Singapore Expats

Spanish Paella

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
little_bold_bear

Post by little_bold_bear » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 9:45 am

GP Asian Cafe in Lucky Plaza has paella. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I hear the chef is good. He used to work for a restaurant in Manila.

And yes, good paella takes a long time to make. Maybe I'll post the recipe sometime....

Incidentally, if you don't like the rice clumping too much and turning to mush, then you can fry the uncooked rice in olive oil (less than 5 min, it's just to coat it and absorb a bit of oil). I actually do this before I boil rice as well, and it comes out as wonderful non-sticky grains--high quality stuff. :) The olive oil also adds to the fragrance and taste.

¿Como hablar español?

Post by ¿Como hablar español? » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:26 am

Re: paella

Post by Guest » Mon, 18 Jul 2005 2:29 pm

marta wrote:I am new in Singapore, and Spanish, I heard someone wanted to make spanish speaking friends? :-)

Can't garantee that I make a good paella, but I can try!

[email protected]
Hello Marta. I´m from Spain and I will be living in Singapore very soon. How is the life there, better than in Spain? Is it easy to make friends? I hope so.

paellafanatic

paella and chalet for interested

Post by paellafanatic » Mon, 25 Jul 2005 1:35 am

Hi, I posted this on other threads and I thought this would do good here. If you're interested in the events below, please email me. I won't guarantee we will make a good paella but if u're interested, email me. Thanks :)

Hi, a group of people (Singaporeans and Spanish) who are interested in spanish language and culture...etc, some of whom speak spanish, recently met up in a spanish meetup. We have planned some further meetings and invite other Singaporeans or foreigners who are interested in Spanish to join us.

This Saturday (30th of July), we're organizing a small gathering at my place to cook paella. We have a spanish with us and others who are interested in making paella and just getting to know each other. We're all friendly people and just gotten to know each other only last week. So if you're interested to get to know others who are interested in spanish and also interested to make paella (no guarantee it will be good at all!), please email me at [email protected]

We do have a chalet planned for the 6th of August night at Pulau Ubin. Again, if interested, just email me. Thanks,

Social Justice

Spanishgal

More info

Post by Spanishgal » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 3:07 pm

Hola!
I'm quite interested in the group mentioned by paellafanatic. Can you tell me more about the group itself? How many members are there? Any native Spaniard? Are there many Singaporeans? How often do you meet up? Muchas Gracias.

hablar espanol

Post by hablar espanol » Thu, 25 Aug 2005 3:46 pm

styricpriestess

Post by styricpriestess » Fri, 04 Nov 2011 8:33 pm

Hi, I can speak Spanish (I don't know how to cook the paella though). You might want to try the Serenity Spanish Bar & Restaurant at Vivo City. I haven't tried their paella yet but I've tasted their churros con chocolate. A bit disappointing. The serving is quite small and it does not taste as delicious as the churros which I have tasted previously. But I guess I have no right to complain.