Singapore Expats

London

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
English Gent
Regular
Regular

London

Post by English Gent » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 7:24 am

To those around the world with family or friends in London at this terrible time: God Bless.

Hugh.

Global Citizen
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Global Citizen » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 9:39 am

Yup, my sympathies to all those affected by this terrible tragedy.

Post by Guest » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 9:53 am

The only way all this will stop is if WE stop our inner violence. The events of the world is from collective consciousness. If we continue to be evil, if we dont deal with our darkness within, we will perpetuate all that happens in the outside world!

cinder
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cinder » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 1:12 pm

yes, my sympathies to all affected by this - just ordinary folks like you and me, including some muslims who do NOT support the terorims but now have to bear the stress being pariah (assuming what the website said is true).

and my salute to them too for going ahead with life and not surrender under these terrors.

Pinky
Regular
Regular

Post by Pinky » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 2:26 pm

Hope all is well for those with family and friends in London..

English Gent
Regular
Regular

Post by English Gent » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 5:01 pm

Fact of the matter is the terrorist care little for human life. Chances are many of their victims may not even be British. Never blame muslims for this terrible act of cowarice; law abiding muslims will feel the backlash I fear.

Thank you for those in this thread who are decent people, glad there are some left.

H

MichaelC

Post by MichaelC » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 6:33 pm

Anonymous wrote:The only way all this will stop is if WE stop our inner violence. The events of the world is from collective consciousness. If we continue to be evil, if we dont deal with our darkness within, we will perpetuate all that happens in the outside world!
True, we need to clean up our 'inner terrorist' as my chi kung master used to say. If we dont become decent people, if dont look at our own failings, then we just perpetuate the evil in a collective conscious sense (to use your phrase, guest)

whatalark
Regular
Regular

London

Post by whatalark » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 6:52 pm

To all who were and are affected in whatever way by the bombings: I have been taught since young to "weep with those who weep and rejoice with those who are rejoicing". I weep with you right now.

Chins up and keep that old English bulldog spirit. Best wishes for a good tomorrow. Be an example to a watching world about how to make the best of this stupidity.
no trees were hurt in the making of this post but a few electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Bubbs

Post by Bubbs » Sat, 09 Jul 2005 7:13 pm

Thanks, whatalark, yes, we will never bow down to these cowardly dogs. Whatever they think they can pile onto our heads, we will still emerge with our spirits intact.
Today in the Times there are some really great quotes from Londoners (By the way, all Brits are Londoners now) and they mostly go something like this....

Yes, cowards, you tried, but we are going to keep living as we always do, with courage in the face of your pitiful and inhumane attempts at cowing us. We will still travel, we will still go to work, we won't hate the people of a particular faith because of this, and we'll still go down the pub, so ...stick it!!'

Sheena O'hara

Post by Sheena O'hara » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 9:58 am

Brave Words, and that should be as it is. I live in London but each day I get into the bus and the underground, I worry if this is my last trip..I look at the faces of the people who ride this bus and train with me...I look and wonder what they carry in their bags...I think to myself what if it is a bomb...what can I do to stop it from going off? Nothing! absolutely nothing! I enter a restaurant to have lunch...I want to get out quickly...and be safe in the open. I dare not go into a crowded pub, nor a crowded shopping arcade. I avoid places with many people...I just want to go home and feel safe in my home. I am afraid I am not one of those brave souls in London.....I dont want to die!
Bubbs wrote:Thanks, whatalark, yes, we will never bow down to these cowardly dogs. Whatever they think they can pile onto our heads, we will still emerge with our spirits intact.
Today in the Times there are some really great quotes from Londoners (By the way, all Brits are Londoners now) and they mostly go something like this....

Yes, cowards, you tried, but we are going to keep living as we always do, with courage in the face of your pitiful and inhumane attempts at cowing us. We will still travel, we will still go to work, we won't hate the people of a particular faith because of this, and we'll still go down the pub, so ...stick it!!'

English Gent
Regular
Regular

Post by English Gent » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 1:44 pm

Dear Sheena,

It has got to be tough for anyone to live in fear of being blow to bits by misguided and misinformed murders. Fact is though, life goes on,....easy to say in sunny Singapore but don't forget we have had our share of terrorist threats here too. Problem is no one can predict where when and how they will strike next; with this in mind I find it better not to think about it and look upon it as a question of fate......lets face it, you are more likely to get hit by a bus than blown up in one right?

Wishing all Londoners and other people around the world who live in fear of terrorist acts God speed!!!

H