Singapore Expats

Dependent Pass Holder

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
majestic

Dependent Pass Holder

Post by majestic » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:14 pm

I plan to work in singapore on P1 (Employment Pass) and my wife will come over on Dependent Pass. Will it be difficult for her to get a job on DP? Do employers in singapore entertain candidates on DP? Is it easy to obtain Letter of Consent from the prospective employer?

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Post by k1w1 » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 8:59 am

Actually I have found it very easy getting work on a DP. Getting a letter of consent takes a couple of weeks, and employers may prefer to do that than apply for an EP. There is also the added bonus of being able to work part time as there is no income minimum for a DP/LOC. Bear in mind that you can only have one LOC, so a few part time jobs is out of the question.

jhkim
Regular
Regular

Post by jhkim » Sun, 17 Jul 2005 5:01 pm

I have Q1 pass....Can i still do the same?

SOY

Post by SOY » Mon, 18 Jul 2005 1:30 am

k1w1,

How did you find jobs? Through this forum or simply through websites?

k1w1
Reporter
Reporter

Post by k1w1 » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 9:43 am

I am a teacher so I haven't had much trouble finding work here. It will depend on the industry you want to work in. A DP holder who has an LOC is essentially like someone on an EP - the minimum salary a month is $2500. Therefore there are some jobs that are going to be given to locals who can/will work for less. Sorry I can't be more specific without knowing more details.