Singapore Expats

PR Approval Probability 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR Approval Probability 2021

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Nov 2021 12:43 pm

Also, please quit posting duplicate posts. We don't like spamming on the board.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

emily.le

Post by emily.le » Tue, 02 Nov 2021 1:38 pm

@sundaymorningstaple: Thanks for your writing...
Last edited by emily.le on Wed, 03 Nov 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RevicePang

Post by RevicePang » Tue, 02 Nov 2021 2:03 pm

Hi!

Thank you for your prompt reply.

First of all, it is indeed likely ICA may perceive the marriage as of convenience or shum given how almost immediately we applied for PR after marriage. But we did indicate that we want to apply bto/sbf, so that might be one indication that we are keen on settling down.

The fact is, the pr application was approved, despite the fact that it could have been a negative factor. That is one point of speculation, not a factor of certainty.

On the salary part, average salary for my age group (25 – 29) is $3,468. But yeah expanses and all, I am definitely not earning enough and I do want to earn more as well sobs haha.

"It's even been brought up in parliament how they use the current racial demographics as a primary method of controlling immigration numbers of the various races."

You gotta cite the link for me man, I read the news often, so I havent heard of this. I only heard of racial quotas for HDB only.
Last edited by RevicePang on Tue, 02 Nov 2021 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RevicePang

Post by RevicePang » Tue, 02 Nov 2021 2:07 pm

emily.le wrote:
Tue, 02 Nov 2021 1:38 pm
@sundaymorningstaple: Thanks for your writing...appreciated. I was on EP and applied for myself. I got rejected after 11 months of waiting. That time my salary was 5k per month.
2 years later, my salary increased 7k monthly and I tried to apply again with my whole family, the result was rejected again.
This time we applied as whole family again, myself, my wife and 2 kids( in local school, the boy is P4 & the girl is P1). Submitted in mar 2021 and its still pending.
What is your race and nationality? Anw what you mentioned has no correlation to what @sundaymorningstaple claims that there is racial factor in pr application approvals.
Last edited by RevicePang on Tue, 02 Nov 2021 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RevicePang

Post by RevicePang » Tue, 02 Nov 2021 2:16 pm

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ ... r-eurasian

Wait a minute I found this article published by ST. So it turns out race Does* have some level of deciding factors when it comes to pr application. So if you're out of the CMIO model, it is less likely you'll be granted PR.

This does make me think that they also have to grant pr according to the racial percentage in the CMIO. In other words, Indians would have lesser quota as compared Chineses.

@sundaymorningstaple Now I'm contemplating what you said. Please elaborate further. I'm open for discussion.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Nov 2021 4:39 pm

This has been discussed countless times this year alone. Please use the search engine on this site (upper left corner of the page). No discussion necessary. Already been discussed ad nauseum. I know you are adverse to research or you wouldn't have made the original post in the manner in which you did. We tend not to handhold strawberries here.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

RevicePang

Post by RevicePang » Tue, 02 Nov 2021 4:55 pm

Wow that was harsh. Okay fine I'm done commenting on this thread. Take it easy friend.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Nov 2021 5:27 pm

So too lazy to do any research izzit? True to type.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 02 Nov 2021 8:52 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 02 Nov 2021 12:37 pm
It's even been brought up in parliament how they use the current racial demographics as a primary method of controlling immigration numbers of the various races. You really should listen to the news sometimes. And they have also noted that Chinese, especially Malaysian & Indonesian are the most desirable, in the order listed, as they assimilate the easiest with Malaysian Chinese being the easiest as there is virtually zero difference between the two.
To be fair, I’ll have to disagree with this. While this statement is true to us (it’s an open secret and it fits the anecdotal evidence) I don’t think this has ever been said outright in parliament. In fact, Shanmugam has time and time again refused to divulge the number of PRs/Citizenships granted by nationalities due to the sensitive nature in the first place (he instead refers to numbers by regions as is done in the population brief every year)

I remember Grace Fu once mentioned how they look at a wide set of criteria include economic contributions, ability to integrate, stability of marriage etc etc, but never race. You can’t have a government outrightly admitting that they choose PRs/Citizens based on one’s race, not in today’s world anyway.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 02 Nov 2021 10:18 pm

They have said that they use immigration to Singapore to to keep the demographics at the amount that they are comfortable with. If you don't believe that, then explain how over the last 35 years the demographics have remained virtually consistent the whole time (with the exception to the period around and immediately following the millennium turnover when they were also trying to create a IT metropolis and brought in huge number of Indian Nationals which they weren't watching to closely and during the 2011 GE it came out that the demographics were skewed downwards by almost 2% for the Chinese demographic of 76% and the Indian demographic up by 1.5 % over the same period. That's when it came out originally. This is more obvious when you consider that the Chinese have the lowest TFR for the past 35 years here. but yet their demographic with the exception of the IT years noted above has stayed virtually the same. Facts don't lie. Shan doesn't have to give you actual figures. Anybody with a modicum of sense can see just based on the TFR and the fact that the percentages stay relatively the same across all the major ethnicities here. Malays are up .5% over the past 20 years which is also reasonable considering they have always had the largest TFR here with Indian in the middle.

Singapore can do anything it wants. It always has, it always will. Since when have they every cared about world opinion?

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 02 Nov 2021 10:34 pm

Not disagreeing with the above. You misunderstand. Like I said, what you said above is something we know to be true because It IS an open secret.

I was just pointing out that it has never been explicitly said in parliament that they take your race into consideration when granting PR/citizenship. The closest mention I can find is when Shanmugam mentioned that most PRs are granted to those who are geographically nearest to Singapore (which is exactly the dataset provided in the population brief every year)

And of course Singapore cares. It is why Singapore has a fairly good relationship with almost every country. Again from Shanmugam: “Given our history, it has been our assessment that releasing the data of country of origin of our PRs will both create negative sensitivities with other countries; and may affect the flow of PRs from such countries.”

You can read the full reply here: https://www.mha.gov.sg/mediaroom/parlia ... r-for-law/

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Tue, 02 Nov 2021 10:46 pm

It's a pretty poorly kept secret. The only people who are not in the know apparently are the ladies over at edmw who think there's some special love that the pap has for Indians.

mystic_river
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mystic_river » Tue, 02 Nov 2021 10:51 pm

As poor as the secret that Malays never get deployed in RSAF

ProvenPracticalFlexible
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by ProvenPracticalFlexible » Wed, 03 Nov 2021 12:17 pm

Tue, 02 Nov 2021 10:18 pm
They have said that they use immigration to Singapore to to keep the demographics at the amount that they are comfortable with. If you don't believe that, then explain how over the last 35 years the demographics have remained virtually consistent the whole time (with the exception to the period around and immediately following the millennium turnover when they were also trying to create a IT metropolis and brought in huge number of Indian Nationals which they weren't watching to closely and during the 2011 GE it came out that the demographics were skewed downwards by almost 2% for the Chinese demographic of 76% and the Indian demographic up by 1.5 % over the same period. That's when it came out originally. This is more obvious when you consider that the Chinese have the lowest TFR for the past 35 years here. but yet their demographic with the exception of the IT years noted above has stayed virtually the same. Facts don't lie. Shan doesn't have to give you actual figures. Anybody with a modicum of sense can see just based on the TFR and the fact that the percentages stay relatively the same across all the major ethnicities here. Malays are up .5% over the past 20 years which is also reasonable considering they have always had the largest TFR here with Indian in the middle.

Singapore can do anything it wants. It always has, it always will. Since when have they every cared about world opinion?
I think those stats lie a bit or require a bit of creative accounting, and flexibility with using the term secondary race. No way can otherwise the others group remain so low, taking into consideration that more and more are marrying out of their race and having mixed babies. I got a feeling that as long as one parent is at least half Chinese, the kids count as Chinese in the population statistics.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Wed, 03 Nov 2021 12:56 pm

ProvenPracticalFlexible wrote:
Wed, 03 Nov 2021 12:17 pm
Tue, 02 Nov 2021 10:18 pm

I think those stats lie a bit or require a bit of creative accounting, and flexibility with using the term secondary race. No way can otherwise the others group remain so low, taking into consideration that more and more are marrying out of their race and having mixed babies. I got a feeling that as long as one parent is at least half Chinese, the kids count as Chinese in the population statistics.
These days for mixed kids, they have a double barrelled race. Which means that parents can choose which race is primary and which is secondary. I guess, the primary race will be used to add to the number for that race.