Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Angelynn_belle

Post by Angelynn_belle » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 9:26 pm

Ya, i agreed, i'm 158cm but was measured at 156cm... of cos, i was told to leave then.

Anonymous wrote:Hi Tori, thx for replying my qn...That's scary cuz I'll surely hit below 158 if they lower my actual height... :?

Yup ger, you'll soon get your invitation ya! All the best!

Tori wrote:Hi,

Congrats to ur invitation :D

So Singaporeans do have the opportunity this round too, but dun know if it'll ever reach me...

Btw, I think yes, they'll kind of lower ur height abt 1 to 3 cm, cause the other time, my height was lowered by 2cm... Then Kebaya check, lowered by 3 cm!

Anyway, they'll most likely let you go ahead with all the interviews if u're 1.58 (+/-). Unless, u're really way off... :wink:
Anonymous wrote:Hi

I also just received the invitation..I'm a singaporean, I sent my application on the 20th which is 2 days after the closing date..So kinda surprise when I received the email..

Btw I'm onli 159cm and from the previous posts, i understand that the SIA ppl tend to indicate your height to be lower than your actual height when they did the measurement. Is it true?

M

Post by M » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 9:34 pm

shopaholic wrote:Paige, white, tori, M, and everyone else who's interested, I received my invite today :D :D :D Paige patience girl, I believe you'll get the email soon!
Congratulations. Glad you have finally received your invite. Scheduled on the 30th? That's a day after my final interview. Hope to see you soon yeah? Goodluck babe!! :wink:

M

Post by M » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 9:35 pm

M wrote:
shopaholic wrote:Paige, white, tori, M, and everyone else who's interested, I received my invite today :D :D :D Paige patience girl, I believe you'll get the email soon!
Congratulations. Glad you have finally received your invite. Scheduled on the 30th? That's a day after my final interview. Hope to see you soon yeah? Goodluck babe!! :wink:
I meant, hope to see you if we are cleared for all the rounds eventually!! :wink:

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 9:46 pm

M wrote:
M wrote:
I meant, hope to see you if we are cleared for all the rounds eventually!! :wink:
Definitely M! I'll be crossing my fingers for you too (= Oh and since you've already experienced the initial interviews, I could ask you for some advice, are you on msn? Here's me if you are,

[email protected]

Paige

Re: Sigh, still waiting.....

Post by Paige » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:13 pm

Tori wrote:Hi Paige,

Seems like the 12pm slot has already been sent out early today...

Sigh, chances getting slimmer... :(
Hi Tori,

Ya lor.. Haiz... so down... :(

Post by Guest » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:28 pm

So does it mean anyone having height between 158 to 160 will definitely get kick out after the measurement??? :shock:
Angelynn_belle wrote:Ya, i agreed, i'm 158cm but was measured at 156cm... of because, i was told to leave then.

Anonymous wrote:Hi Tori, thx for replying my qn...That's scary cuz I'll surely hit below 158 if they lower my actual height... :?

So Singaporeans do have the opportunity this round too, but dun know if it'll ever reach me...

Btw, I think yes, they'll kind of lower ur height abt 1 to 3 cm, cause the other time, my height was lowered by 2cm... Then Kebaya check, lowered by 3 cm!

Anyway, they'll most likely let you go ahead with all the interviews if u're 1.58 (+/-). Unless, u're really way off... :wink:

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:42 pm

Paige wrote:

Hi Tori,

Paige there'll be other time slots for sure!

neopet

Post by neopet » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:52 pm

shopaholic wrote:
Paige wrote:

Hi Tori,

Paige there'll be other time slots for sure!
Don't worry too much. Try again at the next round, if it's not meant to be, just look around for another job opening :)
Last edited by neopet on Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:58 pm

Hi Angelynn_belle, did they reallie ask u to leave? Dat is so mean.. when was that interview?

from what i noe, now that there is no longer any walk-in inetrview, they will usu allow u to go to the first round since its an invitation... Aniwae, if u r trying again, good luck! :)
Angelynn_belle wrote:Ya, i agreed, i'm 158cm but was measured at 156cm... of because, i was told to leave then.

Don't despair

Post by Guest » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 4:22 am

Hi All,
after seeing all your posts. I don't dee the need to depsair cos if you guys try hard enough, you will dfinitely get into SQ. By the way, I can see that SQ is in need of crew considering that they are expanding their services and with the acqusition of the new A380s. Just a thought from a business perspective. Anyways, all the best to you guys and I hope that I will get the invite soon.
Oh..... I also wished that they had the walk in interviews cos that would allow them to see you as yourself rather than from the contemporary email applications.
Would you guys agree?

Stone

FA Wannabe

Post by FA Wannabe » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 7:55 am

Anonymous wrote:Hi

I also just received the invitation..I'm a singaporean, I sent my application on the 20th which is 2 days after the closing date..So kinda surprise when I received the email..

Btw I'm onli 159cm and from the previous posts, i understand that the SIA ppl tend to indicate your height to be lower than your actual height when they did the measurement. Is it true?
How old r u guest?

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 8:05 am

Sabrina wrote:Hi,
I am a poly student studying IT .I dont not have any work experience.Do you think i should take up a hospitality management course b4 applying for the job?
Hiya Sabrina! take up smthing which u're really interested in. :) Otherwise your 3 years of poly's gonna be a drag!! They do accept poly grads but not from private institutions i tink. A couple of my frns from banking n finance were selected for cabin crew posts at my time. They were freshies than.. no wkg exp at all. As long as you meet all the criteria listed on their website, i dont see any problem with you getting the job. Hope this helps!

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 8:08 am

tinkerbelle wrote:
Sabrina wrote:Hi,
I am a poly student studying IT .I dont not have any work experience.Do you think i should take up a hospitality management course b4 applying for the job?
Hiya Sabrina! take up smthing which u're really interested in. :) Otherwise your 3 years of poly's gonna be a drag!! They do accept poly grads but not from private institutions i tink. A couple of my frns from banking n finance were selected for cabin crew posts at my time. They were freshies than.. no wkg exp at all. As long as you meet all the criteria listed on their website, i dont see any problem with you getting the job. Hope this helps!
Hahaha... sorri...wrong channel. I juz wanna say u can START writing in as soon as u grad from poly irregardless of the facuty you'r from. Take up hospitality only IF you're really interested. :)

Paige

Re: Don't despair

Post by Paige » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:25 am

Anonymous wrote:Hi All,
after seeing all your posts. I don't dee the need to depsair because if you guys try hard enough, you will dfinitely get into SQ. By the way, I can see that SQ is in need of crew considering that they are expanding their services and with the acqusition of the new A380s. Just a thought from a business perspective. Anyways, all the best to you guys and I hope that I will get the invite soon.
Oh..... I also wished that they had the walk in interviews because that would allow them to see you as yourself rather than from the contemporary email applications.
Would you guys agree?

Stone
Hi Stone,
I totally agree with u... :)

Paige

Post by Paige » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:28 am

I agree with you Angelynn_belle, cause I had experience before for the intake last year April I think? I was actually shortlisted, when I went there, they measured my height, and it was 156cm and the lady ask me to leave on the spot.. :cry: