Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M

Post by M » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 9:46 pm

tinkerbelle wrote:
M wrote:
Anonymous wrote:My God! The last round is suc a killer!!

M, dun be too upset! Will u try again? Now that u have more or less learnt something? U r gd that u made it to the last interview? Did u attend the tea party?
Upset and probably sour initially. I was so near and yet so far but I guess it was a good learning experience. How was it like to be waiting for close to a month, and having to attend 3 mind bobbling interviews, and to be chopped at the last stage. :evil:

But thought it was good so I can concentrate on my banking career. I probably will try again but doubt so cause I'm already 26 this year. Wouldn't make sense for me to fly till 28/29.

Goodluck to all and silly, enjoy your training. :D
Hey.. chin up.. you'll make it someday..

Tell us wat happened, in details.. if u want of because.. den prob we can all rack our brains to see where u did wrong.. afterall interviews are all about saying the rite things at the rite time. :)
Hey, im good!! :wink: Just thinking that I'm not fated at that point of time. They drilled some difficult questions about my previous jobs placements, duties etc. Educations, hobbies and sports. Not forgetting family?

And they also asked about my national service. Because I was downgraded of my back problem, I do not know if they take that into consideration. They did ask if I've recovered from it and had any form of medical consultation for it. I think they meant x-ray etc?

Guess it isn't time and might try for the final time, just might. Anyway goodluck to all the girls in here, all the best to your dreams!! :wink:

Post by Guest » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 10:31 pm

Anyone knows how long it takes SQ to contact you after you go for medical test?

Anyone starting training soon? What date?

Thank you for sharing!! :)

Toori

Re: How .....?

Post by Toori » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 10:34 pm

Hi Rosey,

I know we could not blame anyone except ourselves for not impressing them enough. However, i personally felt that they gave me (as a candidate) an very "cold"/high & mighty feeling. They kind of have the mentality, fewer candidates = my selections are strict.

On the other hand, have they ever thought what is the best interview style to discover a Talent? Is the traditional "hard" interview style the best way of evaluating an individual's strength & potential? Will the organization, SIA be missing out the good ones??

Anyway, i just want to share my view, no hard feelings &.... well, they call the shots, hahaha... So we just gotta try again & get ourselves better prepared the next time! :wink:
Rosey wrote:
Toori wrote:Hi Rosey,

Guess we met the same group of interviewers. Hmm, if i'm not wrong 2 gals & 1 guy right??

Rosey wrote:Hello all ,
Anyone can tell me what to say during the first round of interviews that can impress the 3 interviewers so that I can pass through to the 2nd round ?? Seems like they got 3 non-cabin crew to conduct the interviews this round . (They look like they work in the office type) Yup , they got poker face (no expression) and don't seem interested or talk much . So sad . My group only 1 got through to the second round . They asked us to say something interesting about ourselves , our hobbies etc but they don't want to hear things like itz our childhood dream to be a Singapore Girl as it bores them . Quite mean rite ? What do they exactly want to hear ? Anyone who got through , or any existing cabin crew please advice . Thank U .
:shock:
Hi Toori ,
Ya ya !! That 3 !!

Toori

Post by Toori » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 10:56 pm

Hi M,

I understandy why Rosey commented the 3 interviewers as no expression & don't seem to be interested, cos i tried making eye contact with them (well, we cant be waiting for them to make eye contact with us), but they just turn away, still staying expressionless.... Even when u're responding to their questions. This is what really surprise me! :?
M wrote:
Anyone can tell me what to say during the first round of interviews that can impress the 3 interviewers so that I can pass through to the 2nd round ?? Seems like they got 3 non-cabin crew to conduct the interviews this round . (They look like they work in the office type) Yup , they got poker face (no expression) and don't seem interested or talk much . So sad . My group only 1 got through to the second round . They asked us to say something interesting about ourselves , our hobbies etc but they don't want to hear things like itz our childhood dream to be a Singapore Girl as it bores them . Quite mean rite ? What do they exactly want to hear ? Anyone who got through , or any existing cabin crew please advice . Thank U .
Interesting fact is they are not making eye contact with you when you speak I reckon? There isn't much tip in this round. Just be yourself, commit yourself when speaking and attempt to make eye contact with them. Try not to drag your conversation for too long as they have heard introductions, favourite tele programs and etc thousand and one time. When you're done, maintain interest when the rest are speaking. It helps. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post by Guest » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 11:39 pm

Hi Rosey! How is the girl who got into round 2? Tall, pretty, well-spoken and manage to impress with some stories? *Curious* Thx for sharing!

B.B

Silkair Interview

Post by B.B » Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:23 am

Anyone got invitation from silkair??
Their recruitment is still on-going in its website.
I've submitted my application about 2mths ago... guess I wasnt shortlisted :(

Post by Guest » Tue, 02 Aug 2005 1:27 pm

Good news... Yest all the girls got in for the last 2 rounds... SO it goes to show that there is no fixed no. of girls they select each time!

Hopeless

Post by Hopeless » Tue, 02 Aug 2005 2:22 pm

M wrote:
tinkerbelle wrote:
M wrote: Upset and probably sour initially. I was so near and yet so far but I guess it was a good learning experience. How was it like to be waiting for close to a month, and having to attend 3 mind bobbling interviews, and to be chopped at the last stage. :evil:

But thought it was good so I can concentrate on my banking career. I probably will try again but doubt so cause I'm already 26 this year. Wouldn't make sense for me to fly till 28/29.

Goodluck to all and silly, enjoy your training. :D
Hey.. chin up.. you'll make it someday..

Tell us wat happened, in details.. if u want of because.. den prob we can all rack our brains to see where u did wrong.. afterall interviews are all about saying the rite things at the rite time. :)
Hey, im good!! :wink: Just thinking that I'm not fated at that point of time. They drilled some difficult questions about my previous jobs placements, duties etc. Educations, hobbies and sports. Not forgetting family?

And they also asked about my national service. Because I was downgraded of my back problem, I do not know if they take that into consideration. They did ask if I've recovered from it and had any form of medical consultation for it. I think they meant x-ray etc?

Guess it isn't time and might try for the final time, just might. Anyway goodluck to all the girls in here, all the best to your dreams!! :wink:
Hi M,

hmm...i thnk the reason why they did not shortlist u is bcoz of ur back problem... Coz most cabin crew often suffer from back problems; probably they dun wan ppl with a history of back problem...?

Nevertheless, just try again if u have the chance ya... :o

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Tue, 02 Aug 2005 2:44 pm

Hopeless wrote:
M wrote:
tinkerbelle wrote: Hey.. chin up.. you'll make it someday..

Hi M,

hmm...i thnk the reason why they did not shortlist u is bcoz of ur back problem... because most cabin crew often suffer from back problems; probably they dun wan ppl with a history of back problem...?

Nevertheless, just try again if u have the chance ya... :o
I think so too.. No, im sure. You mite need some official, written medical dox from a doc to say that you're ok now.

Post by Guest » Tue, 02 Aug 2005 4:06 pm

I missed the interview on Saturday (Emirates), how was the interview going on?

Any Tips or sharing on what you gals had that day?

There is another interview on coming Monday, not sure if it is open to public or those who gotten their call only.

Angelynn_belle

Post by Angelynn_belle » Tue, 02 Aug 2005 7:23 pm

Anonymous wrote:I missed the interview on Saturday (Emirates), how was the interview going on?

Any Tips or sharing on what you gals had that day?

There is another interview on coming Monday, not sure if it is open to public or those who gotten their call only.
i think they will be coming back on sept. hopefully i'll be free to attend. oso, i'll go this time even i can't reach the mark :roll:

Rosey

Post by Rosey » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 5:52 am

I know we could not blame anyone except ourselves for not impressing them enough. However, i personally felt that they gave me (as a candidate) an very "cold"/high & mighty feeling. They kind of have the mentality, fewer candidates = my selections are strict.

On the other hand, have they ever thought what is the best interview style to discover a Talent? Is the traditional "hard" interview style the best way of evaluating an individual's strength & potential? Will the organization, SIA be missing out the good ones??

Anyway, i just want to share my view, no hard feelings &.... well, they call the shots, hahaha... So we just gotta try again & get ourselves better prepared the next time! :wink:
Rosey wrote:

Guess we met the same group of interviewers. Hmm, if i'm not wrong 2 gals & 1 guy right??

Hi Toori ,
Ya ya !! That 3 !!
Hi hi Toori ,
Hmmm .... I guess so . Will probably try again the next round . Or am I just not good enough ? Sighzz , dunno leh . :p
Wish I could open the skulls of the 3 interviewers and see what they're thinking . Hehehehe .
But gotta say this round's interview process was much smoother than the last time I went . (last year ?) At least things were kindda speedy rite ? Last year , I had to wait 2 hours (!!) for my turn at the introductions .
Amazingly , both times , I was working afternoon shift , so gotta go to work after being 'chopped' . Hahaha .
Hey Toori , how old are U and what do U do ? Kaypoh me . :p

Post by Guest » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 5:59 am

Anonymous wrote:Hi Rosey! How is the girl who got into round 2? Tall, pretty, well-spoken and manage to impress with some stories? *Curious* Thx for sharing!

Hi Guest ,
Nope , the gal who got in wasn't tall , nor pretty . Just passable . Okay at speaking .
But I think what 'impressed' them was (if I didn't remember the wrong gal) that she's some NTU grad , who was active in hosting programmes at school . Example she gave was a programme like " Jue Dui Superstar" . Hahahah . Something like that lah . :D She also said something like she understand the importance of teamwork and hope SIA would give her a chance to work for them etc etc ...

idlyllic

Post by idlyllic » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:40 pm

can we just send our application to SIA even when they are not recruiting now?
:lol:

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:49 pm

idlyllic wrote:can we just send our application to SIA even when they are not recruiting now?
:lol:
Why not? :)