Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:52 am

shopaholic wrote:
tinkerbelle wrote:
Jia Xin wrote:Halo, shopaholic, i know why u are so tension tension....... u haven't got a invite rite for SIA? aiyooooo - just wait la. if u don't get it , then try other airline - u from kl rite? - MAS also can rite?

i went for SIA before in kl. lots of girls came and i spoke good i think, then they ask me question like what is ur favourite food ?

aiya, the kl interview always more laterthan advertised......have u got the shortlist alreadi? the interviewer like v.freak up face like that. if u get shortlist, u tell her okies?
oh u notti girl u.. bet that interviewer's face not as screwed up and freaky as yours!! ahahahahaha... :) oh and btw, im sorri u didnt get selected..
hey tinkerbell, haven't seen you in here for some time. Did you get shortlist for the interview? How're things with you?
Howdy shopaholic? Any news yet? :) dun give up k..

tinkerbelle

Post by tinkerbelle » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:55 am

Anonymous wrote:
shopaholic wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Anyone here knows what is the basic salary(exclusing allowance etc etc) of an SIA flight stewardess?

Cheers,
Hey Guest, the information you're seeking for can be found at the SIA website. You can find out more about the remunerations and work benefits there.
Hi Shopaholic, the website did not state the basic salary, only the approxi mthly salary, which includes all allowances etc.

I would like to know the basic salary, heard is abt 1.3K mthly. Anyone here knows? Or is it confidential? Tnxs.
Read the previous posts honey... :) its juz a couple of clicks away...

GuestWho

Post by GuestWho » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:06 pm

Anonymous wrote:
shopaholic wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Anyone here knows what is the basic salary(exclusing allowance etc etc) of an SIA flight stewardess?

Cheers,
Hey Guest, the information you're seeking for can be found at the SIA website. You can find out more about the remunerations and work benefits there.
Hi Shopaholic, the website did not state the basic salary, only the approxi mthly salary, which includes all allowances etc.

I would like to know the basic salary, heard is abt 1.3K mthly. Anyone here knows? Or is it confidential? Tnxs.
The basic salary depends on your qualification. It should be between S$1150 to S$1350. As for the allowances, it depends on where you are flying and the number of hours onboard... different country different rates due to the standard of living.... So to speak, Japan's allowances is the highest but the inflight allowances not that much cuz the flight time is only 6hours per sector

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 2:14 pm

hey Tinkerbelle.. no news yet. The previous batch had just finished their rounds of interviews. 'Silly' got in =) The only thing left for me to do is to wait. What about you? Did you get in or what? I lost track!

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 2:17 pm

GuestWho wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
shopaholic wrote: Hey Guest, the information you're seeking for can be found at the SIA website. You can find out more about the remunerations and work benefits there.

The basic salary depends on your qualification. It should be between S$1150 to S$1350. As for the allowances, it depends on where you are flying and the number of hours onboard... different country different rates due to the standard of living.... So to speak, Japan's allowances is the highest but the inflight allowances not that much cuz the flight time is only 6hours per sector
Hey Guestwho, this S$1150-S$1350 basic salary - are you referring to the pay during 4 months of training? Because I only heard one amount for the salary, which is S$3500 oinclusive of allowances etc.

Guestwho

Post by Guestwho » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 3:25 pm

shopaholic wrote:
GuestWho wrote:
Anonymous wrote: Hi Shopaholic, the website did not state the basic salary, only the approxi mthly salary, which includes all allowances etc.

Hey Guestwho, this S$1150-S$1350 basic salary - are you referring to the pay during 4 months of training? Because I only heard one amount for the salary, which is S$3500 oinclusive of allowances etc.
Yes, this S$1150 - S$1350 is the basic pay during training and during operation, irregularless if you are going onboard the flight to work.

The one amount u have heard of is the lump sum inclusive of basic and the various allowances.

Post by Guest » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 7:05 pm

sad wrote: Guest, i fund u funny too... i mean u have a wacky sense of humour i must admit.. but the mean kind.. after a good laugh however.. i kinda wonder if its right to make fun of people who really have aspirations and goals in their lives...

makes me wonder if u'll find it equally funny to see a small kitten being stapled at the ears or a puppy being dragged by the neck with a rope behind a car too.. u know wat i mean?! the cruel kind of funny..
No, I draw the line at animal cruelty,...... but here's a kitty saved from the rain if you like...

Serious mode: ON

Would it be too hard to believe that I actually am not making fun of anyone here? My apologies if anyone has felt I was putting down their hopes.

Also, lets say for arguments sake, I was going out of my way to be cruel - If everyone here can't take a few ridicules from an anonymous person you've never met - how will you cope in the real world when you get your first rejection during interviews? How will you cope with your supervisor/colleague spreading gossip about you or backstabbing you, or pinning the latest mistake on the new recruit (you) simply because it would look to bad if head office found out that it was a senior staff member that made the blunder? How will you cope when head management starts to think of you as a fool because of these slimy aunties?

You need to walk with pride and confidence of your worth if you're to get anywhere in life.

Serious mode: OFF

Now,.. here's another silly picture...

OrientalPearl

Post by OrientalPearl » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 7:36 pm

Guest, I like your posts and witty comments! :lol:

Tori

To Guest

Post by Tori » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:49 pm

Let's give "Guest" a benefit of doubt, that he/she is not making fun of anyone..

But Guest, i believe some of us commented your posting not because that they could not take the few ridicules from an anoymous person, but this is a forum where people whom posses the same interest could visit. A place where we exchange constructive feedbacks & comments about Cabin Crew recruitment, sharing related info whenever possible.

You may not realize that you're putting down others' hope, but ur action speaks. This forum welcomes ur posting as long as they're constructive.
Anonymous wrote:
sad wrote: Serious mode: ON

Would it be too hard to believe that I actually am not making fun of anyone here? My apologies if anyone has felt I was putting down their hopes.

Also, lets say for arguments sake, I was going out of my way to be cruel - If everyone here can't take a few ridicules from an anonymous person you've never met - how will you cope in the real world when you get your first rejection during interviews? How will you cope with your supervisor/colleague spreading gossip about you or backstabbing you, or pinning the latest mistake on the new recruit (you) simply because it would look to bad if head office found out that it was a senior staff member that made the blunder? How will you cope when head management starts to think of you as a fool because of these slimy aunties?

You need to walk with pride and confidence of your worth if you're to get anywhere in life.

Supporter

Post by Supporter » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:57 pm

Rock on Guest!! :P

FREEDOM OF SPEECH! I support you!!!!

:wink:

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Thu, 14 Jul 2005 11:47 pm

Tori wrote:Let's give "Guest" a benefit of doubt, that he/she is not making fun of anyone..

But Guest, i believe some of us commented your posting not because that they could not take the few ridicules from an anoymous person, but this is a forum where people whom posses the same interest could visit. A place where we exchange constructive feedbacks & comments about Cabin Crew recruitment, sharing related info whenever possible.

You may not realize that you're putting down others' hope, but ur action speaks. This forum welcomes ur posting as long as they're constructive.
Anonymous wrote:
sad wrote: Serious mode: ON

Tori sweetie, lets just let them have their fun. These people are vivid adherents of the freedom of expression so if they wanna make their speeches and display seemingly humurous pictures in a SIA cabin crew forum while switching off and on their modes, well, whatever rock their boat.

Re: To Guest

Post by Guest » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:06 am

Tori wrote:Let's give "Guest" a benefit of doubt, that he/she is not making fun of anyone..

So this thread is for SIA wanna-be's (if I can use that word without *someone* getting offended) only, it would seem?

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:24 am

Anonymous wrote:

So this thread is for SIA want to-be's (if I can use that word without *someone* getting offended) only, it would seem?

No one should be offended Guest. You're most welcome to be here. Tori probably just meant that your posts should be off some relevance to the forum. But that's ok, you're just posting pictures and sharing a few laughs and not doing anything disruptive. Have fun.

Post by Guest » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:36 am

shopaholic wrote: Tori sweetie, lets just let them have their fun. These people are vivid adherents of the freedom of expression so if they want to make their speeches and display seemingly humurous pictures in a SIA cabin crew forum while switching off and on their modes, well, whatever rock their boat.
that's right. Preach it , sister!

Post by Guest » Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:47 am

shopaholic wrote: No one should be offended Guest. You're most welcome to be here. Tori probably just meant that your posts should be off some relevance to the forum. But that's ok, you're just posting pictures and sharing a few laughs and not doing anything disruptive. Have fun.
ah, that's nice to know i'm welcome

Anyway- I shall depart from this thread gracefully and leave you all to talk about serious matters while I go back to being a couch potato...