Singapore Expats

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:00 am

vidia wrote:Sorry to miss this - Metro, thanks for sms-ing me or I would have completely forgot! I will join you for next time - enjoy, I hope it's still as good as ever!
Vidia, no worries.. there's always a next time :D
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:02 am

earth2873 wrote:Sincere Apologies...A very possible prospective maid interview is today and the timing cannot be adjusted as its a transfer maid(the agency just called). We were looking forward to coming to Annalaxmi but this appointment will not allow us more than 30 mins. Sorry again, next time !
Earth,

Hope to see you next time. :)

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 12:04 am

Hi Megha & Hubby, Guru,

It was very nice meeting you all. Hope you had a good time.

Hi Ind Babe, Psy&Aqua, Indi&Sab,

as good as ever :wink:

Have fun.

Aquarian
Regular
Regular

Post by Aquarian » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 9:19 am

hi guys
Had a good time yesterday. It was nice meeting ind babe, guru, meghna, hubby, sweet little ones.

sab,indbabe: enjoyed watching sarkar. yeah i liked that "Silver mani" character.

oh, that chat session in bombay cafe was too good. won't really mind going there one more time, but only thinking of that 5 min travel from bedok, as per metro :lol:

had a great time 8)

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 9:36 am

Aquarian wrote: yeah i liked that "Silver mani" character.
Yeah, Silver Mani character was fantastic :wink:

Anish & Megha

Post by Anish & Megha » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 11:09 am

Hey guys, it was nice meeting u all.
Metroguy, thanks for the wm...very sweet of u,

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 11:20 am

Anish & Megha wrote:Metroguy, thanks for the wm...very sweet of u,
my pleasure :)

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sabrina77 » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 3:35 pm

Hi there,

Had a fabulous time yesterday ! Was great catching up with the "regulars" and good to finally meet the new ones. ! :wink: Enjoyed having the little Diva around too....!

Thanks Metro for arranging the lunch and also for your quick thinking in getting all us ladies to go watch Sarkar, while you guys had your own little fun !!!! :wink: Can't say about you guys, but we ladies for sure enjoyed the movie !!!! :lol: :lol: what say Aqua & Ind Babe????

So, until the next time, take care and have a good holiday tomorrow !!!!

earth2873

hi there

Post by earth2873 » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 6:13 pm

Feel bad that i missed it.Even my maid thing didn't work out.will surely make it next time

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 7:31 pm

sabrina77 wrote:Hi there,

Thanks Metro for arranging the lunch and also for your quick thinking in getting all us ladies to go watch Sarkar, while you guys had your own little fun !!!! :wink: Can't say about you guys, but we ladies for sure enjoyed the movie !!!! :lol: :lol: what say Aqua & Ind Babe????

So, until the next time, take care and have a good holiday tomorrow !!!!
Anytime :D

btw, what little fun? we were sitting right next to you, just in another building :wink:

Happy Birthday Singapore!!!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 10:07 pm

So, the girls managed to watch Sarkar. And, the guys played truant again? Tsk, tsk...

Everyone all set to watch 'Mangal Pandey'? Releases in India on 15th Aug, should be released in Singapore soon enough. How was the food in Annalakshmi? I guess I'll have to go on my own now, been planning forever.
Just to make you guys drool, I had an elaborate Bong lunch yesterday consisting of Dal, gobhi mattar, Parwal made with posto and mustard paste, chicken dry, chicken curry, fish cooked in yogurt, prawn curry and rice! Followed by mishthi which I skipped. Suffice to say, I was incapable of any thought process for the next one hour. Afternoon siesta became imperative!! :D
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Post by Guest » Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:06 am

Ok, Sapphire, enough already.......anyway, good to know that you're enjoying yourself.

Yeah...mangal Pandey is realasing here this Friday (12th) nad looking forward to that one...this one I'm sure even the guys won't miss !!

Post by Guest » Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:24 am

oops...the above post was by me - Sabrina

psychedelic
Regular
Regular

Post by psychedelic » Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:47 am

Anonymous wrote:Ok, Sapphire, enough already.......anyway, good to know that you're enjoying yourself.

Yeah...mangal Pandey is realasing here this Friday (12th) nad looking forward to that one...this one I'm sure even the guys won't miss !!
Hmmm... :wink:

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Post by guruvishwanath » Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:05 am

Very nice meeting all of you. Metroguy! mate! your stories cracked me up even now when I recall the conversation. The gathering should happen more often.

I got some information on Girish Karnad coming to town. If anyone is keen, I will send out the flyer that I got. Looks to be fun!

Sabrina! I really cant answer why I am digressing from Mahabharatha to Dashavatara! But since Krishna incarnation is one of the avatara's, I might just cover the principle timelines for e.g. the banishing of pandava's after the dice game. the year of incognito living and finally the battle at Kurukshetra and the Gitopadesham!

I would certainly like inputs on the structure as I am new to this style of descriptive writing.