Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
|Bluz|

Re: ... APPLICATION FORM ...

Post by |Bluz| » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 9:48 pm

Rian wrote:Hello people. I was wondering, where can i get the application form? When i checked out [www.singaporeair.com], there is an application for Malaysian Flight Stewards/Stewardesses. I, as a local singaporean, would i be able to take that copy of application form and fill it in? :roll:

And i was wondering there isn't any job ads of job openings of stewards/stewardesses in straits time classified. How would i know whether there is a job opening??? :?

I was like waiting and waiting and wondering for the ads to come out and suddenly, my cousin told me that her colleague had apply like weeks ago. :cry: :cry: :cry: Again, how would i know whether there is a job opening?? And would i be able to fill in the form which is meant for malaysian??

Please, anyone reply me ya... thanks alot peeps!
Hi Rian,
Well, as Singaporeans... we are not to use their application (obviously stated MALAYSIANS). Have to wait for the intake of singaporeans. Yes, SQ do put up ads in the Classified Recruit section. So you'll have to look out for it. Alternatively, you can always login to singaporeair.com frequently to see the updated application openings.

If you had been waiting and wondering... i do hope you were waiting and wondering LOOKING into the newspapers and website :roll: . Especially the website as the ad stays there for like almost amonth before they change it again... Lookout for the next intake then! all the best :wink:

Rian

Re: ... APPLICATION FORM ...

Post by Rian » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:29 pm

|Bluz| wrote:
Rian wrote:Hello people. I was wondering, where can i get the application form? When i checked out [www.singaporeair.com], there is an application for Malaysian Flight Stewards/Stewardesses. I, as a local singaporean, would i be able to take that copy of application form and fill it in? :roll:

And i was wondering there isn't any job ads of job openings of stewards/stewardesses in straits time classified. How would i know whether there is a job opening??? :?

I was like waiting and waiting and wondering for the ads to come out and suddenly, my cousin told me that her colleague had apply like weeks ago. :cry: :cry: :cry: Again, how would i know whether there is a job opening?? And would i be able to fill in the form which is meant for malaysian??

Please, anyone reply me ya... thanks alot peeps!
Hi Rian,
Well, as Singaporeans... we are not to use their application (obviously stated MALAYSIANS). Have to wait for the intake of singaporeans. Yes, SQ do put up ads in the Classified Recruit section. So you'll have to look out for it. Alternatively, you can always login to singaporeair.com frequently to see the updated application openings.

If you had been waiting and wondering... i do hope you were waiting and wondering LOOKING into the newspapers and website :roll: . Especially the website as the ad stays there for like almost amonth before they change it again... Lookout for the next intake then! all the best :wink:

Well |Bluz|, thank you so much for the info ya. Thank you! :lol:

ciscorecall

Emirates

Post by ciscorecall » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 4:11 pm

Saw on the Emirates website that they will be conducting recruitment in Singapore & Malaysia this July & August... anybody have any idea when it is?

silly

Post by silly » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 7:00 pm

Anonymous wrote:
silly wrote:Hey M! Congrats! you got in right! get the results at the end of the day isit?

Maybe could you share with us what to look out for in the Kebaya Test? Is the Kebaya test the part where most elimination is done?
Hi silly, hows the kebaya and swimming test? =D
Hi Gust,

There are some earlier posts on the Kebaya and Swim Test. Maybe you missed them. This is my experience:

Kebaya Test - 52 of us who got into this round labelled 1 to 52. Then in tens, we change into kebaya. Height & Weight taken. Then go into room with 2 beauticians who will see how you walk carrying a tray, check your face, and other parts of your body not covered by kebaya, to make sure no scars. Just SMILE & dont be nervous.

Once all 52 girls finish, then will read out names of girls who are not shortlisted, so those not shortlisted will leave. 50% chopped off at this stage. Left 26 of us go on to Psychometric Test. Psychometric test no pass or fail. Simply wana know your personality.

Swim Test - 26 of us go for swim test. Simply have to jump off a mock plane with life vest, then swim backstroke to the other side of the pool. Very fun.

All 26 of us got through. Next round is Management Interview & Tea Party, which I have not taken.

Hope it helps Guest :)

M

Post by M » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 8:12 pm

silly wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
silly wrote:Hey M! Congrats! you got in right! get the results at the end of the day isit?

Maybe could you share with us what to look out for in the Kebaya Test? Is the Kebaya test the part where most elimination is done?
Hi Gust,

There are some earlier posts on the Kebaya and Swim Test. Maybe you missed them. This is my experience:

Kebaya Test - 52 of us who got into this round labelled 1 to 52. Then in tens, we change into kebaya. Height & Weight taken. Then go into room with 2 beauticians who will see how you walk carrying a tray, check your face, and other parts of your body not covered by kebaya, to make sure no scars. Just SMILE & dont be nervous.

Once all 52 girls finish, then will read out names of girls who are not shortlisted, so those not shortlisted will leave. 50% chopped off at this stage. Left 26 of us go on to Psychometric Test. Psychometric test no pass or fail. Simply wana know your personality.

Swim Test - 26 of us go for swim test. Simply have to jump off a mock plane with life vest, then swim backstroke to the other side of the pool. Very fun.

All 26 of us got through. Next round is Management Interview & Tea Party, which I have not taken.

Chopped so many? Guess they need Stewards really badly now eh as only 10-15 was chopped during the gentlemen day. :?

stonekool

Age Limit for guys

Post by stonekool » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 9:08 pm

Hi All,
anyone what the age limit is for the guys. Am currently 26 at the moment and ma afriad that I may not meet their criteris. And by the way does anyone know if there were any or many graduates during the last interview for the male intake?

Thanks Guys,
Stonekool

M

Re: Age Limit for guys

Post by M » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 9:33 pm

stonekool wrote:Hi All,
anyone what the age limit is for the guys. Am currently 26 at the moment and ma afriad that I may not meet their criteris. And by the way does anyone know if there were any or many graduates during the last interview for the male intake?

Thanks Guys,
Stonekool
26 is fine and you get lots of canidates from different educational levels. Certs do not matter, rather on how you present yourself to them is more important I reckon? 8)

Hmmm

Post by Hmmm » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:29 pm

Hi Gust,

Hi Silly.. Congrats.. so u made it to the final round then...must be amazing tht the chopped off 50% of the girls.. so those selected must be pretty I assume..and got wht it takes... mayb I shld call my friend to give it a try again.

Hmmm

Post by Hmmm » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:31 pm

Hi Silly.. Congrats.. so u made it to the final round then...must be amazing tht the chopped off 50% of the girls.. so those selected must be pretty I assume..and got wht it takes... mayb I shld call my friend to give it a try again.

stonekool

Post by stonekool » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:32 pm

Hi M,
thnks mate. will certainly try when the next one comes along. Hopefully it will be sometime this year.

Stonekool

Post by Guest » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 9:01 am

silly wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Hi Gust,

hmmm thats v little they selected this time round. in april selection, think they selected 40 X 2 groups....which makes up 80...now only 52...hmmm...
anyway all the best silly! keep us updated of the gd news! ; )

FAwannabe

Post by FAwannabe » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 9:11 am

silly wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Hi Gust,

Hi Silly,

Thanks for sharing.

Juz a question, are all the girls who are selected have porcelein skin and absolutely no pimples and scars on face at all? Not even pitted ones that are well concealed but close distance, it'll be quite obvious? Are they really really strict?

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 8:11 pm

silly wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Hi Gust,

Hey silly oh wow wow wowww :D !!! congrats babe!! you must be estatic! I am still waiting for my invite to the interview :cry: .. dunno if it'll ever arrive. Do you think they're only sending invites to the (new) shortlisted ones after this set of interviews for ur batch?

Post by Guest » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:31 am

silly wrote: Hi Gust,

I'm keen to sign up as a flight attendant too.

Do they have any kebaya's my size.....?

shopaholic

Post by shopaholic » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 1:42 am

Anonymous wrote:
silly wrote: Hi Gust,

I'm keen to sign up as a flight attendant too.

Do they have any kebaya's my size.....?

Grow up and quit thinking you're being funny because you're not.