Singapore Expats

Rebonding Hair

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
MoNkEy

Rebonding Hair

Post by MoNkEy » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 3:43 pm

I was thinking of doing rebonding as i have quite curly hair which ppl say disgusting...but i am afraid when new hair grows out, they will be even uglier...and will rebonding ur hair once a yr damage ur hair?...and is it true that we shld wash our hair 2 days after rebonding?...

terrie

Post by terrie » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 3:45 pm

hmmm i dont think so...many of my fres have done rebonding....they say ur not suppose to wash for a week??

Post by Guest » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 3:53 pm

they say better to wait for 2 or 3 days den can wash...if not the effect will not last long...

babykasim
Chatter
Chatter

Post by babykasim » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 4:01 pm

I did rebonding twice before
when your hair starts to grow it surely looks quite bad cos the top part is wavy/curly yet the bottom part is straight.
I know that you can go back and have the top part rebonded.

I did wash my hair few days after rebonding and the rebonding lasted for more than a year.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 4:29 pm

i hope you're not doing it under peer pressure. what do you think your style should be?

my ex didn't do rebonding. i let her decide, and i love her all the same, straight or curly...
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

Post by Guest » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 4:36 pm

i m not under any pressure...juz wanted to have a new look...neater...but i scared i will regret...as i m quite satisfied wif my hair now... :?

joop
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks

Post by joop » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 6:00 pm

Anonymous wrote:i m not under any pressure...juz wanted to have a new look...neater...but i scared i will regret...as i m quite satisfied wif my hair now... :?
It would probably be the other way round, regret not doing. I don't think people actually regret rebonding after having it done, it's not like perming your hair which could change your look quite drastically.
Singapore Expats

Home | Classifieds | Condo | Forum | Property

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 6:19 pm

Anonymous wrote:i m not under any pressure...juz wanted to have a new look...neater...but i scared i will regret...as i m quite satisfied wif my hair now... :?
there, you answered your own question, dear. "quite satisfied with my hair now", why do you care what those people say about your hair being disgusting?

against all odds, i shave off all my hair, because

#1 cooler. this is the tropical weather, you know ;)
#2 less maintenance
#3 good for working out
#4 cheaper; need to shave only once in two months

it's either a convict look or a monk look. i call it my look hehe

Javier
Regular
Regular

Post by Javier » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:31 pm

riversandlakes wrote:
there, you answered your own question, dear. "quite satisfied with my hair now", why do you care what those people say about your hair being disgusting?

against all odds, i shave off all my hair, because

#1 cooler. this is the tropical weather, you know ;)
#2 less maintenance
#3 good for working out
#4 cheaper; need to shave only once in two months

it's either a convict look or a monk look. i call it my look hehe
Just curious are u male or female? :shock:
Useful webby for expats: Blog of nice things you can find in Singapore costing below $2. Updated very regularly.
http://www.cheaploh.com.sg

curly doll

Have the most grest rebonding experience

Post by curly doll » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 3:54 am

Hi! girls ,i am from Belgium ye, my singapore girlsfriends bring me to this salon in The Adelphi, at the level 3, 1 Coeman Street have my hair rebonded , look so straight and soft love them and thank you, like to share my best experience with all you girls out there.
PS : my sweden girlfriend have fantastic highlights done too.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:02 pm

last time i checked, riversandlakes is a guy... :wink:

Re: Have the most grest rebonding experience

Post by Guest » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 1:17 am

curly doll wrote:Hi! girls ,i am from Belgium ye, my singapore girlsfriends bring me to this salon in The Adelphi, at the level 3-07, 1 Coeman Street have my hair rebonded , look so straight and soft love them and thank you, like to share my best experience with all you girls out there.

apple9984

Re: Have the most grest rebonding experience

Post by apple9984 » Sun, 11 Dec 2005 11:37 pm

curly doll wrote:Hi! girls ,i am from Belgium ye, my singapore girlsfriends bring me to this salon in The Adelphi, at the level 3, 1 Coeman Street have my hair rebonded , look so straight and soft love them and thank you, like to share my best experience with all you girls out there.
Could you please let me know where the salon is? thanks

depressedwithcurls

help

Post by depressedwithcurls » Mon, 13 Feb 2006 7:54 pm

hi i hav a serious problem here
i hav natural curly hair n hav started rebonding it since about 4 yrs ago.
the effect is fantastic. i used to look really nerdy and below average but after rebonding i looked fanstastic n everyone says i'm so pretty now
not trying to show that i'm a beautiful person but just trying to illustrate the effect rebonding has had on me
thus its no wonder i got hooked onto it, u can probably guess, i've been rebonding my hair continuously for the last 4 yrs, n all i've known is i'm always worrying abt my hair, whether it has grown out, whether its ugly again. i've nv grown out of it

in fact im getting worried now bcos my hair is starting to get pretty damaged frm all the chemical rebonding effects, its like getting very frizzy and very coarse and split ends everywhere. i just wld like to noe wad u guys tink i shd do, continue to rebond...or let the curly hair grow out?

cos u noe during the period when the curly hair grows out the hair looks just so awful? any advice on wad to do? i've visited better salons like monsoon and reds and its still the same. treatment doesn't seem to make it better to. pls i'm at my wits end and really depressed by this problem.
anyone has any advice?

earthfriendly
Manager
Manager

Post by earthfriendly » Tue, 28 Feb 2006 1:12 pm

Is rebonding the same as hair straightening? I think the chemical can make some difference in limiting hair damage. Many mentioned that Japanese hair straightening is the best. It is coined such as the chemical used is made in Japan and I do not know if the process is different from regular hair straigthening.