky wrote:juz to share my experience.

i went for the SQ interview on 30th july. i got through the first round, but was rejected in the second round. my interviewer said i speak too much singlish. i think i was too nervous. what a waste...

but she ask me to try again the next round. ask me to practice on my spoken english. i am going to try again. i am waiting for the next recruitment. so sad now. :( still very bothered by it. my bf say i am crazy. :x

i juz saw the postings about the recruitment by silkair. now i don't know whether to give it a try or not. cause i only want to go in to SIA. silkair flies short journey, do turnovers only. thus pay will be quite low compared to SQ. not very attractive. and my brother also told me if i were to join silkair, it wont be easy if i want to join SQ next time. because they would rather want new faces. hmm...

but part of me is thinking of going to the silkair interview, and maybe if luckily i got in i can experience how the interview will be like. so that in the future if i were to go for SQ interview will be more prepared. but i am juz wondering, since SQ and silkair are under the same company, they might have my records? then will have difficulties in future SQ interviews.... comments anyone?
I think you'de better give it up, I have A2 in English at School, come from an All Girls School and speak English at home but I still didn't make it. It's the X-factor that you're probably missing, so perhaps you might want to look into an office job or other areas.

You can't be a stewardess for life...you'll have to do some real thinking about a stable job.

Aure

Post by Aure » Tue, 09 Aug 2005 4:48 pm

Anonymous wrote:

i juz saw the postings about the recruitment by silkair. now i don't know whether to give it a try or not. cause i only want to go in to SIA. silkair flies short journey, do turnovers only. thus pay will be quite low compared to SQ. not very attractive. and my brother also told me if i were to join silkair, it wont be easy if i want to join SQ next time. because they would rather want new faces. hmm...

I think you'de better give it up, I have A2 in English at School, come from an All Girls School and speak English at home but I still didn't make it. It's the X-factor that you're probably missing, so perhaps you might want to look into an office job or other areas.

You can't be a stewardess for life...you'll have to do some real thinking about a stable job.
Hi pinkpluspinky,

I feel you shld give it another try, if the interviewer had already pinpointed the areas that you need to brush up on, bear it in mind when you go for the Silkair interview. You never try, you never know. Even if you do not succeed in this round, at least you have tried.

Do not be disheartened. : )

Post by Guest » Tue, 09 Aug 2005 4:53 pm

Anonymous wrote:

Hi Aure, may i noe which round did u manage get thru?

CONFIDENCE...People...

Post by CONFIDENCE...People... » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 2:38 am

Anonymous wrote:

Hey PinkPlusPinky,

Never be disheartened. If your heart say you wanna go that silkair, just go. Follow your heart. Even if the whole world thinks you're crazy, just try. Like the entry above says, never try, never know..

hey Guest, you shouldn't ask PinkPlusPinky to give up. Just because you, who was from ALL GIRLS SCHOOL and an A2 in ENGLISH didn't make it, doesn't mean people out there who barely speak fluent english can't make it too...again. I know good english is IMPORTANT but that is not the only factor they take note. My cousin's girlfriend who once barely speak simple english is already a flight attendant in SIA for more than a year. She herself couldn't get in just in one try. When she tried again and again, BOOM... off she works with SIA now..

Again... NEVER TRY, NEVER KNOW...

Have some confidence in yourself. If this is your dream, go for it. Or else your might regret it when you're older. Opportunity to be a flight attendant is once in a lifetime. You can't possible try it when you're 40 right? I know one can't be a cabin crew for life. But think it again, even a stable job like working in an office have retrenchments. Every job we have to take a risk. Go for it aite!