Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Guest003

Post by Guest003 » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 1:50 pm

Can someone enlighten me what SQ stand for? if S is singapore and then what is Q?? my fren was asked this in the interview.

jessbling

Re: Qatar Airways

Post by jessbling » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 1:51 pm

Paige wrote:
PuKi wrote:check this out also:
http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/Exp ... rew.asp#CO

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if I'm interested to join either Qatar or Emirates, which Airline offers a better remuneration? Calculated from Qatar's Webbie that pay is about 2.3K. Not very much considered that it is to be based overseas.
Hi Gals, the airlines below are also recruiting! =D
http://jobsearch.careers.cathaypacific.com/ (Cathay Pacific) AND
http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com/baweb ... hlmsghykth (British Airways)

Hi,

Im keen in the airline industry n would like to know more. how would singaporeans be able to apply for foreign airline positions? like cathay pacific?

j08

Post by j08 » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 1:57 pm

hi,

im abt 1.53m n weigh 40kg, would there be any chances of getting into an airline? cos i heard cathay pacific did accept shorter n smaller build gals

rgds

Post by Guest » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 2:06 pm

Guest003 wrote:Can someone enlighten me what SQ stand for? if S is singapore and then what is Q?? my fren was asked this in the interview.
SQ is just the abbreviation for Singapore Airlines. There's no specific meaning to it. It applies to CX (Cathay Pacific) and TG (Thai Airways).

However, if you want to make up your own story, then I think Q can stands for Quality

Post by Guest » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 3:17 pm

Paige wrote:
PuKi wrote:check this out also:
http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/Exp ... rew.asp#CO

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if I'm interested to join either Qatar or Emirates, which Airline offers a better remuneration? Calculated from Qatar's Webbie that pay is about 2.3K. Not very much considered that it is to be based overseas.
Hi Gals, the airlines below are also recruiting! =D
http://jobsearch.careers.cathaypacific.com/ (Cathay Pacific) AND
http://www.britishairwaysjobs.com/baweb ... hlmsghykth (British Airways)

Hi paige

The cabin crew positons for CX and BA are not for Singaporeans... so sad... Missed out on BA when they came to Singapore to recruit Singapore based gals...

Thanks anyway...

Tori

Post by Tori » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 3:33 pm

Yup, Cathy & British currently not open to Singaporeans...

but if there is any open for Singapore candidates, do keep us posted (anyone)!

Cheers :wink:

Kofro

SIA

Post by Kofro » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 4:01 pm

Any guys attended the 2nd interview today ? How was it ? How many guys attended and how many were eliminated ?

M

Re: SIA

Post by M » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 5:28 pm

Kofro wrote:Any guys attended the 2nd interview today ? How was it ? How many guys attended and how many were eliminated ?
There were 50 of us as I was the last in the list. Psychometric test took some time but I think it didn't affect the elimination in anyway. Followed by that, was checking of our weight and height. And to end the day was the water confidence test. We were told to jump off a mock aircraft and swim towards the other end of the pool. Some guys did had vest with them but I think some of them still got to the final round.

End of the day, I think about 35-40 of us made it to the management interview. Goodluck to all the ladies tomorrow and perhaps we shall meet in class if god forbids. :twisted:

JaS

Post by JaS » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 5:35 pm

Today is Only For Stewards?

M

Post by M » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 5:36 pm

JaS wrote:Today is Only For Stewards?
Yes! Ladies are scheduled for tomorrow! :D

silly

Post by silly » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 5:37 pm

Hey M! Congrats! you got in right! get the results at the end of the day isit?

Maybe could you share with us what to look out for in the Kebaya Test? Is the Kebaya test the part where most elimination is done?

M

Post by M » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 5:41 pm

silly wrote:Hey M! Congrats! you got in right! get the results at the end of the day isit?

Maybe could you share with us what to look out for in the Kebaya Test? Is the Kebaya test the part where most elimination is done?
Hey Silly,

Thank you and yes we got our results after the water confidence test. But I'm sorry that I'm unable to provide information regarding the Kebaya test as today was for stewards only. But I believe and after reading from rest of the earlier posts, that is when they have a thorough check of your body and skin. I believe tatoos are fine as long they are not "distracting". I might be wrong but nevertheless I wish you all the best! :D

Anna

Re: SIA

Post by Anna » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 5:43 pm

M wrote:
Kofro wrote:Any guys attended the 2nd interview today ? How was it ? How many guys attended and how many were eliminated ?
There were 50 of us as I was the last in the list. Psychometric test took some time but I think it didn't affect the elimination in anyway. Followed by that, was checking of our weight and height. And to end the day was the water confidence test. We were told to jump off a mock aircraft and swim towards the other end of the pool. Some guys did had vest with them but I think some of them still got to the final round.

End of the day, I think about 35-40 of us made it to the management interview. Goodluck to all the ladies tomorrow and perhaps we shall meet in class if god forbids. :twisted:
Hi M,

So it means you are in already? Bcos my fnd went for the interview last yr and she said there were 2 day interviews in all, but seem lik this yr, there are 3 day interviews in total..

She said Water confidence round was last, after managament interview but in this forum, i understand that it's management interview after water confidence test. :roll: puzzled..

JaS

Post by JaS » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 5:43 pm

silly:

I don think he'll know how is the kebaya test like since he will never be donning one. :?

M

Post by M » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 5:44 pm

JaS wrote:silly:

I don think he'll know how is the kebaya test like since he will never be donning one. :?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: