Singapore Expats Forum

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
M

Post by M » Sun, 31 Jul 2005 4:58 pm

Anonymous wrote:My God! The last round is suc a killer!!

M, dun be too upset! Will u try again? Now that u have more or less learnt something? U r gd that u made it to the last interview? Did u attend the tea party?
Upset and probably sour initially. I was so near and yet so far but I guess it was a good learning experience. How was it like to be waiting for close to a month, and having to attend 3 mind bobbling interviews, and to be chopped at the last stage. :evil:

But thought it was good so I can concentrate on my banking career. I probably will try again but doubt so cause I'm already 26 this year. Wouldn't make sense for me to fly till 28/29.

Goodluck to all and silly, enjoy your training. :D

M

Post by M » Sun, 31 Jul 2005 4:59 pm

Anonymous wrote:My God! The last round is suc a killer!!

M, dun be too upset! Will u try again? Now that u have more or less learnt something? U r gd that u made it to the last interview? Did u attend the tea party?
Upset and probably sour initially. I was so near and yet so far but I guess it was a good learning experience. How was it like to be waiting for close to a month, and having to attend 3 mind bobbling interviews, and to be chopped at the last stage. :evil:

But thought it was good so I can concentrate on my banking career. I probably will try again but doubt so cause I'm already 26 this year. Wouldn't make sense for me to fly till 28/29.

Goodluck to all and silly, enjoy your training. :D

Toori

The interviews...

Post by Toori » Sun, 31 Jul 2005 9:48 pm

Hi,

As for SIA, i think i was really tense up (i was the 1st one) & didnt really put my self-intro across nicely.. & (frm my personal perspective) the grp of interviewers was kind of, hmm... looked "tough". They didnt even bother to have eye contact with you... That was a very different approach compare to the previous SIA interview i went thrgh. I guess luck do plays a part too. Well i believe that different interviewer do have different style, so i guess i couldnt blame on anything except myself, for not being able to do well :?

As for Emirates... Wow, if you've been to both, i believe you'll be able to tell the difference between the 2 airlines' interview style. They are really good at making you comfortable so as to allow you to bring out the best of urself. Only one interviewer to 10 candidates Vs (SIA) 3 interviewers to 10 candidates. What i could say is that the gentleman (VP), he is really professional.

Questions asked by Emirates are like "Imagine you are one of the representative of United Nations, what do you think are the problems that the world is facing now." Heard from other girls, previously asked questions are like "If Singapore were to have an integrated resort, what do you think the pros & cons would be?". Sounds like beauty pageant questions right?? Haha.. I was in cold sweat when prompted the question.. After which, i found out that the interviewer, during the first round, will be evaluating more on your body language.

Hope the infomation above helps & i'll be working hard for my next round. Cheers! :)

Toori

Re: The interviews...

Post by Toori » Sun, 31 Jul 2005 9:56 pm

Oh ya, today i attended the briefing conducted by Emirates for shortlisted candidates. They really share alot of useful information, guiding us what to expected for the following interviews.

However, from the briefing, it seems like their interview process are alot lot more complex than SQ... Other than normal inteviews, you'll be given English test on your Vocabulary, Comprehension & Composition :o

BenQ

Post by BenQ » Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:12 pm

Toori for today's briefing for shortlisted candidates - Are there any guys present?

Toori

Post by Toori » Sun, 31 Jul 2005 11:50 pm

Hi BenQ,

I believe there are no guys in today's briefing as the openings for this recruitment are open only for females.

Guys whom went yesterday basically just filled up the application form and submit their documents. Guess they're on the waiting list; should there be an opening for Flight Stewards :)
BenQ wrote:Toori for today's briefing for shortlisted candidates - Are there any guys present?

Hopeless

Re: The interviews...

Post by Hopeless » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 8:44 am

Toori wrote:Hi,

As for SIA, i think i was really tense up (i was the 1st one) & didnt really put my self-intro across nicely.. & (frm my personal perspective) the grp of interviewers was kind of, hmm... looked "tough". They didnt even bother to have eye contact with you... That was a very different approach compare to the previous SIA interview i went thrgh. I guess luck do plays a part too. Well i believe that different interviewer do have different style, so i guess i couldnt blame on anything except myself, for not being able to do well :?

As for Emirates... Wow, if you've been to both, i believe you'll be able to tell the difference between the 2 airlines' interview style. They are really good at making you comfortable so as to allow you to bring out the best of urself. Only one interviewer to 10 candidates Vs (SIA) 3 interviewers to 10 candidates. What i could say is that the gentleman (VP), he is really professional.

Questions asked by Emirates are like "Imagine you are one of the representative of United Nations, what do you think are the problems that the world is facing now." Heard from other girls, previously asked questions are like "If Singapore were to have an integrated resort, what do you think the pros & cons would be?". Sounds like beauty pageant questions right?? Haha.. I was in cold sweat when prompted the question.. After which, i found out that the interviewer, during the first round, will be evaluating more on your body language.

Hope the infomation above helps & i'll be working hard for my next round. Cheers! :)
Hi Toori,

Wow the Emirates interview questions are really not easy ya! Imagine those who are not aware of current affairs... haha!

So when is ur 2nd round of interview? Its gonna be more challenging.... give ur best ya! :)

FAwannabe

Re: Counting down.. ONE more day

Post by FAwannabe » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 10:13 am

eliza wrote:
Rosey wrote:
FAwannabe wrote: Too old? How old are you? :)
26 years old
hi Rosey,

26 is not old... =) there girls who are 26,27,28,29 who are recruited by SIA as trainees, so u are not old. don't worry, as long as u are under 30, u still can apply to be a stewardess. :)
Yea man.. im 27 already and im still trying... hahaha

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 12:21 pm

M wrote:
Anonymous wrote:My God! The last round is suc a killer!!

M, dun be too upset! Will u try again? Now that u have more or less learnt something? U r gd that u made it to the last interview? Did u attend the tea party?
Upset and probably sour initially. I was so near and yet so far but I guess it was a good learning experience. How was it like to be waiting for close to a month, and having to attend 3 mind bobbling interviews, and to be chopped at the last stage. :evil:

But thought it was good so I can concentrate on my banking career. I probably will try again but doubt so cause I'm already 26 this year. Wouldn't make sense for me to fly till 28/29.

Goodluck to all and silly, enjoy your training. :D
Hey.. chin up.. you'll make it someday..

Tell us wat happened, in details.. if u want of cos.. den prob we can all rack our brains to see where u did wrong.. afterall interviews are all about saying the rite things at the rite time. :)

MCS

Post by MCS » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 1:58 pm

May i ask what are the medical checks we have to go through ?

Guest

Post by Guest » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 5:10 pm

Hi MCS,

Simple tests like Height, Weight, Colour, Eye, Blood Pressure, Chest Xray.

I suppose You went for today's mgt interview & tea party? Congrats! :)

Rosey

How .....?

Post by Rosey » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 5:37 pm

Hello all ,
Anyone can tell me what to say during the first round of interviews that can impress the 3 interviewers so that I can pass through to the 2nd round ?? Seems like they got 3 non-cabin crew to conduct the interviews this round . (They look like they work in the office type) Yup , they got poker face (no expression) and don't seem interested or talk much . So sad . My group only 1 got through to the second round . They asked us to say something interesting about ourselves , our hobbies etc but they don't want to hear things like itz our childhood dream to be a Singapore Girl as it bores them . Quite mean rite ? What do they exactly want to hear ? Anyone who got through , or any existing cabin crew please advice . Thank U .
:shock:

Toori

Re: How .....?

Post by Toori » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 6:39 pm

Hi Rosey,

Guess we met the same group of interviewers. Hmm, if i'm not wrong 2 gals & 1 guy right??

Rosey wrote:Hello all ,
Anyone can tell me what to say during the first round of interviews that can impress the 3 interviewers so that I can pass through to the 2nd round ?? Seems like they got 3 non-cabin crew to conduct the interviews this round . (They look like they work in the office type) Yup , they got poker face (no expression) and don't seem interested or talk much . So sad . My group only 1 got through to the second round . They asked us to say something interesting about ourselves , our hobbies etc but they don't want to hear things like itz our childhood dream to be a Singapore Girl as it bores them . Quite mean rite ? What do they exactly want to hear ? Anyone who got through , or any existing cabin crew please advice . Thank U .
:shock:

Rosey

Re: How .....?

Post by Rosey » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 7:00 pm

Toori wrote:Hi Rosey,

Guess we met the same group of interviewers. Hmm, if i'm not wrong 2 gals & 1 guy right??

Rosey wrote:Hello all ,
Anyone can tell me what to say during the first round of interviews that can impress the 3 interviewers so that I can pass through to the 2nd round ?? Seems like they got 3 non-cabin crew to conduct the interviews this round . (They look like they work in the office type) Yup , they got poker face (no expression) and don't seem interested or talk much . So sad . My group only 1 got through to the second round . They asked us to say something interesting about ourselves , our hobbies etc but they don't want to hear things like itz our childhood dream to be a Singapore Girl as it bores them . Quite mean rite ? What do they exactly want to hear ? Anyone who got through , or any existing cabin crew please advice . Thank U .
:shock:
Hi Toori ,
Ya ya !! That 3 !!

M

Re: How .....?

Post by M » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 9:30 pm

Rosey wrote:Hello all ,
Anyone can tell me what to say during the first round of interviews that can impress the 3 interviewers so that I can pass through to the 2nd round ?? Seems like they got 3 non-cabin crew to conduct the interviews this round . (They look like they work in the office type) Yup , they got poker face (no expression) and don't seem interested or talk much . So sad . My group only 1 got through to the second round . They asked us to say something interesting about ourselves , our hobbies etc but they don't want to hear things like itz our childhood dream to be a Singapore Girl as it bores them . Quite mean rite ? What do they exactly want to hear ? Anyone who got through , or any existing cabin crew please advice . Thank U .
:shock:
Interesting fact is they are not making eye contact with you when you speak I reckon? There isn't much tip in this round. Just be yourself, commit yourself when speaking and attempt to make eye contact with them. Try not to drag your conversation for too long as they have heard introductions, favourite tele programs and etc thousand and one time. When you're done, maintain interest when the rest are speaking. It helps. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post Reply


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests