Singapore Expats

Changing of employer

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
jhkim
Regular
Regular

Changing of employer

Post by jhkim » Sat, 23 Jul 2005 10:53 pm

Hi all, Please help me.

I am from US and currently hold Q1 EP. I have been working for a month for my new employer. However My duties are totally different than what I was told. My job is painfully boring and even a monkey could do my job. At this rate, I won't be learning anything new but lose what I know.

I really want to change my job. I am currently negotiating with a different company, but I just read in MOM site that I will have to sumbit a new application.

Has anybody changed employer before? Will I be able to get new EP with the new company?

Changing only after 1 month must be really bad for my future EP application right?

Help :(

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Sun, 24 Jul 2005 10:18 am

i HATE it when companies do that and deliberately mess with the sin of "role mismatch". my previous firm did that to a whole bunch of experienced workers (me included).

i fought tooth and nail to be transferred to another department, but then there was bad blood from the outsourcing drive :/

from mom site, you'll find that ep renewal topic was in the context of expiry (ep -> temp ep -> new ep), so i hope you can get the answers you seek here...

"Changing only after 1 month must be really bad for my future EP application right? "
possible, but why will they care if you secured an offer from another firm? to mom it's just another application, no?
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

Guest123

Post by Guest123 » Tue, 26 Jul 2005 7:33 am

Hi
I was in a similar position as you, the difference is that I have worked for three months before I decided that I don't want to do that boring job for the rest of my life. Applied for a new EP, and got accepted in three weeks' time. I don't work at MOM so I don't know for sure, but I think as long as you meet all the paper and salary requirements and you have no criminal records, it should be quite straightforward to obtain an EP. It's better if you can tender your resignation after your EP is accepted though, after all, boring job is better than no job.