Singapore Expats

Plastic and cosmetic surgery abroad

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.

computer imaging

Post by Guest » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 5:29 am

does anyone know any doctors in singapore who does computer imaging?

boooo

Post by boooo » Mon, 01 Aug 2005 9:36 pm

i had my consultation with dr huang today.
it seems like my nose have to undergo open rhinoplasty, alar cartilage modification, hump reduction, implant augmentation and an alar wedge.. what i thought would be a simple operation turns out to be rather complex. operation fee would amount to SGD 14,000.
my consultation lasted for about 30min, fee was $150.

if i had the money, i would have booked date of operation with him right on the spot (:

im just sharing an experience :)
im probably consulting other doctors before i make my decision..

Post by Guest » Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:40 am

boooo wrote:i had my consultation with dr huang today.
it seems like my nose have to undergo open rhinoplasty, alar cartilage modification, hump reduction, implant augmentation and an alar wedge.. what i thought would be a simple operation turns out to be rather complex. operation fee would amount to SGD 14,000.
my consultation lasted for about 30min, fee was $150.

if i had the money, i would have booked date of operation with him right on the spot (:

im just sharing an experience :)
im probably consulting other doctors before i make my decision..
perhaps u would like to join a group of us going to BKK for our surgery?

FEL002

GET SOME HELP

Post by FEL002 » Tue, 02 Aug 2005 9:27 pm

Guest, where are you going in thailand? Can i come, hich clinic is the best to go for a corrective? Mine was so badly done. PLease dont go to malaysia. I went there before. I think you all should go to woffles if u have the money. I would have to wait till i strike lottery.

fel :oops:

boooo

Post by boooo » Tue, 02 Aug 2005 9:47 pm

FEL002 - how old are you? u wanna go together?

FEL002

woffles

Post by FEL002 » Tue, 02 Aug 2005 9:50 pm

do u think woffles is a good idea? I heard about him and he is one of the best plastic surgeons in the world. If only he would settle for less and reduce then we would all die happily contented. The problem with him is that he doesnt settle.
I would like to hear from your comments. I need to implent my eyelid. It is a f@#%ing disaster done badly in JB. Say no to malaysia clinics! :(

FEL002

sure

Post by FEL002 » Tue, 02 Aug 2005 9:53 pm

boooo wrote:FEL002 - how old are you? u want to go together?
why not?Well, let me save up first. I just spend nearly $2k o my eyelids! I am 24. I am so disapponted in my post op results. Nothing significant.

Post by Guest » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 1:00 am

Woffles & Huang, are they good or overrated? Y do they need constant exposure in the media, do they need the publicity. if they can survive on word of mouth results? i tink woffles have a marketing team. :shock:

medictbp
Regular
Regular

To :: Guest above.

Post by medictbp » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 2:33 am

:D I agree <with the 'Guest' above my message>; but they're good physicians, no doubt. Appearing in the media, is going to help to them have a reputation & solidy their name on people's mind. I would rate Dr. Vincent Yeow to be as good as well, he is from SGH.

*Personal opinion* Plastic surgeons have specialty, they're particularly good in some procedures; weaker in some others, Woffles & Huang is more on general cosmetic. While Dr. Vincent is better in complicated cases on facial work, like jaws contouring, nosejobs - i would expect him to be weaker on procedures like Liposuction etc. *Personal opinion*

Some little informations on cosmetic surgery abroad - Bumrungrad hospital, Bangkok Hospital, PAI; you're having the surgery done abit expensive there. You should do more research, and prob. u can have excellent surgery by the same doctor @ at a 30-40% discount. Or senior doctors, who're still at a price lower.

But some of the famous hospital/ surgeons/ medical provider does way too much publicity to be credible. (In all countries) So i agree with u.

Recently i was talking to a few people, who is keen on some of the medical providers that i don't quite recommend.

I *cannot* disclose on this particular hospital's name, because i'm worried of law suit; but it's way too famous, if u're considering cosmetic surgery in Thailand. - You should skip this particular hospital, whose website is filled with plastic surgery procedures & aesthetic surgeries. - They have nothing to scream about, on their other departments. :lol:

So, to maintain a lucrative business or for it's survival, they have to target international patients - it's a pay-for-the-plastic-surgery-and-byebye-hospital.

It has a horrible reputation of an alarming rate, of 'doctors not here anymore', 'corrective surgery' & 'no response to post-op patient's questions'.

Bumrungrad, Bangkok Hospitals, PAI are still a better choice; although slightly expensive. But, they have some citeria for the physicians who want to have the prestigious attachment with them. (Like 8 years of experience etc.) So doctors on their list, 're rated good; w/o much doubt.

In a way, Thailand/ Korean/ China surgeons 're more experienced than Singapore surgeons. :D A typical thai plastic surgeon, do about double the amount of patient most singaporean plastic surgeon do.

Some doctors, work 7Days a week; as long u make an appointment - they'll be there. -> Preecha, Sanguan.

Sincerest regards,

benefit

Post by benefit » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 9:19 am

hi
anyone had eye bag removal surgery? can they share their experience?
would be much appreciated.
cheers

KAYZY_S15

Post by KAYZY_S15 » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 8:45 pm

My mum had that done. Turn out great. She's really happy with it. She got that done in Thailland. Upper lid and got bags taken out.
benefit wrote:hi
anyone had eye bag removal surgery? can they share their experience?
would be much appreciated.
cheers

KAYZY_S15

Re: To :: Guest above.

Post by KAYZY_S15 » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 9:08 pm

How do u know so much about hospital in Thailand? I'm thinking of getting Breast Augmentation done by Dr. Amorn Poomee at Bumrungrad. He has done 2,000 Breast Augmentations and over 28 years of experience?

Do u know much about it or know someone who actully had Breast Augmentation done by him please share your info... :D

Thanks
medictbp wrote::D In a way, Thailand/ Korean/ China surgeons 're more experienced than Singapore surgeons. :D A typical thai plastic surgeon, do about double the amount of patient most singaporean plastic surgeon do.

Some doctors, work 7Days a week; as long u make an appointment - they'll be there. -> Preecha, Sanguan.

Sincerest regards,

medictbp
Regular
Regular

To :: KAYZY_S15

Post by medictbp » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 9:26 pm

I'm a medical agent, i know more on the Thai medical providers.

In Dr. Amorn case, hmmm; i challenge u to ask the rates. Than come to me, you can compare if the price differs. :D

benefit

Post by benefit » Wed, 03 Aug 2005 10:39 pm

hey KAYZY_S15our reply

Thanks for your reply :)

Can you please tell me which hosptial she went to?
is it Yanhee?
and is it possible to recommend me the doctor that attended to your mum?
Also did she do the external incision (from under the eyelid) or internal one (on the surface of the eye lid)?

Cheers

Re: To :: Guest above.

Post by Guest » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 8:38 am

="KAYZY_S15"], If you went into the Bumrungrad Hospital website, you can ask for a quote. They're pretty prompt in their reply. You've got to book early though. I've made an appointment for my tummy tuck with Amorn poomee in Nov. I initially wanted to do it in Aug but he was fully booked. It may be a little bit more expensive than Gorgeous Getaways that I initially wanted to go with but what I save in accomodation ( the hospital has Service Apartments) in Thailand makes up for the difference I have to pay. I'd rather pay more for medical services than fancy hotel.

[quote="KAYZY_S15"]How do u know so much about hospital in Thailand? I'm thinking of getting Breast Augmentation done by Dr. Amorn Poomee at Bumrungrad. He has done 2,000 Breast Augmentations and over 28 years of experience?

Do u know much about it or know someone who actully had Breast Augmentation done by him please share your info... :D

Thanks