Singapore Expats

PR Approved 2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
himanshu.anand

Re: PR Approved 2021

Post by himanshu.anand » Wed, 09 Jun 2021 11:37 am

People who have got PR approved and those who have applied - Couple of questions :
1.Did you use letter of references
2.Did you use any agency ?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Jun 2021 4:07 pm

Neither are needed nor wanted by ICA officers and if they do, they will send you an email requesting exactly what they want. Otherwise, only give them what they ask for so they don't have to spend time and getting aggravated having to sift through a ton of chaff just to find the wheat.

Do not use an agency. The application was designed to be fillable by an N level holder. An Agency is nothing more that a form filler with a degree in BS (bullshit). They cannot put anything in the application that you don't actually give them. Anybody on this forum with may one or two exception has not used an agency to get approval.

Side note, agencies reserve the right not to take you on as a client. Just like us, they profile you quickly to see your potential of getting approved on the first application. If it falls below a certain percentage in their eyes, they will not take you as an client. The reason is simple. For each rejection they get from ICA/MOM is draws down their advertised success percentage. That should tell you something right off the bat. So if it looks good enough for them to gamble on their approval rate, then you can do it yourself easily enough. Also you have other resources at your disposal. You are using probably the best one right now.

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

sonnabend

Post by sonnabend » Wed, 09 Jun 2021 6:36 pm

Ironically, of one those agencies is the sponsor of this forum 🤔

https://ibb.co/5rCH4zR

Rocketboy

Post by Rocketboy » Wed, 09 Jun 2021 6:43 pm

I applied multiple times, without an agency, with an agency, with reference letters, I wrote a poem to ICA once back in the day when you could attach motivation letter or something.

Consistently negative outcome. But I keep trying, its like TOTO, plus there are many more things to try, get pregnant (I am male but who knows, tiger beer does miracles), own a durian stall and rename it to - " 順順 PR " (soon soon), win toto and 4d so I can get PR via investor scheme.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Jun 2021 8:16 pm

sonnabend, We cannot do anything about paid for advertising. They are not "sponsors" at all. They are legal advertisers, selling dubious products. But it not up to the hosts to judge their morals.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

unicorn1991

Post by unicorn1991 » Thu, 10 Jun 2021 1:03 am

FelineDuos wrote:
Mon, 07 Jun 2021 11:57 pm
SingaporeanAtHeart wrote:
Tue, 18 May 2021 8:25 pm
FelineDuos wrote:
Sun, 09 May 2021 7:58 pm
Hi,

I applied last Sept 18 2020 under spouse sponsorship still waiting.

Going 8 yrs in SG. Currently on LTVP.

Last application was 2 yrs ago. Rejected due to I have existing LTVP pass as per ICA rejection letter.

Anyone experience same and end up approved on the year when LTVP is expiring?

My LTVP is expiring Oct 2021.
I’m an LTVP holder married to SC who also applied in Sept 2020 under souse sponsorship and is still pending. (Lived in SG for 13 years, married 4)

Mine isn’t expiring, in fact was renewed fo LTVP+ last year Feb. But I’m curious as to how you know they rejected it because you have an existing LTVP? I never heard of that before and was under the impression they never released the reason as to why they reject PR applications.
hi, my rejection letter indicated that i have valid LTVP thus im allowed to stay in SG and work. btw, just to update. i just got my PR approval letter today. it was approved last 3 June. all the best and hope you get yours soon too. you may want to seek help from your MP. my approval letter indicated our MP's appeal letter on my application. you may ask your hubby to write to them.
Hi FelineDuos, i have pm-ed you seperately.

FelineDuos

Post by FelineDuos » Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:09 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Tue, 18 May 2021 9:07 pm
After reading and rereading FelineDuos post, I think what happened was she applied for PR and LTVP around the same time, therefore, as we've always said, never have more than one residency application visas at the same time as it will throw a spanner into the works. (residency visas = LTVP, PR, PEP, S, EP, WP, DP & Student Visas) Sounds like that was exactly what happened. They needed to withdraw one of the applications. This resulted in ICA bouncing the PR application.
Last application was 2 yrs ago. Rejected due to I have existing LTVP pass as per ICA rejection letter.
Is this the "exact" text as per ICA rejection letter? Or, does it say due to having an existing LTVP Pass Application?
i got my LTVP on Jan 2018 valid for 2 years and applied same year which shows that my LTVP is just fresh.

i cant fully remember the full context. but from what i understood is that my application was rejected and since i have a valid LTVP, i am still allowed to stay in SG and work under LOC.

sorry for the confusion everyone.

FelineDuos

Post by FelineDuos » Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:11 am

Nlucy wrote:
Tue, 08 Jun 2021 8:10 am
FelineDuos wrote:
Mon, 07 Jun 2021 11:57 pm
SingaporeanAtHeart wrote:
Tue, 18 May 2021 8:25 pm

I’m an LTVP holder married to SC who also applied in Sept 2020 under souse sponsorship and is still pending. (Lived in SG for 13 years, married 4)

Mine isn’t expiring, in fact was renewed fo LTVP+ last year Feb. But I’m curious as to how you know they rejected it because you have an existing LTVP? I never heard of that before and was under the impression they never released the reason as to why they reject PR applications.
hi, my rejection letter indicated that i have valid LTVP thus im allowed to stay in SG and work. btw, just to update. i just got my PR approval letter today. it was approved last 3 June. all the best and hope you get yours soon too. you may want to seek help from your MP. my approval letter indicated our MP's appeal letter on my application. you may ask your hubby to write to them.
Hi, may I ask at which stage you sought help from MP? Did you get a rejection then you sought MP's help? Or while waiting you just got MP letter to enhance the chance? Thanks.
we sought MP's help after 8th month mark of my application.

tpa

Post by tpa » Fri, 11 Jun 2021 2:10 pm

Hi

Anyone applied PR in Jan 2021 and got the result?

Ignorant1
Regular
Regular

Post by Ignorant1 » Fri, 11 Jun 2021 4:25 pm

tpa wrote:
Fri, 11 Jun 2021 2:10 pm
Hi

A Indian friend of mine applied jan first week and got rejected by May end

tpa

Post by tpa » Fri, 11 Jun 2021 10:27 pm

Ignorant1 wrote:
Fri, 11 Jun 2021 4:25 pm
tpa wrote:
Fri, 11 Jun 2021 2:10 pm
Hi

A Indian friend of mine applied jan first week and got rejected by May end
Thanks for the sharing.
One of my friends has been waiting for 11 months and has not got his result either.

sonnabend

Post by sonnabend » Sun, 13 Jun 2021 1:50 am

I finally got mine approved! Time to give back to the community :D

9 Sept 2020 Applied
20 April 2021 Received an email from ICA to request for my brother's employment history
27 April 2021 Uploaded a letter written and signed by myself stating my brother's employment history
17 May 2021 Submit requested document button disappeared - Started panicking and started praying Three Hail Mary Novena for 9 consecutive days :shock:
13 June 2021 Checked online at midnight 12:01 and saw that the status is approved; approval date stated as 10 June. I think I am one of the minority who only receive the outcome more than 3 weeks after the disappearance of the button.

My profile:
28 years old Chinese Indonesian single male
10 years in Singapore (7 years student's pass and 3 years EP)
Diploma in Music from Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
Bachelor of Business from Singapore Management University
Currently working as operations manager in an institute of higher learning drawing monthly salary of $2850

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting 😊
Last edited by sonnabend on Mon, 14 Jun 2021 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 13 Jun 2021 12:25 pm

Congratulations sonnabend!
Yes-Virginia-there-is-a-Santa-Claus.jpg

tpa

Post by tpa » Mon, 14 Jun 2021 9:27 am

sonnabend wrote:
Sun, 13 Jun 2021 1:50 am
I finally got mine approved! Time to give back to the community :D

9 Sept 2020 Applied
20 April 2021 Received an email from ICA to request for my brother's employment history
27 April 2021 Uploaded a letter written and signed by myself stating my brother's employment history
17 May 2021 Submit requested document button disappeared - Started panicking and started praying Three Hail Mary Novena for 9 consecutive days :shock:
13 June 2021 Checked online at midnight 12:01 and saw that the status is approved; approval date stated as 10 May. I think I am one of the minority who only receive the outcome more than 3 weeks after the disappearance of the button.

My profile:
28 years old Chinese Indonesian single male
10 years in Singapore (7 years student's pass and 3 years EP)
Diploma in Music from Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
Bachelor of Business from Singapore Management University
Currently working as operations manager in an institute of higher learning drawing monthly salary of $2850

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting 😊
Congratulation!

CJtheBear

Post by CJtheBear » Thu, 24 Jun 2021 5:29 pm

My daughter (18y/o) started schooling here from primary 3, now on JC2.

Applied PR last August 2019 as student.
Got approval October 2020.
Applied SGC last month (15May2021)
Received SGC IPA this month.
She will have her SG passport when she reached 21. By now, she is advised not to renounce her citizenship yet until she reached 21.