Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 2:24 pm

Hi Tori, thx for replying my qn...That's scary cuz I'll surely hit below 158 if they lower my actual height... :?

Yup ger, you'll soon get your invitation ya! All the best!

Tori wrote:Hi,

Congrats to ur invitation :D

So Singaporeans do have the opportunity this round too, but dun know if it'll ever reach me...

Btw, I think yes, they'll kind of lower ur height abt 1 to 3 cm, cause the other time, my height was lowered by 2cm... Then Kebaya check, lowered by 3 cm!

Anyway, they'll most likely let you go ahead with all the interviews if u're 1.58 (+/-). Unless, u're really way off... :wink:
Anonymous wrote:Hi

I also just received the invitation..I'm a singaporean, I sent my application on the 20th which is 2 days after the closing date..So kinda surprise when I received the email..

Btw I'm onli 159cm and from the previous posts, i understand that the SIA ppl tend to indicate your height to be lower than your actual height when they did the measurement. Is it true?

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 3:46 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hi

I also just received the invitation..I'm a singaporean, I sent my application on the 20th which is 2 days after the closing date..So kinda surprise when I received the email..

Btw I'm onli 159cm and from the previous posts, i understand that the SIA ppl tend to indicate your height to be lower than your actual height when they did the measurement. Is it true?

when's your interview Guest?

Sigh, still waiting.....

Post by Guest » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 4:01 pm

Hi Guest,
lucky you. I am still waitng and hoping that I have a chance within this coming recruitment. By the way, when is your interview?

Stonekool

PinkIsCute

To shopaholic

Post by PinkIsCute » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 4:23 pm

Dear shopaholic,

I would like to know when did you send in your application form?
Did you send in by 18 June?I sent them on 30 June and no reply yet. :( I guess this round is for those 18th batch who were a little bit late. Please let me know if possible? :lol:
Thank you

Tori

Re: Sigh, still waiting.....

Post by Tori » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 4:31 pm

Hi Stonekool,

U're not alone :) We are also waiting..
Anonymous wrote:Hi Guest,
lucky you. I am still waitng and hoping that I have a chance within this coming recruitment. By the way, when is your interview?

Stonekool

Post by Guest » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 4:34 pm

shopaholic wrote:
Michiko wrote:Hi all!
im a new baby here.
i also jus receive email from SIA to go for the interview on 30th.
really surprise to hear from them because i sent my application only after the closing date... :roll:
dont know what to expect during the interviews....

yay for us Michiko! (= Are you a m'sian? What time is your interview?
Hi! im a singaporean. :D
interview at 12pm.
are u on the same day?

Paige

Post by Paige » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 5:14 pm

Tori wrote:Hi Stonekool,

U're not alone :) We are also waiting..

Stonekool
Hi Stonekool & Tori,
Same here.. I'm also waiting... :(

Tori

Post by Tori » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 5:29 pm

Hi Paige,

Seems like the 12pm slot has already been sent out early today...

Sigh, chances getting slimmer... :(

Piyo Piyo

Post by Piyo Piyo » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 5:45 pm

Hi there.. was wondering anybody is oging for the interview this coming Thursday the 21st... I know M is..btw M are u male of female?

just a guest

Post by just a guest » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 5:51 pm

Congrats for all who received invitation from SIA!!!!
Good luck n All the Best!!!

But, I have yet receive one..
hopeless ...... :( :(

Post by Guest » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 7:02 pm

To shopaholic and stonekool,

My interview is on the 30th Jul, 9.20am..
hey stonekool, your chance will come yah..I've waited for 1 mth and the email juz caught me by surprise..Now I've to worry about my height..Anewae, hope you'll get ur invitation soon ya =)

Stonekool

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 8:15 pm

Tori, Paige, StoneKool, it will come. Have faith!

This time round, they are sending invites to S'poreans who missed the deadline [18 June] as well as Malaysians they've shortlisted. 8)

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 8:24 pm

Anonymous wrote:To shopaholic and stonekool,

My interview is on the 30th Jul, 9.20am..
hey stonekool, your chance will come yah..I've waited for 1 mth and the email juz caught me by surprise..Now I've to worry about my height..Anewae, hope you'll get ur invitation soon ya =)

Stonekool

Guest - [for heaven's sake, just how many of you are out there?! :P ] congrats!! You're lucky you got the morning slot, that's when the interviewers are at their freshest. Gd luck babe!

Sabrina

Post by Sabrina » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 8:27 pm

Hi,
I am a poly student studying IT .I dont not have any work experience.Do you think i should take up a hospitality management course b4 applying for the job?

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 8:44 pm

Sabrina wrote:Hi,
I am a poly student studying IT .I dont not have any work experience.Do you think i should take up a hospitality management course b4 applying for the job?
Hi Sabrina, I'm not sure if you can apply for a position in SIA with a poly cert. You should definitely take up a course, be it management or something entirely different - it would be of aid in the long run as you'd have something to fall back on. The others will probably give their intake after my post, so stay tuned.

When are you graduating from poly?