Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 2:15 pm

purple1986 wrote:i got a friend who wanted to become a cabin crew. but she got a D7 in english for her 'O' levels can she still apply? she is currently studying in poly in Year 2...but she can speak/write Japanese as an additional language...does she still stands a chance for getting shortlisted?
Mmm... Sounds like my case.. :roll: Keke... With perseverance, i believe our dream will come true one day.. Jia You!!! :D

zenichii

Post by zenichii » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 2:19 pm

Hi Ares n Michiko,

Do u guys think meeting up earlier b4 we go is better? u guys can add me to msn at [email protected] but i only online during office hour..hehe..

Zen

Tori

Disappointed

Post by Tori » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 4:46 pm

Hi Paige,

Am really disappointed... Till now, not a single email from SIA for this wkends' interview. Sigh.......... :cry:

Did u resend ur application to them??

Hopeless

Re: Disappointed

Post by Hopeless » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 4:53 pm

Tori wrote:Hi Paige,

Am really disappointed... Till now, not a single email from SIA for this wkends' interview. Sigh.......... :cry:

Hi Tori,

i din receive any news from SQ also.... guess will have to try again next time... :(

sad girl

Post by sad girl » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 5:19 pm

I really dunno wat should do now. Me too. I did not receive anything from them SIA. How? :cry: so sad and disappointed.

:cry:

Hopeless wrote:

Hi Tori,

i din receive any news from SQ also.... guess will have to try again next time... :(

Paige

Post by Paige » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 6:46 pm

Hi Tori, I'm also disappointed and happy today.. Disappointed because I oso didnt receive any email from SQ, happy is dat I passed my driving test in the 1st attempt!! :)
Well, I didn't resend my application.. Did you? I thought of only sending in the next time they recruit again.. :wink:

silly

Post by silly » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 9:35 pm

tori, paige, and whoever who hafnt received invites for this weekend,

Trust me on this. I received mine on a Thursday, to go for interview on a Sunday. I would really say watch out for tom, and only if dont receive tom, then maybe realistically, then really no hope for this round.

Tori

Counting down.. ONE more day

Post by Tori » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:02 pm

Firstly.... Congrats to Paige!! Hopefully another gd news will come along tom, lets keep our finger crossed :wink:

Thanks silly too, always keeping us positive. So gals, we got ONE more day of hope, hee... :lol:

Worse come to worse, we'll send in for next recruitment again, but guess we have to do it very very early the next round :)

silly wrote:tori, paige, and whoever who hafnt received invites for this weekend,

Trust me on this. I received mine on a Thursday, to go for interview on a Sunday. I would really say watch out for tom, and only if dont receive tom, then maybe realistically, then really no hope for this round.

Rosey

Re: Counting down.. ONE more day

Post by Rosey » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 10:51 pm

Tori wrote:Firstly.... Congrats to Paige!! Hopefully another gd news will come along tom, lets keep our finger crossed :wink:

Thanks silly too, always keeping us positive. So gals, we got ONE more day of hope, hee... :lol:

Worse come to worse, we'll send in for next recruitment again, but guess we have to do it very very early the next round :)

silly wrote:tori, paige, and whoever who hafnt received invites for this weekend,

Hi all ,
Very interesting info posted here .
Juz wan to share wif everyone . Dun give up hope . Try your best and good luck .
I received an invitation for the interview for this Saturday 30/07/2005 at 10 40hrs . Timing kindda inconvenient as I need to rush off to work after the interview . On afternoon shift that day . Yikes !! Still thinking whether to go or not .
Anyway , kindda caught off guard . Sent in my application during the June advertisements . Thought my chances are over as the interviews were scheduled for 2nd & 3rd July . Didn't receive any invitations then . Thought have to apply again the next round . Sekali , last week , was surprised to find the invitation for this week in my e-mail . Haha ! Suspect I'll be joining the group of Malaysian applicants as SQ had a Malaysian recruitment recently .
So I think SQ can just bomb U with an invitation anytime as they carry out interviews all the time due to the recruitment for different nationalities . Or maybe they couldn't find the ideal people they are looking for in the initial interviews , so they decided to extend their 'search' to those who haven't been invited .
Whatever the case , I wish goodluck and all the best to everyone who's trying out for the job or intending to try for it . May U snag the job of our dreams .
P/s : Dun think I'll get far in the interviews lah . Small panda eyes , big sized , too old , yucky skin , can't talk , don't know how to dress properly ....etc....Hahaha ! But juz for the experience . If can get through , means the pigs can fly . But at least next time when I'm old and looking back , don't need to say "I wish I had tried."
Once again , GOODLUCK to all !!
Cheers!

Post by Guest » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 2:22 pm

silly wrote:Hi hi M

1) last week 12 out of how many? (so we get the ratio)

2) during final mgtm interview & tea recep i went last thurs, lady mentioned SIA is recruiting more guys than gals. so not to worry, ratio for guys is likely much higher.

take care
silly, i reckon u were 1 of the 4 who got in last thur? Ani tips to share? Do they kick pple out after the mgmt interview or after the tea party? Thx!

Paige

Post by Paige » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 6:57 pm

Tori wrote:Firstly.... Congrats to Paige!! Hopefully another gd news will come along tom, lets keep our finger crossed :wink:

Hi Tori,

Guess we have to apply for the next recruitment liao.. Up till today, I haven't receive any email from SIA, so i guess no chance liao..
We try again next time k?
Cheers! :wink:

Post by Guest » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 7:40 pm

Anonymous wrote:

2) during final mgtm interview & tea recep i went last thurs, lady mentioned SIA is recruiting more guys than gals. so not to worry, ratio for guys is likely much higher.

take care
silly, i reckon u were 1 of the 4 who got in last thur? Ani tips to share? Do they kick pple out after the mgmt interview or after the tea party? Thx!
Hello Guest! You going for the 1 Aug round is it? No problem we can chat! Email me at [email protected] then we can exchange numbers?

Yes I was one of the four who got in last Thurs. Both the mgtm interview and tea party also got elimination. six left after mgtm interview, four left after tea recep.

Toori

Post by Toori » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 8:34 pm

Yes Paige... We got to try again the next round. Let's keep each other posted for future openings :)

(P/S: Sad & disappointed thgh...)
Paige wrote:

Hi Tori,

Guess we have to apply for the next recruitment already.. Up till today, I haven't receive any email from SIA, so i guess no chance already..

M

Post by M » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:28 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

take care
Hello Guest! You going for the 1 Aug round is it? No problem we can chat! Email me at [email protected] then we can exchange numbers?

Yes I was one of the four who got in last Thurs. Both the mgtm interview and tea party also got elimination. six left after mgtm interview, four left after tea recep.
Stressed. D Day is tomorrow. Shop shop, apologies. Many occassions, you have messaged me but I was at work!! :wink:

Paige

Post by Paige » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:11 pm

Toori wrote:Yes Paige... We got to try again the next round. Let's keep each other posted for future openings :)

(P/S: Sad & disappointed thgh...)
Paige wrote:

Hi Tori,

Guess we have to apply for the next recruitment already.. Up till today, I haven't receive any email from SIA, so i guess no chance already..
Hihi Tori,

Will you be going to the emirates walk-in interview this saturday? I dun tink im goin.. u?? Can I have ur email add?

Stay in contact!
Paige :wink: