Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
stonekool

Cabin Crew Executive (Check/Trainer)

Post by stonekool » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 10:38 pm

Hi All,
just stumbled onto this forum and was deeply addicted to all that was discussed here.
Man........ I just applied as a flight steward during this recent recruitment exercise and did not get any reply.
Just made me regret giving up the chance (got through round 1) in 2001 for my degree.
Oh by the way, anyone know if there were any graduates during the recent interviews.
And lastly, anyone ever heard about the position as a cabin crew executive (check/trainer). It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can enlighten me on this.

Thanks Guys and Cheers,

Tori

Re: Cabin Crew Executive (Check/Trainer)

Post by Tori » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 11:25 pm

Hi stonekool,

Did u send in the email late, erm... like 17 Jun or after?? If yes, prob the last recruitment was overwhelming & they can't slot all in..

I might not be right, correct me if i'm wrong...

:)
stonekool wrote:Hi All,
just stumbled onto this forum and was deeply addicted to all that was discussed here.
Man........ I just applied as a flight steward during this recent recruitment exercise and did not get any reply.
Just made me regret giving up the chance (got through round 1) in 2001 for my degree.
Oh by the way, anyone know if there were any graduates during the recent interviews.
And lastly, anyone ever heard about the position as a cabin crew executive (check/trainer). It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can enlighten me on this.

Thanks Guys and Cheers,

stonekool

Cabin Crew Executive (Check/Trainer)

Post by stonekool » Thu, 07 Jul 2005 11:46 pm

Hi Tori,
I sent it out by post on the 15th of June. And I was really disappointed that I did not get it as I really wanted to get in.
Has been my dream job for since I was 18. Sigh........ Guess that I would have to try again.

Cheers Tori,
Stone :wink:

|Bluz|

Post by |Bluz| » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:16 am

Thanks Guys and Cheers,

Hi stonekool,
Try again the next time round!! Am gonna try the next time too hahaa... ANYWAY... if you were referring to Cadet Cabin Crew Executive. Yes there is such a position. Think you'll have to look out for it in the papers. Coz i went for the interview for that position in Feb this year. Dunno when they will recruit again. Hope this info helps!
Cheerios :wink:

jei

Post by jei » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 1:42 am

hi, did anyone went for the next of interview for flight stewardess today, thursday?

is it the kebaya check and water confidence round? how was it?

thanks a lot! =)

M

Post by M » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 9:26 am

Hi,

Anyone has any idea what will happen during the management interview? Will there be any tea party or group discussion? Please advise. Thank you. :roll: :roll: :roll:

stonekool

Post by stonekool » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:44 am

Hi M,
heard that the management interview or the tea party is a test on how one present his or herself, or as to how one mingles with the crowd.
Simply said, they are testing your self-confidence and your ability to interact. Hope that this helps. :D

[Bluz], thanks for the encouragement. Hope to see you in the next round! By the way, how was the cabin crew exec interview that you had gone for and what are they typically looking for in their candidates?

Cheeers All,
Stone

zhuzhu leong

Post by zhuzhu leong » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:20 pm

Thanks Guys and Cheers,
hi stone,
I think we are in similar case. I gave up the chance in 2001/2002, for my overseas education. I graudate from australia and return in august.
however each time i send in my cv,. i have no problems in getting an invite. unfortunately, i do not get pass the 1st round as easy now...

stonekool

Post by stonekool » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:46 pm

Hi Zhuzhu,
well, lucky you. I was afraid that my application by post may have been misplaced. Oh well, all is not lost.
As for the first round, I guess they want to see how you present yourself via the group and solo interviews.
For the group interview, I perceived that one leave the introduction mainly to oneself and your history only. Do not babble toomuch about your family. Oh.... And do mentione why you want to fly, like you have all the while been service-oriented and that SIA is the best plac for you to contribute and develop your service skills. Plus that you would want to experience the cultures overseas and travel the world. Specifically, try to mention how your characteristics and you can contribute to SQ.

By the way, where did you study in Aussia and what did you graduate in?. I came back in March this year with my Masters but did not put it down when I applied for SQ this time round as I was afraid that they would reject me on the basis of my Masters.

Cheers,
Stone

DreamComeTrue

Post by DreamComeTrue » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:55 pm

Hello All!!

I just received a letter from Silkair this morning!! Am so happy! I got into Silkair!!

ANyone else out there also received reply??

Guest13

Post by Guest13 » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 1:14 pm

DreamComeTrue wrote:Hello All!!

I just received a letter from Silkair this morning!! Am so happy! I got into Silkair!!

Hi DreamComeTrue,

congrats! Hows the remuneration like? Any bond?
Btw, wats ur qualification?

grrl

Post by grrl » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 1:45 pm

DreamComeTrue wrote:Hello All!!

Congrats! but did u get the call? or just the letter? thanks~

flyway2005

Post by flyway2005 » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 5:51 pm

did'nt know there are lots of ppl interested to be cabin crew... :P

what opportunities are there open aside from sq? i mean those airlines that hire in sg... emirates, etihad, qatar?

shan

Qatar

Post by shan » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 9:38 pm

Hi pple.

Did anyone of you try for Qatar? Heard basic is higher than sq bout S$2.5k. True? Anyone gonna try? How are allowances? Someone help.

Thanx for reading.
Cheers.

Just Do It

Post by Just Do It » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:57 pm

Hey everyone!

1) Anyone went for Wed 6th Jul 05Kebaya test, water confidence test, and psychometric test? What is the number of girls who came down for the day, and the number who thereafter got into the final management interview?

2) Anyone knows what to watch out for during the final management interview? What kinda qns are usually asked?

Thank you so much in advance :)