Singapore Expats

People queuing overnight for sinovac?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

People queuing overnight for sinovac?

Post by abbby » Thu, 24 Jun 2021 4:06 pm

....And for all you know before they get vaccinated they get covid..sleeping beside each other at public places..
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: People queuing overnight for sinovac?

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 24 Jun 2021 6:26 pm

Sigh.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Thu, 24 Jun 2021 7:28 pm

Very suspicious of such people.

Jgrif96229
Regular
Regular

Post by Jgrif96229 » Fri, 25 Jun 2021 1:45 am

Is it better than pfsyor or moderna?

Why would you que?
Joseph griffin

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 25 Jun 2021 4:40 pm

Jgrif96229 wrote:
Fri, 25 Jun 2021 1:45 am
Is it better than pfsyor or moderna?

Why would you que?
Just based on efficacy, no. However, it’s a good option for people who are immunocompromise and can’t receive mRNA vaccines.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 25 Jun 2021 4:40 pm

smoulder wrote:
Thu, 24 Jun 2021 7:28 pm
Very suspicious of such people.
Understandable.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Sat, 26 Jun 2021 12:58 am

The only people who are desperate for Sinovac are those who wish to travel to China. Has China barred entry unless you specifically had the Sinovac vaccine? Seems like no other vaccine will do.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Sat, 26 Jun 2021 2:52 am

As pointed out in another thread, Sinophiles.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 27 Jun 2021 12:44 am

smoulder wrote:
Sat, 26 Jun 2021 2:52 am
Clearly, most of the hundreds in line seem to be PRCs.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 27 Jun 2021 12:45 am

malcontent wrote:
Sat, 26 Jun 2021 12:58 am
The only people who are desperate for Sinovac are those who wish to travel to China. Has China barred entry unless you specifically had the Sinovac vaccine? Seems like no other vaccine will do.
No, China still allows entry for those vaccinated with Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J.

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Sun, 27 Jun 2021 1:55 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 27 Jun 2021 12:44 am
smoulder wrote:
Actually I've not really seen it myself. I'm not even sure that the average PRC living here would care. At least, I don't know of any PRCs in my office or friend circle who go out of their way to show patriotism towards China.

The Sinophiles that I was referring to are Singaporeans and some Malaysians who's families have been in the Malay peninsular for at least 3 generations. They've suddenly developed a strange affinity towards China. At least what I've observed is that because China is perceived to be doing certain things well, it is generating a sense of racial superiority among this group. Mostly these things that are generating pride are building infrastructure, a booming economy with a large number of rich people and of course the ultimate thing is military superiority.

I'm guessing that a large number of the people queuing up belong to this category.

malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Post by malcontent » Sun, 27 Jun 2021 12:28 pm

There has been a misinformation campaign to suggest that mRNA vaccines are less safe than the traditional sinovac (which just barely meets WHO efficacy standards of minimum 50%).

But chickens always come back to roost, and we are seeing that in places like Indonesia where large numbers of fully Sino-vaccinated are getting hospitalized after contracting Covid.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

smoulder
Editor
Editor

Post by smoulder » Sun, 27 Jun 2021 1:07 pm

malcontent wrote:
Sun, 27 Jun 2021 12:28 pm
There has been a misinformation campaign to suggest that mRNA vaccines are less safe than the traditional sinovac (which just barely meets WHO efficacy standards of minimum 50%).

But chickens always come back to roost, and we are seeing that in places like Indonesia where large numbers of fully Sino-vaccinated are getting hospitalized after contracting Covid.
I've seen some of the whatsapp messages going around. The people I've seen spreading them all fit the description of the typical Sinophile. Male boomers of the majority race, born and raised here. Based on what I know, most of them will be at least the 3rd generation in the red dot.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 27 Jun 2021 3:47 pm

smoulder wrote:
Sun, 27 Jun 2021 1:55 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Sun, 27 Jun 2021 12:44 am
smoulder wrote:
Actually I've not really seen it myself. I'm not even sure that the average PRC living here would care. At least, I don't know of any PRCs in my office or friend circle who go out of their way to show patriotism towards China.

The Sinophiles that I was referring to are Singaporeans and some Malaysians who's families have been in the Malay peninsular for at least 3 generations. They've suddenly developed a strange affinity towards China. At least what I've observed is that because China is perceived to be doing certain things well, it is generating a sense of racial superiority among this group. Mostly these things that are generating pride are building infrastructure, a booming economy with a large number of rich people and of course the ultimate thing is military superiority.

I'm guessing that a large number of the people queuing up belong to this category.
Really? The photos of the queues I’ve seen going around seem to only show PRCs.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor

Post by Lisafuller » Sun, 27 Jun 2021 3:49 pm

malcontent wrote:
Sun, 27 Jun 2021 12:28 pm

Exactly. Don’t understand how anyone could fall for such a campaign.