Singapore Expats

whats this fascination on being a cabin crew?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Sherlock

whats this fascination on being a cabin crew?

Post by Sherlock » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 8:27 am

everyone in here is getting all excited about being a cabin crew - asking when the next interview is, worried if their tall enough, pretty enough.....isnt it a job where you can leave ur brains behind? a waitress in th skies? Whats the entry requirement,......I mean actual academic qualifications, 3 , 4 "O" levels? Look around, what kinda jobs on the ground would take in people with that kinda qualifications? Telephone operators? Admin Assistants? get a grip people...you guys make it sound like its some sort of a divine job -

cheers

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 8:47 am

You start with a question, that's good. But then you just cannot resist to start venting your frustrations again.

Think about it, these people at least have a dream, that they will want to follow. A passion for a certain job is only to respect, as it is close to one's heart, very much alive. And as said before, be aware the stewardesses of SIA are amongst the most wanted professionals after their service at SIA.

Now what is wrong with following your heart and be truely passionate about something?

Or should we respect you, the internet troll, who is just about nagging other people on the internet, anonymously? No passion, just frustrated?

Eric

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 9:45 am

RIGHT ON, ERIC!!!!

REENA

THANKS

Post by REENA » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 9:35 pm

hi eric..thanks a lot for understanding my aspirations...well i have worked for citibank and hsbc for the past few years..it was tiring but i meet so many interesting people along the way. I remember being so shy and nervous during my first day in my first job..But now im amazed at my confidence I have gain. The only stupid thing was asking if I was qualified for the job in emirates in this forum and only gaining response from negative loser. Thank you so much eric..ure really an open minded person...see ya

REENA :roll: :idea:

Sherlock

Post by Sherlock » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 9:48 pm

"ure really an open minded person...see ya "

now ure soundling like an anglophile

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:24 pm

Sherlock wrote:"ure really an open minded person...see ya "

now ure soundling like an anglophile
And Sherlock, now you are sounding like a real dope. Are you in your own dead end job, living a life of quiet desperation?

dot dot dot
Manager
Manager

Post by dot dot dot » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:32 pm

an internet troll persisting he is sherlock holmes... as if there is a mystery to be solved :? maybe sherlock should start digging his own mind?

anyway, SE, we gave this idiot to much attention already :x

Reena, good luck to you!

Eric

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:03 am

Thank you Eric and Strong Eagle, I did try to start what I hoped would turn out to be an enlightening discussion with the person to whom you both refer but then I am very good at making mistakes!

Plavt.

power-up

Post by power-up » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:19 pm

ooh!!! a great debate... but of cos' i agree with eric's comment... that's right everyone has a dream to achieve and we have to respect that... going against people's dream is only pure jealousy and uncivilised..... you go boy!!! thumbs up :)

cheers

power-up

Post by power-up » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:21 pm

spelling and grammar mistakes..... sorry... it's suppose to be of cos' and everyone have their individual dreams to achieve... refer to above....

ehheheeh

butterf|y

Post by butterf|y » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 12:09 am

Sherlock, you sound like a complete himbo. Shallow and ignorant. :roll: For your information, our local international carrier Singapore Airlines require the applicants to possess at least a "Diploma" certificate from a local university. Get your facts right before you want to stand out and utter rubbish. Or you'll end up embarassing yourself again.

And coming to this, what is wrong with people holding just an "O" level or rather an "N" level certificate? Do they deserve less respect from us just cos of this difference in educational qualifications? Are they less likely to succeed? Bill gates is a very good example. The fellow dropped out of high school. So what? Look at what he has achieved.

I, myself am a cabin crew and no. I do not leave my brains behind each time i go for a flight. In fact, i think you are the brainless one. Do you not have a brain when you post this topic? I think not. Wow. A waitress in the sky. That's silly people's [like you] perception of us. Waitresses do not need to learn first aid. We can't simply call for an ambulance when someone faints on our flight. We have to perform CPR on that guy. How about someone who chokes? Sure. We go "tea or coffee for you sir?" , clean the toilets, clean kids' vomitus, smile at demanding and rude passengers all the time. But then end of the day, when passengers come up to me and thanked me for the wonderful service rendered; Passengers whom i flew with again remember my name or kids running up to me and giving me a peck on the cheek thanking me for being the nice sister i had been to them. Everything is just worthwhile. This job satisfaction, i can't get in a normal 9-5 hour day job... period. :wink:
What doesn't break me, shall only make me stronger.

miserable

Post by miserable » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 1:01 am

I don't mean to be a pessimist here but, I mean, if the plane crashes...what are the chances of survival???

I certainly hope you can swim to safety. :shock:

We each lead our lives differently. All the better if you find what you do meaningful, just as well if you are just looking for a 9-5 job to bring in the dough.

Do remember that you (who are reading this thread) have the luxury of choice right now, and are not a victim of circumstances.

Hope those whose dream is to get into the crew get there, I heard it's quite an exhilarating job *grin*

Post by Guest » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 1:28 am

Having studied a few years in Spore myself, I know it was considered a great aspiration of many girls to be an SIA girl...It seems so glam, flying here and there etc.

To Butterfly,
what is wrong with people holding just an "O" level or rather an "N" level certificate? Do they deserve less respect from us just because of this difference in educational qualifications? Are they less likely to succeed? Bill gates is a very good example. The fellow dropped out of high school. So what? Look at what he has achieved.
There's nothing wrong with pple holding "o"or "n" level certs, and I don't think they should be less respected but they ARE less likely to succeed than pple with higer qualifications, look at the stats. Of course, there are many exceptions...Maybe you didn't know but Bill Gates went Harvard University and dropped out after a year b'cos he already knew what he wanted to do and finishing college would not make any difference to him. He did not drop out of high school like you stated.

stonekool

Amiable Respect and Support for Cabin Crew

Post by stonekool » Fri, 08 Jul 2005 2:47 am

Hi Eric, Strong Eagle, Reena, Plavt, Power-Up, Butterfly, Miserable

I stand strongly behind you guys based on the experience of my so-called 'friends' mocking at me for always wanting to fly with SIA based on my academic qualifications.
I, till date disagree storngly with them by arguing on the simple and often denied fact that one's academic interest is an issue by itself, whilst one's vocational interest can be a totally different arena. Although I have just received my Master degree and had a year's teaching experience in an Australian University, it was only recently that I rekindled my all-time dream to fly with Singapore Airlines and doing what I do best; SERVICE.
Simply said, we all have our aspirations and it is the very basis of our individuality that makes us truly unique. So to all those with dreams out there........ Pursue them and never let an opportunity go by. As I have heard in one of my student's university graduation; "Reach for the moon and be among the stars".

Cheers to All Who Dare to Stand Firm in Belief and Pursuit of their Indivudual Dreams

Stonekool :D