Singapore Expats

How to reject a suitor

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
girl

How to reject a suitor

Post by girl » Mon, 25 Jul 2005 9:43 pm

This guy has been bothering me for a long time. He has been inviting me out many times and I have rejected him. He don't seem to get the message. What should I do?? Pls help me!!!

Post by Guest » Mon, 25 Jul 2005 9:50 pm

pay him 1000$

Fohls
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fohls » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:22 am

Be blunt :-) Tell him you're not interested politely and if he still persists tell him not so politely to go take a long jump off a short pier! Sometimes you have to be brutal :-(

elizabeth
Chatter
Chatter

Post by elizabeth » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:37 am

Very simple tell him he is not you type.. If not, you can dont answer his call...

Post by Guest » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:58 am

Well i had a similar experience... Just make yourself clear that you are not interested. Than comes the easy part. Don't pick up his calls, ignore all sms, block him out of your email and than call the telephone company to block out his number... there simple... You are uncontactable... 8) And if the problem still persists swear like an uncouth person... that should put him off... :P

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Alfalfa » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:08 pm

Tell him you're seeing someone else you love very much. And possibly you will wed your lover in a month or so...

Maybe play the bitching materialistic girl tactic... keep buying on his account and tell him that all you want in life is money money money....or even bring your girlfriends on a shopping spree with him at his account.. that will probably set him off...

good luck! :P
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

briceloh
Chatter
Chatter

Post by briceloh » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:42 pm

Alfalfa wrote:Tell him you're seeing someone else you love very much. And possibly you will wed your lover in a month or so...

Maybe play the bitching materialistic girl tactic... keep buying on his account and tell him that all you want in life is money money money....or even bring your girlfriends on a shopping spree with him at his account.. that will probably set him off...

good luck! :P
yur 1st suggest might work but the 2nd one is dangerous. what if he is just some rich guy and don't mind paying for a the things that u want? how r u going to reject him after making him pay for so much? pls note that some guys when out to court u, they'll do anything to get u. if after spending so much on u and u say he's the one. then i hope he dnt get nasty after that. so be very very careful when u wanna do this trick. anyway, i'm sure girls nowsday are self sufficient enuf, the guys can keep their money for themselves. haha. :wink:

kansah
Regular
Regular

Post by kansah » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 1:35 pm

Find out what makes him pursue you for one thing. Some guys (and girls) just can't take no for an answer, but once they've gotten what they are after? NEXT!!!

And if this guy is rich, and doesn't mind you taking your girlfriends along for a free shopping expedition (nice one, alfalfa), you should heed briceloh and be very careful because the guy could take it as u accepting his suit.

But what i found out though is this: being polite is not the most effective way to turn down a persistent suitor. If you don't mind him calling you a b**** behind your back, then by all means, go for the bitchy type. And don't be friends with him for a while. that way, he can forget his obsession as well. :wink:
Think of the solution; not the problem.

Jennifer C

Re: How to reject a suitor

Post by Jennifer C » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 4:58 pm

You sound like an ungrateful little spoilt brat. He invited you out many times and the least you can do is be gracious. It is your right to decline politely and his to waste his time trying on an ingrate but where do you get off trying to sound like you are the one suffering....I don't see you doing any work here or spending any money.

The trouble with you girls is that when you get a little attention, it gets to your head....dating is a 2 way street, don't kid yourself that you are rewarding someone by spending their money on stuffing your stomach or satisfying your greedy self with gifts bought with someone else's money. If you do that, you are no better than a whore, in fact worse, the whore has no pretensions and provide a decent service....you, on the other hand, suck up all the gravy with no ounce of guilt or decorum and then complain about the person who is trying his best to please you.

You disgust me!!!!
girl wrote:This guy has been bothering me for a long time. He has been inviting me out many times and I have rejected him. He don't seem to get the message. What should I do?? Pls help me!!!

Alfalfa
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Alfalfa » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 5:08 pm

Jennifer C, I am surprised you quote what gril wrote and yet still blabbing about money. No where in her quote was there talks of money dear.. It was suggested by others on the forum.... So please read up first before jumping to conclusion...

The girl just wanted advise and as if you have good ones...please give it to her.. why put the girl down...

Hmmmm:(..sorry girl... some people offer more than help.. but it is your choice to take it and leave it as well...
We'll get along fine as soon as you realize I'm Good.

elizabeth
Chatter
Chatter

Re: How to reject a suitor

Post by elizabeth » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 5:30 pm

[quote="Jennifer C"]You sound like an ungrateful little spoilt brat. He invited you out many times and the least you can do is be gracious.

Hi Jennifer C

I personally thinks that it is not right for you to call girl an ungrateful little spolit brat jus t because she did not accpet the invitation.
If girl dont like him especail when she knew that the guy like her and she dont at all, how to have dinner.. dont you think is foolsih to have dinner with someone you dont like at all.. Do you have feeling or not?? so please dont call her an ungrateful little spoilt brat.. That very bad.. :twisted:

girl

Post by girl » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 8:18 pm

thks for all your advise, but i'm still lost. Let me give more info. I would say I am one of those "fortunate" girl with a pretty face since young. I have rejected many others without problem. This guy is not the first suitor. He knows that I already have a boyfriend, but he didn't give up as i'm still not yet married. I have tried rejected him politely, but no use. Also tried reject him in a fustrated manner, but he responsed like a "cool man", then continue his courtship. What's worse is that he works in the same company but different department. I can't go out with him bcos he is not my type, and I'm afraid he will get the wrong message. I'm not going to ACT materialistic girl, cos it's not ME. I'm in deep shit!! Pls give me better advise.

briceloh
Chatter
Chatter

Post by briceloh » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 8:28 pm

u said u already have a bf? is it possible for yur bf to come drop u and pick u up from work as often as possible? it'll definitely be a msg for him to back off or face yur bf. of course, i'm not asking yur bf to engage with him in a fight or arguement. but the least yur bf can do is to give him "the look". it's kinda like, "hey man, this is my girl, watch where u stepping on".

local lass

Post by local lass » Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:22 pm

Simple. No need to be rude or nasty. Just repeat "sorry not interested" whenever he asks you out. Then excuse yourself. You can throw in another line like "I hope you can respect that" for emphasis. Say nothing more than this and repeat repeat repeat. He will get it after a while and leave you alone.

ah yo yo

Post by ah yo yo » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 4:08 pm

girl wrote:thks for all your advise, but i'm still lost. Let me give more info. I would say I am one of those "fortunate" girl with a pretty face since young. I have rejected many others without problem. This guy is not the first suitor. He knows that I already have a boyfriend, but he didn't give up as i'm still not yet married. I have tried rejected him politely, but no use. Also tried reject him in a fustrated manner, but he responsed like a "cool man", then continue his courtship. What's worse is that he works in the same company but different department. I can't go out with him bcos he is not my type, and I'm afraid he will get the wrong message. I'm not going to ACT materialistic girl, because it's not ME. I'm in deep shit!! Pls give me better advise.
Simple really, say you don't date colleagues.

Many people don't - it's like shitting in your own backyard ! ! !